Mister Rogers: "Won't You Wear a Sweater?" Day
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 25, 2008
Won't You Wear A Sweater On March 20?
In honor of what would have been Mister Rogers' 80th birthday on March 20, Mr. McFeely -- aka David Newell, the public relations director for Family Communications, Inc. (the nonprofit company founded in 1971 by Fred Rogers) -- has a special request.
"We're asking everyone (including members of the media) everywhere (from Pittsburgh to Paris) to wear their favorite sweater on that day," he asks. "It doesn't have to have a zipper down the front like the one Mister Rogers wore on the program, it just has to be special to you."
Sweater Day is part of Pittsburgh's 250th anniversary celebration and the first-ever "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Days March 15 -- 20.
"We wanted to recognize Fred in a way that would reflect his deep appreciation of what it means to be a caring neighbor," explains FCI's Margy Whitmer.
As a result, "'Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Days was born as a means of promoting neighborliness throughout Fred Rogers' own backyard -- Southwestern Pennsylvania region.
Throughout WYBMND more than 30 organizations have signed up to participate.
For more information about Sweater Day and "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Days visit www.misterrogers.org.
This project supported in part by Pittsburgh 250 Community Connections and The Sprout Fund."
About Community Connections:
Community Connections is a grassroots initiative of Pittsburgh 250 supporting projects that encourage civic engagement throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania, commemorate the region's 250th anniversary, and provide lasting value to communities and the region as a whole. More than 500 applications for funding were submitted by individuals, community groups, and organizations to celebrate the "Pride and Progress" of Southwestern Pennsylvania—the theme of Community Connections. A region-wide community decision-making process selected 100 projects to share $1 million in funding for events and activities occurring throughout the anniversary year of 2008.
About The Sprout Fund:
The Sprout Fund is a nonprofit organization supporting innovative ideas and grassroots community projects that are catalyzing change in Pittsburgh. Founded in 2001, Sprout is designed to facilitate community-led solutions to regional challenges and supports efforts to create a thriving, progressive, and culturally diverse region. With strong working relationships to many community organizations and regional stakeholders, The Sprout Fund is one of Southwestern Pennsylvania's leading agencies on issues related to civic engagement, talent attraction and retention, public art, and catalytic small-scale funding.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:56 Fred Rogers on the origins of Mr McFeely and his signature sweaters - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORGby TVLEGENDSFeatured 11,545
- 6:33 Mr. Rogers is a evil Manby arapidsfan 939,772 views
- 4:25 Mr Rogers Breakdancingby Kubop1977's channel 927,963 views
- 6:47 Mister Rogers on The Rosie O'Donnell Showby fwbh 246,067 views
- 3:13 Fred Rogers Acceptance Speech - 1997by The Emmy Awards 1,081,863 views
- 13 videos Play all MRN Playlistby Paulywint
- Fred Rogers 4,094 videos170
- 1:26 Mr Rogers Goodbyeby Jillian Brown 147,655 views
- 9:15 Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2001) HI-RES VERSIONby Kembrew McLeod 66,403 views
- 0:54 Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers) Remembrance from UNC-TVby YellowwoodRoad 19,839 views
- 2:51 Speedy Delivery Song from Ready To Read Episodeby Tom Romero 34,771 views
- 0:49 It's You I Likeby darkeyes10560 45,563 views
- 5:27 Mister Rogers Memorial (Part 1)by FACEO15's Channel From GSN.COM 81,247 views
- 9:57 Fred Rogers Center Highlightsby Fred Rogers Center 40,608 views
- 3:41 Disney Wishesby John Mendez 244,952 views
- 0:53 Mr. McFeeley says Thank Youby MarkowizComm1 23,014 views
- 9:20 Mr. Rogers Visits The Cowsby whosaskinnydog 72,808 views
- 1:48 Tribute To Mr. Rogersby evilmanmike11 334,914 views
- 8:33 Mister Rogers on Tonight Show (1983)by fwbh 130,200 views
- 3:49 Fred Rogers - Friendships that Lastby saintvincentcollege 56,165 views
- 7:09 Disney-MGM Studios 4th of July Fireworksby themack618 925,347 views
- 2:06 Visiting Mister Rogers' Neighborhoodby WQEDPittsburgh 20,073 views
- Loading more suggestions...