Uploaded on May 22, 2011
♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
I used to work as a waitress at a Japanese restaurant in the U.S. and learned how to make California Roll, looking at the chefs ;) LOL
Time: 60min (includes rice cooking time)
Number of servings: 4 rolls (24 pieces)
suihanki (Japanese rice cooker)
makisu (bamboo sushi-roll mat)
1.5 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
* 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
* 2 tsp. sugar
* 2/3 tsp. salt
12 imitation crab sticks
2 nori sheets
toasted sesame seeds
wasabi (Japanese Horseradish Paste) if desired
pickled Ginger if desired
1. Cook rice and place in a bowl. Add A while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains.
2. Peel avocado and cut it into 8 strips.
3. Cover a bamboo sushi-roll mat with plastic wrap. Cut nori sheet in half and place it on the bamboo sushi-roll mat, shiny side down.
4. Spread 1/4 of sushi rice (1.) on the nori sheet using your finger tips, little bit moistened with water. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the sushi rice and turn it over so that the nori sheet facing you.
5. Place avocado and imitation crab sticks lengthwise on the nori sheet. (cut them if too long.)
6. Roll the bamboo mat forward, hold the line of ingredients firmly with your fingers, stop and leave about 1/3 inch of sushi rice, make sure all the ingredients are pressed in, roll it completely, gently press the mat around the roll to shape it (do not squeeze).
7. With a moistened knife (bread knife cuts well!) cut the roll into 6 pieces (re-wet as needed. don't push but pull to cut!).
8. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger.
The bread knife, I mentioned in the recipe, is the Miracle Blade which I purchased at eBay 5 years ago.
I saw it on TV and wanted to get one! On TV, it could even cut a rock!!! haha
- Thomas MATO Blanchot Feat. Wawa
Ai No Corrida
- Pierre-Jean Gidon Feat. Sophie
FYI (products I used in my videos):
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course SUBSCRIBE♥
Standard YouTube License