Keynote Peter Csermely - Crisis responses and crisis management at EMCSR 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 24, 2012
Peter Csermely is a Hungarian biochemist, and professor at Semmelweis University (Budapest, Hungary). His major fields of study are molecular chaperones and networks. In 1995, Csermely launched a highly successful initiative, which provided research opportunities for more than 10,000 gifted high school students. In 2006 he established the Hungarian National Talent Support Council, and in 2010 he started a nationwide movement for bettering the everyday work morality in Hungary.
He wrote and edited 15 books (including the Weak Links at Springer) and published two hundred research papers with a total citation over 4,500. Dr. Csermely was the member of the Wise Persons' Council of the Hungarian President, is a vice president of the Hungarian Biochemical Society is the past president of Cell Stress Society International, an Ashoka Fellow, was a Fogarty and Howard Hughes Scholar and received several other national and international honors and awards including the 2004 Descartes Award of the European Union for Science Communication.
Our world is at crisis. Global challenges abound. However, they have a "dark" and a "bright" side. The dark side is the imminent danger of the breakdown of interdependent societies with the perspective of extermination of civilised human life. The bright side marks a possible entrance to a new stage of evolution of humanity, to the self-organisation of a humane world society. Cybernetics, systems research, the sciences of complexity -- all of them have the potential to endow the subjects of history with guidance and a means for mastering the current transformation.
Visit our Blog: http://www.emcsr.net/
Become a Fan: http://www.facebook.com/emcsr
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/emcsronline
- 2:07:06 Twelve O'Clock High 1949 GREGORY PECKby Passionné Daviation22,810 views
- 48:45 Corporate Reputations, Risk Management & Social Media - The Crisis Showby The Crisis Show
- 46:22 La Próxima Gran Crisis Economica Mundial 2013 (documental) HDby JL Pizano339,714 views
- 47:22 Crisis Management: How to Handle Bad News Betterby TRANSCOMM201291 views
- 8:52 Interview Merrelyn Emeryby emcsr78 views
- 1:14:34 Workshop on Financial Crisis Management - Dr. Mushtaq Ahmed Khan - August 30 2012 - part 5 of 7by CEE IBA, Karachi117 views
- 1:48:28 Crisis Communications & Understanding the Neuroscience Behind Connecting with Audiences.by BMA Phoenix932 views
- 10:53 Géniusz bemutatkozófilmby ThePaulvision231 views
- 1:20:59 Symposium - The Past, Present and Future of Cybernetics and Systems Research at EMCSR 2012by emcsr232 views
- 46:39 twelve o'clock high : S1E01 Golden Boy Had 9 Black Sheepby jefke peremans6,253 views
- 14:01 Myles Munroe 2 Keys for Success in Crisis Management and Deployment 1x5by mortol84,032 views
- 1:37:17 Debate: Enhancing Sustainable Growth - From Crisis Management to Global Co-operationby OECDBerlin299 views
- 13:52 Csermely Péter professzor a tehetséggondozásrólby József Horváth563 views
- 1:30:50 Crisis Management in the Maritime Arctic, part 1by KTH Media Production86 views
- 46:22 Overdose: The Next Financial Crisisby Journeyman Pictures1,663,535 views
- 1:07:16 Crisis Management for Events: Developing Emergency and Communication Plansby Plan Your Meetings
- 18:11 TEDxDanubia 2011 - Csermely Peter - The Tao of Talentby TEDxTalks5,639 views
- 59:34 The Fall Of A Great Empire - UK Debt Crisis - Economic Collapse - UK False Flagby Ancient Astronaut20,205 views
- 49:14 Partnerships for Crisis Management (The NATO-Russia Relationship): Prof. Piotr Dutkiewiczby NATOCanada58 views
- 1:11:33 Thomas Homer-Dixon - New tools for understanding a turbulent worldby FedCanada2,003 views
- Loading more suggestions...