Hijab, Niqab or Nothing
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 12, 2008
Ada 3 orang perempuan ditanya oleh wartawan mengenai pemakaian tudung.
Just watch how these 3 ladies response.
Below are concerning the mandatory of Hijab that Allah & His Rasul commanded.
Hijab (حجاب) is the Arabic term for "cover" (noun), based on the root حجب meaning "to veil, to cover (verb), to screen, to shelter".
In some Arabic-speaking countries & Western countries, the word hijab primarily refers to women's head and body covering, but in Islamic scholarship, hijab is given the wider meaning of modesty, privacy, and morality. The word used in the Qur'an for a HEADSCARF or VEIL is khimār (خمار).
The Qur'an instructs Muslims to dress in a modest fashion.
Surah an-Nur ayah 31 states:
"And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks & GUARD their PRIVATE PARTS & do NOT DISPLAY their ORNAMENTS except what appears thereof, & let them WEAR their HEAD-COVERINGS (khimars) OVER their BOSOMS (jaybs), & NOT DISPLAY their ornaments EXCEPT to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; & let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; & turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.(Qur'an 24:31)
In the following verse, Muslim women are asked to DRAW their jalābib (when they go out), as a measure to DISTINGUISH themselves FROM OTHER, so that they are NOT HARASSED.
"Those who harass believing men & believing women unjustifiably shall bear the guilt of slander & a grievous sin. O Prophet! Enjoin your wives, your daughters, & the wives of true believers to DRAW their JILBAB OVER them [when they go out]. That is MORE PROPER, so that they may be DISTINGUISHED & NOT be HARASSED. God is ever forgiving & merciful. If the hypocrites & those who have the ailment [of jealousy] in their hearts & the scandal mongers of Madinah do not desist, We will rouse you against them, & their days in that city will be numbered. Cursed be they; wherever found, they would be seized & put to death. (Qur'an 33:58-61)
The hadith (Arabic plural ahādīth) are traditions concerning the practices of the early Muslim community.
The Arabic word jilbab is translated as "cloak" in the following passage.
Aisha reported that Muhammad's wives went out at nighttime to open fields in the outskirts of Medina to relieve themselves. Umar bin Khattab said 'Muhammad, ask your ladies to observe veil,'
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: The Prophet said: Allah does NOT ACCEPT the PRAYER of a WOMAN who has REACHED PUBERTY UNLESS she WEARS a VEIL. (Sunnan Abu Dawud 2:641)
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Asma bint Abu Bakr, entered upon the Apostle of Allah wearing thin clothes. The Apostle of Allah turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma', WHEN a WOMAN REACHES the AGE of MENSTRUATION, it does NOT suit her that she DISPLAYS her parts of body EXCEPT this & this, & he pointed to her FACE & HANDS. (Sunnan Abu Dawud 32:4092)
Narrated Umm Salama Hind bint Abi Umayya, Ummul Mu'minin: WHEN the VERSE: "That they should cast their outer garments over their persons" was REVEALED, the women of Ansar CAME OUT as if they had crows OVER their HEADS by WEARING outer GARMENTS. (Sunnan Abu Dawud 32:4090)
Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba: 'Aisha used to say: "WHEN (the VERSE): "They should draw their veils over their necks & bosoms," was REVEALED, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges & COVERED their FACES with the cut pieces." (Sahih Bukhari 6:60:282, Sunnan Abu Dawud 32:4091)
Narrated Anas ibn Malik: I know (about) the Hijab (the order of veiling of women) more than anybody else. Ubay ibn Ka'b used to ask me about it. Allah's Apostle became the bridegroom of Zaynab bint Jahsh whom he married at Medina. After the sun had risen high in the sky, the Prophet invited the people to a meal. Allah's Apostle remained sitting & some people remained sitting with him after the other guests had left. Then Allah's Apostle got up & went away, & I too, followed him till he reached the door of 'Aisha's room. Then he thought that the people must have left the place by then, so he returned & I also returned with him. Behold, the people were still sitting at their places. So he went back again for the second time, & I went along with him too. When we reached the door of 'Aisha's room, he returned & I also returned with him to see that the people had left. Thereupon the Prophet hung a curtain between me & him & the Verse regarding the order for (veiling of women) Hijab was REVEALED. (Bukhari 7:65:375, Sahih Muslim 8:3334)
Standard YouTube License
- 2:00:01 Siapa Bilang Bidah Itu Sesat!!....(full)by NURUL ENI150,425 views
- 10:50 A women loses the debate with a muslim womenby Sara Kurdy Abidatullah3,435,249 views
- 1:28:47 Qualities Of A True Worshipper Mufti Ismail Menkby soukISLAM115,822 views
- 6:44 Supermodel wears Hijab for a dayby TheLink10001246,798 views
- 12:20 Muslim Women need not to Cover Face in Hijab- Dr.Zakir Naik proves from Quran & Hadithby Peace-Forum160,021 views
- 12:18 NZ Muslim women 'regularly' told to remove veilsby amnewswatch70,630 views
- 9:46 BBC - Do We Misunderstand Islam - Part 1/3by 2umone230,331 views
- 19:21 Change Of Heart - Muslim Short Film!by West Dawn Media1,214,697 views
- 4:45 Niqab Style Eightby thankyoudarling173,068 views
- 9:57 Life Of A Muslim Wife In Saudi Arabia Part 1/2. Pious Pure Paak Muslimahs (Female Muslim) In Islamby AhmadDeedat7861,395,252 views
- 3:10 How to Eat with a Niqab Onby Puteri Ayie52,536 views
- 7:32 W. Deen Mohammed and Louis Farrakhan Interviewby baitcal70,709 views
- 4:38 I hate the Hijab!by HijabiBengaliSisters .1,111,161 views
- 1:49 What Americans thinks about Muslims.. Can you believe that?by Farhan Ahmad1,131,837 views
- 10:19 Is islam Intolerant (part 1/2)?by neotropic9162,996 views
- 1:16 How the Hijab defeats the The false Westen concept of beautyby Fatimah Amattullah913,741 views
- 7:58 Two Child Brides Interviewed Who Are Seeking Divorce - 2by Texoki401,400 views
- 4:45 Hijab Debateby UseYourSkull71,215 views
- 34:36 Habib Ali Zaenal Abidin Al Hamid: Kuliah Subuh Sempena Nuzul Quran & Kisah Perang Badarby zoohirabdullah7,858 views
- 6:41 Why Muslim Women Wear the Veilby Amatullah91948,215 views
- Loading more suggestions...