Fastest Mom on Ice
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 27, 2013
Noelle, a mom of two, is among the top skeleton competitors in the world. Following a severe injury, Noelle has rehabbed her way to top competition-shape, and is now focused on making the team for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
Share this video to give breakfast to a child in need. #GreatStartsNoelle
Start Story Transcript: Noelle Pikus-Pace
00:00 [On Screen] Kellogg's presents
00:04 [On Screen] Noelle Pikus-Pace, U.S. Olympian/Two-Time World Champion, Skeleton
00:10 [On Screen] "Fastest Mom on Ice"
00:16 Noelle Pikus-Pace: K, Skeleton in 30 seconds: You sprint, you dive onto your stomach onto a little cookie sheet maneuvering yourself in and out of corners head first with your chin just an inch off the ice, reach speeds of 80-90 mph, the faster we got the happier well be at the end.
00:33 [On screen] start story
00:34 Noelle's Coach: About her junior year is when I was involved with the Olympic movement here in Park City so I picked Noelle as one of my candidates.
00:41 Noelle: He's like "Ok everybody, this is called..." and he just kicked me off, like, literally.
00:45 Coach: When they get to the bottom we decide, ok - now who didn't have a good time? Well Noelle says:
00:50 Noelle: "Woo this is awesome!" I remember getting down and crossing that finish line and just saying "Ah that was awesome! Put me back up to the top, I wanna do it again."
1:01 Noelle: As a mom, I'm telling you, it's hard for me to get through a day if I don't eat breakfast. As an athlete it's all about when do I need to train, when do I need to eat, when do I need to get these things done. And when I became a mom I realized how selfless moms are. Being a mom is my number one priority and that's what I love to do.
1:17 Noelle's Husband: She knows that were a team and that's been a big part of the success that she's had is that we've done it together as a family. We've been there every step of the way.
1:25 Husband: Noelle Pikus-Pace pace is hands down the fastest mom on ice. And I love her.
1:31 Noelle: Going into the 2006 Olympics I was the gold medal favorite. At our Olympic trials I had just finished a training run. I only had a second to look over my shoulder and as I looked I saw a four man bob sled coming towards me.
1:44 [On Screen] Noelle was thrown 30 feet into the air, breaking her leg and ending her shot at the Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games.
1:50 Coach: That was a career ending accident for probably 99% of the athletes.
1:55 Noelle's Dad: It could have made her or break her. But she doesn't let the world get her down.
2:00 Noelle: When you have an obstacle or a trial you have to reassess where you're at and there's always a way I think and I've seen that in my sport and I've also seen that in my life.
2:11 [On Screen] One year later, Noelle came back to win the World Championship by the largest margin in the history of the sport. (Kellogg's logo, US Olympic logo)
2:16 Noelle: I have the greatest family the greatest support system; family, friends, neighbors, all right by my side, so when I'm at that starting line, I don't feel like I'm there by myself. Even though it's just me at that line it's a whole team behind me and that's pretty incredible.
2:31 [On Screen] from great starts
2:34 [On Screen] come great things
2:36 [On Screen] Kellogg's logo, US Olympics logo, Proud Sponsor
2:37 [On Screen] Share this video to give breakfast to a kid in need. #GreaetStartsNoelle
To find out more: www.Kelloggs.com/teamusa
Give a Great Start Logo
For each "Great Start" consumers activate, Kellogg will donate $0.27, up to $540,000, to Action for Healthy Kids to help increase participation in new or expanded school breakfast programs resulting in a projected 2,000,000 million additional breakfasts served if the maximum donation is reached.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:53 Playing Forwardby KelloggsUS13,064 views
- 2:41 Share What You Loveby KelloggsUS2,767 views
- 2:30 Destinyby KelloggsUS6,962 views
- 2:38 Live Itby KelloggsUS7,571 views
- 7:18 Meryl Davis & Charlie White - Free Dance 'Sheherezade' (High Quality)by Brau Avitia11,425 views
- 7:54 2013 GPF Davis White FD ESP2by frida3408,162 views
- 6:49 How They Train: Skeleton Racingby TIME126,470 views
- 13:15 Worlds scariest+fastest rides and rollercoastersby Roller Coasters1,185,711 views
- 6:32 Davis & White - World 2013 - SDby Hitadely Hitadely16,696 views
- 57:27 FIBT | 2-Man Bobsleigh World Cup 2013/2014 - Park City Heat 2by Bobsleigh and Skeleton TV720 views
- 56:03 FIBT | 2-Man Bobsleigh World Cup 2013/2014 - Park City Heat 1by Bobsleigh and Skeleton TV625 views
- 55:06 FIBT | 4-Man Bobsleigh World Cup 2013/2014 - Park City Heat 1by Bobsleigh and Skeleton TV478 views
- 53:32 FIBT | Women's Skeleton World Cup 2013/2014 - Park City Heat 1by Bobsleigh and Skeleton TV398 views
- 58:51 FIBT | Women's Skeleton World Cup 2013/2014 - Park City Heat 2by Bobsleigh and Skeleton TV397 views
- 52:12 FIBT | Men's Skeleton World Cup 2013/2014 - Park City Heat 1by Bobsleigh and Skeleton TV400 views
- 8:17 2013 Worlds Yuna Kim FS Les Miserables (CBC)by dearmine1282,656 views
- 8:11 16x9 - Cool Runnings: Truth Behind Original Jamaican Bobsled Teamby 16x9onglobal91,350 views
- 7:24 Davis & White - World 2013 - FDby Hitadely Hitadely55,090 views
- 3:04 Davis & White - World 2013 - Galaby Hitadely Hitadely10,226 views
- 7:55 ♥Yuna kim Practice reports-2013 World Figure Skating Championshipsby dyne9155,783 views
- Loading more suggestions...