Ireland by the numbers
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 1, 2010
Did you know that Ireland is home to 8 of the top 10 global technology companies and 15 of the top 25 medical devices firms. We produce enough beef each year to feed 30 million Europeans. 1 out of every 5 burgers served in McDonalds in Europe is Irish beef. Find out more in this 3 minute overview.
Ireland by the Numbers (Script)
Ireland means business for the world
960 foreign companies
- employing 138,000 workers
- cutting edge
- IT hardware and
- medical devices
Home to some of the world s leading companies:
8 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
15 of the top 25 in medical devices
More than 50% of the world s leading financial services firms
8 of the top 10 technology companies.
In fact the total US investment into Ireland is greater than into:
- and China
More food for thought ?
- Ireland produces enough beef each year for 30 m Europeans
- In fact we re the largest exporter of beef in Europe and the fourth largest in the
- One out of five burgers served in McDonalds across Europe is Irish beef
Speaking of cows:
- Ireland exports 80% of its dairy production
- We make 15% of the world s infant formula
We re taking care of people in other ways:
- 10 of the world s top-selling prescription drugs are made in Ireland
Ireland is a giant in medical technology
More than 24,000 people are employed by 160 medical technology companies in
Ireland and 80 of these companies are INDIGENOUS.
For every 100 jobs created in life sciences manufacturing, an additional 100 jobs are created in supporting services.
6.9 bn in exports of medical devices
2nd largest exporter of medical devices in Europe after Germany
And one Sligo-based medical devices firm makes enough tubing to circle the globe.
Exports like these will lead Ireland back to growth.
In fact, Irish companies own more stock invesments overseas (ODI) than foreign
companies make into Ireland. ( 189.7bn v 169.3bn)
Which shouldn't really surprise you.
But here are some other things that might:
Half of the world's fleet of leased aircraft is managed from Ireland.
We employ 16,000 people in forest products, and the sector produces 1.9 bn for the economy.
Ireland is the largest provide of cross-border life insurance in the EU with 16.4bn in premiums in 2009
1.4 TRILLION euro in funds are administered from Ireland
And we re competitive:
4th for labour productivity
3rd for flexibility and adaptability of peope
3rd for being open to new ideas
1st for real corporate taxes
1st for financial skills
1st for availability of skilled labour
So we re not kidding when we say Ireland means business.
You should say it too.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:57 BNP Leader on BBC Northern Ireland TV (1/2)by theworldvideos110,924 views
- 3:28 Amazing Facts about Irelandby Aaron Brennan7,253 views
- 3:02 Failte Ireland Tourism 2011by Meetinireland125,668 views
- 11:13 FIFTY PEOPLE ONE QUESTION - GALWAY, IRELAND 2011 by Kamil Krolakby KamilFilms1,146,142 views
- 7:37 Ireland the Beautifulby bigbeninjax702,253 views
- 2:28 Ireland's Taoiseach Bertie Ahern rejects ESRI Economic Advice, March 2000by Unofficial Irish Video Archive34,408 views
- 6 videos Play all The Industry in Irelandby iphatube
- 8:12 Jackman, Quinlan and Sheahan on Ireland v New Zealand | Against The Headby RTÉ Sport4,875 views
- 3:10 Tourism 2011 - Ireland by numbersby Meetinireland1,114 views
- 3:10 Ireland by the numbersby IBEC Information16,782 views
- 2:45 World Collapse Explained in 3 Minutesby compelled22831,917,978 views
- 1:10 Gift Grub Live Cork Neil Prendevilleby Mediacooptube79,648 views
- 5:11 Irish Myths & Legends, From Leprechaun to Banshees, Hot Facts Model Adrienneby hotfactsgirls41,459 views
- 7:04 Despair - Irelandby Journeyman Pictures9,225 views
- 6:37 Final minute of Ireland vs New Zealand 2013by LasGarzas1115,694 views
- 2:36 Irish Economic Crisis Explained by Robotsby Descartes Dooley48,994 views
- 2:21 Why the Irish will always be the businessby IBEC Information8,970 views
- 4:00 California On Irelandby Kassem G1,978,464 views
- 3:18 Education in Irelandby EducationIreland32,535 views
- 1:10 Medical Technologistby Martin Steinbeck60,268 views