Tale Ognenovski Jazz Composition No. 7 - Macedonian Jazz Clarinet Solo
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 31, 2009
Tale Ognenovski was born in the village of Brusnik near Bitola in the Republic of Macedonia on April 27, 1922. Tale Ognenovski is the greatest clarinetist, reed piper, zourlist and small bagpiper of all time, demonstrating unique skill, a wealth of invention, amazing improvisational virtuosity and outstanding musical competence in all areas of music. He is one of the greatest composers in the world of music. Tale Ognenovski is known across the globe for his virtuosic performances. Tale Ognenovskii as a virtuoso clarinet and reed pipe soloist with Macedonian Ensemble 'Tanec' appeared on January 27, 1956 at Carnegie Hall, New York City in display of tremendous skill. Ensemble Tanecs sixty-six performances in North America attracted much attention in the North American press. He has composed and arranged 150 Macedonian folk dances, one classical concert Tale Ognenovski Concert for Clarinet No. 1, and 12 jazz compositions. Some of his compositions have been recorded on 11 LPs, 11 cassettes, 10 gramophone records, 3 CD Albums and one videotape (Radio Television Belgrade, Serbia; Jugoton Zagreb, Croatia; Macedonian Radio Television, Republic of Macedonia and Independent Records, USA).
CD album entitled: Macedonian Clarinet Jazz Composed By Tale Ognenovski Label: Independent records, USA. (Catalog: IR 38824, September 2, 2008). Tale Ognenovski composed and arranged all 12 tracks: Tale Ognenovski Jazz Composition No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. The exploration of Macedonian music traditions with a jazz sensibility is remarkable. The sound is quite simply phenomenal. Ognenovski's music is timeless. Tale Ognenovski was obviously way ahead of his time, and it is a classic that will be around forever. This CD Album is one of the Best Jazz Instrumental Albums of all time.
Amazon.com Reviewer: Erika Borsos
" I am a fan of the clarinet and was absolutely blown away by the beautiful music on this CD. I have all the CDs produced by this fabulous clarinet player from Macedonia who is often called a "genius" which in my opinion is no exaggeration and this one is my favorite. Jazz music has a freedom of expression like few other musical styles. Tale Ognenovski uses the most intricate Western playing techniques and combines them with exotic Balkan stylizations creating a pure and genuine new dimensional sound. The listener's spirit soars, dances and flies with pleasure and anticipation gliding on every note and musical phrase. Besides the astonishing clarinet playing, Tale Ognenovski is also a master player of the reed pipe, small bagpipe, zourla and drums which add more flavor and spice to the original, creative, and artistic clarinet music on this CD. His son Stevan Ognenovski accompanies the master clarinet player on the reed pipes and drum. While his grandsons Kliment and Nikola add their accompaniment on the reed pipes. Overall, this is a an outstanding CD that is rich with Balkan flavor and has great depth. It is filled with sensational and spectacular music ..."
CD Album is available at: Amazon.com, CD Baby, iTunes, The Orchard, CD Universe
1. On October 11, 1948 Tale Ognenovski received his First Award as the best clarinetist of 'First Republic of Macedonia Festival of Folk Dances and Songs' (11 October, 1948). 453 Folk dances and songs groups competed in the festival in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
2. Tale Ognenovski won First Award at the Yugoslav (Former Yugoslavia) Folk Music Festival in Opatija, Croatia, September 9-12, 1951, together with another 11 members of the Folk Dance Ensemble from the Bitola village of Nizhopole. This was out of 85 folk dance groups from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Slovenia, Macedonia and Croatia. The Yugoslav (Former Yugoslavian) Folk Music Festival in Opatija had been specially arranged for the members of the Conference of the International Folk Music Council (IFMC - The International Folk Music Council' was established in 1947 in London, UK).
3. "Estradna nagrada Jugoslavije" (Yugoslavian Stage Award), the greatest award in former Yugoslavia for musical stage artists, from the Association of Stage Artists of Yugoslavia, Zagreb, Croatia, October 31, 1978.
4. "Pochesna Estradna Nagrada na Makedonija" (Macedonian Stage Award with Honours), the greatest award in the Republic of Macedonia for musical stage artists, from the Association of Stage Artists of Macedonia, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, May 27, 1996.
5. Lifetime Achievement Award - "10 Folk Biseri " (The Ten Folk Pearls), sponsored by Macedonian Radio Television, February 19, 2002.
6. "Radio Ros Award", December 7, 2000.
7. "11 October Award". Tale Ognenovski won top honors on October 11, 2003 at Macedonian Parliament as the Winner of 11 Oktomvri Award, the highest and the most prestigious national award in Republic of Macedonia.
Web Site: www.taleognenovski.com.mk
Standard YouTube License
- 9:09 TALE OGNENOVSKI - ALAL DA TI E MAJSTOREby aristotelpiperka983 views
- 10:03 Tale Ognenovski Mozart Clarinet Concerto in A K.622 III. Rondo Allegro (final movt)by steveogn16,090 views
- 8:33 Pete Fountain - Jazz Me Bluesby JimV33 .187,968 views
- 27:52 W.A.Mozart: Clarinet concerto in A major, K.622 with Nadja Drakslarby zevnikov89,312 views
- 4:12 Egejsko za dusha - Macedonian Folk Music - Ilija Ampevskiby Makedonier28,276 views
- 49:17 Macedonia Music Part 1by John Johnson3,049 views
- 6:01:22 6 Hour of The Best Beethoven - Classical Music Piano Studying Concentration Playlist Mix by JaBigby jabig6,194,438 views
- 3:36 Tale Ognenovski - Talevo Svadbarsko Oroby lou.dinevski4,593 views
- 10:30 'Demo' songs of the Macedonian National Pre-Selection 2008by inLive411,127 views
- 12:20 Mozart - Clarinet Concerto - I - Allegroby obiwan88210,197 views
- 3:31 Jazz compositionby seajin kim3,294 views
- 7:32 David Lukács Jazz Clarinetby MisterGoulash42,891 views
- 5:15 Clarinete - Han Kim, Csárdás -by Márcio Souza514,447 views
- 5:50 Jazz Clarinet "Round Midnight"by Kees Vos2,264 views
- 2:26 The Skopje Connection - "Hope" (Emin)by Georgi Sareski1,745 views
- 1:56:02 The Best of Mozartby HALIDONMUSIC9,236,255 views
- 1:14:53 Jazz Compilation 2012 Part 2by Kakteen Fou5,169,380 views
- 10:10 Jazz Concertoby Soarey77737 views
- 8:03 Jorg Widmann Fantasie for clarinet solo (audio)by Minskclarinet35,871 views
- 3:59 sharon kam mozarts clarinet concerto,first movementby MiyokoxClarinetti438,853 views
- Loading more suggestions...