Tale Ognenovski Jazz Composition No. 6 - Macedonian Jazz Clarinet Solo
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 30, 2009
Tale Ognenovski was born in the village of Brusnik near Bitola in the Republic of Macedonia on April 27, 1922. Tale Ognenovski is the greatest clarinetist, reed piper, zourlist and small bagpiper of all time, demonstrating unique skill, a wealth of invention, amazing improvisational virtuosity and outstanding musical competence in all areas of music. He is one of the greatest composers in the world of music. Tale Ognenovski is known across the globe for his virtuosic performances. Tale Ognenovskii as a virtuoso clarinet and reed pipe soloist with Macedonian Ensemble 'Tanec' appeared on January 27, 1956 at Carnegie Hall, New York City in display of tremendous skill. Ensemble Tanecs sixty-six performances in North America attracted much attention in the North American press. He has composed and arranged 150 Macedonian folk dances, one classical concert Tale Ognenovski Concert for Clarinet No. 1, and 12 jazz compositions. Some of his compositions have been recorded on 11 LPs, 11 cassettes, 10 gramophone records, 3 CD Albums and one videotape (Radio Television Belgrade, Serbia; Jugoton Zagreb, Croatia; Macedonian Radio Television, Republic of Macedonia and Independent Records, USA).
CD album entitled: Macedonian Clarinet Jazz Composed By Tale Ognenovski Label: Independent records, USA. (Catalog: IR 38824, September 2, 2008). Tale Ognenovski composed and arranged all 12 tracks: Tale Ognenovski Jazz Composition No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. The exploration of Macedonian music traditions with a jazz sensibility is remarkable. The sound is quite simply phenomenal. Ognenovski's music is timeless. Tale Ognenovski was obviously way ahead of his time, and it is a classic that will be around forever. This CD Album is one of the Best Jazz Instrumental Albums of all time.
Amazon.com Reviewer: Erika Borsos
"I am a fan of the clarinet and was absolutely blown away by the beautiful music on this CD. I have all the CDs produced by this fabulous clarinet player from Macedonia who is often called a "genius" which in my opinion is no exaggeration and this one is my favorite. Jazz music has a freedom of expression like few other musical styles. Tale Ognenovski uses the most intricate Western playing techniques and combines them with exotic Balkan stylizations creating a pure and genuine new dimensional sound. The listener's spirit soars, dances and flies with pleasure and anticipation gliding on every note and musical phrase. Besides the astonishing clarinet playing, Tale Ognenovski is also a master player of the reed pipe, small bagpipe, zourla and drums which add more flavor and spice to the original, creative, and artistic clarinet music on this CD. His son Stevan Ognenovski accompanies the master clarinet player on the reed pipes and drum. While his grandsons Kliment and Nikola add their accompaniment on the reed pipes. Overall, this is a an outstanding CD that is rich with Balkan flavor and has great depth. It is filled with sensational and spectacular music ..."
CD Album is available at: Amazon.com, CD Baby, iTunes, The Orchard, CD Universe
1. On October 11, 1948 Tale Ognenovski received his First Award as the best clarinetist of 'First Republic of Macedonia Festival of Folk Dances and Songs' (11 October, 1948). 453 Folk dances and songs groups competed in the festival in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
2. Tale Ognenovski won First Award at the Yugoslav (Former Yugoslavia) Folk Music Festival in Opatija, Croatia, September 9-12, 1951, together with another 11 members of the Folk Dance Ensemble from the Bitola village of Nizhopole. This was out of 85 folk dance groups from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Slovenia, Macedonia and Croatia. The Yugoslav (Former Yugoslavian) Folk Music Festival in Opatija had been specially arranged for the members of the Conference of the International Folk Music Council (IFMC - The International Folk Music Council' was established in 1947 in London, UK).
3. "Estradna nagrada Jugoslavije" (Yugoslavian Stage Award), the greatest award in former Yugoslavia for musical stage artists, from the Association of Stage Artists of Yugoslavia, Zagreb, Croatia, October 31, 1978.
4. "Pochesna Estradna Nagrada na Makedonija" (Macedonian Stage Award with Honours), the greatest award in the Republic of Macedonia for musical stage artists, from the Association of Stage Artists of Macedonia, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, May 27, 1996.
5. Lifetime Achievement Award - "10 Folk Biseri " (The Ten Folk Pearls), sponsored by Macedonian Radio Television, February 19, 2002.
6. "Radio Ros Award", December 7, 2000.
7. "11 October Award". Tale Ognenovski won top honors on October 11, 2003 at Macedonian Parliament as the Winner of 11 Oktomvri Award, the highest and the most prestigious national award in Republic of Macedonia.
Web Site: www.taleognenovski.com.mk
Standard YouTube License
- 28:50 macedonian folk music - the best of - orovnik - dee jay backa No.1by Orovnik Debrca Macedonia3,374 views
- 9:09 TALE OGNENOVSKI - ALAL DA TI E MAJSTOREby aristotelpiperka983 views
- 4:49 Nevestinsko oro - Orchestra Čalgiiby Makedonier132,564 views
- 4:17 Blagoj Lamnjov - Ohridsko za raka (Tale Ognenovski)by Tomi Jankulovski2,576 views
- 6:04 Ajde vino pijam - Macedonian Folk Songby Makedonier56,970 views
- 4:05 Tale Ognenovski Jazz Composition No. 1 - Macedonian Jazz Clarinet Soloby steveogn15,384 views
- 10:02 Tale Ognenovski Concert for Clarinet No. 1 - Macedonian Classical Clarinet Soloby steveogn10,310 views
- 3:28 Eurovision 1962 - Yugoslaviaby tasosk3243,603 views
- 37 videos Play all Ethno Jazzby emanuelonchu
- 3:19 Macedonian Folklore - Butcher's dance (Tale Ognenovski)by gaston884413,513 views
- 4:12 Egejsko za dusha - Macedonian Folk Music - Ilija Ampevskiby Makedonier29,432 views
- 4:24 Dimchevo oro - Macedonian Folk Musicby Makedonier32,277 views
- 27:52 W.A.Mozart: Clarinet concerto in A major, K.622 with Nadja Drakslarby zevnikov90,205 views
- 6:03 Ilhan Erşahin's Istanbul Sessions - Skopje Jazz Festival 2011by David Burns4,477 views
- 3:15 Eleno Mome (Macedonian Folk Song)by bordaux344,603 views
- 3:36 Tale Ognenovski - Talevo Svadbarsko Oroby lou.dinevski4,593 views
- 2:43 Macedonian Folk Dance "Gajdarsko oro" - Pece Atanasovskiby Makedonier120,575 views
- 4:32 Shto imala k`smet Stamena : Music of Macedoniaby MusicOfMacedonia198,137 views
- 6:15 Janino oro - Macedonian Folk Musicby Makedonier40,780 views
- 9:42 Aegean Macedonian Folk Dances and Songsby Makedonier165,044 views