Paul Ryan Expresses Disappointment At President's Irresponsible Lack of Leadership
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 13, 2011
Statement from House Budget Committee Paul Ryan: http://budget.house.gov/News/Document...
To learn more: http://budget.house.gov/fy2012budget/
I'm very disappointed in the president. I was excited when we got invited to attend his speech today. I thought the President's invitation to Mr. Camp, Mr. Hensarling and myself was an olive branch. Instead, what we got was a speech that was excessively partisan, dramatically inaccurate, and hopelessly inadequate to addressing our countries pressing fiscal challenges.
What we heard today was not fiscal leadership from our commander-in-chief. What we heard today was a political broadside from our campaigner-in chief.
I guess it's no coincidence that last week when the President launched his billion dollar re-election campaign was the week we launched our effort to try and get this debt and deficit under control and get our economy growing.
Last year, in the absence of a serious budget, the President created a Fiscal Commission. Then with his budget he disavowed his Fiscal commission. He ignored all of its recommendations. Now he wants to delegate leadership yet again to a new commission. How are we to expect different results? And the measurements of results of this new commission are lower than the measurements of success of the last commission that ended a few months ago.
We need leadership. We don't need a doubling down on the failed politics of the past.
This is very sad and very unfortunate. Rather than building bridges, he's poisoning wells. By failing seriously to confront the most predictable economic crisis in our history, the President's policies are committing us and our children to a diminished future.
We're looking for bipartisan solutions not partisan rhetoric. When the President is ready to get serious about it, we're going to be here working.
Exploiting people's emotions of fear, envy, and anxiety is not hope; it's not change. It's partisanship. We don't need partisanship. We don't need demagoguery. We need solutions. And we don't need to keep punting to other people to make tough decisions. If we don't make tough decisions today, our children will have to make much, much tougher decisions tomorrow.
So I am sincerely disappointed that the President had a moment when we were putting ideas on the table, trying to engage in a thoughtful dialogue to fix this country's economic and fiscal problems, decides to pour on the campaign rhetoric, launch his re-election, and pass partisan broadsides against us, making it that much harder for the two parties to come together with mutual respect of one another to get things done.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:18 President Obama Attacks Ryan Budget In Speech But...by The Young Turks Featured 40,155
- 14:45 Paul Ryan previews FY2012 budget, pushes back on political attacksby HouseBudgetCommittee20,128 views
- 13:30 Paul Ryan on Meet the Press: We Need a Clean Break from the Politics of the Pastby HouseBudgetCommittee10,158 views
- 3:28 Paul Ryan Challenges Criticsby HouseBudgetCommittee8,800 views
- 4:22 Paul Ryan: Our Generation's Defining Momentby HouseBudgetCommittee13,995 views
- 2:30 The President's $8 Billion Coincidenceby John Anthony21,172 views
- 2:13 "Get The People Out of There" - Michio Kaku on Level 7 Nuclear Crisis in Japanby 587846776,757 views
- 1:30:51 Full VP Debate - Joe Biden and Paul Ryan - Vice Presidential Debate Fullby WSJDigitalNetwork25,249 views
- 3:37 Paul Ryan attempts an adult conversation on debt & entitlement reformby RepPaulRyan614,146 views
- 2:53 Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) To Obama: "You're Not Listening" To The People!by Greg Hengler133,723 views
- 5:12 Obama Rips Romney in Final Debate - The Best Linesby The Young Turks206,780 views
- 4:39 Reagan Warned Us About Obamaby Calvin King5,719,715 views
- 2:54 Rep. Paul Ryan: Obama Wanted to Paint GOP in a "Cartoonish" Kind of Wayby FoxNewsInsider757 views
- 57:09 True Outspeak Olavo de Carvalho 13 04 2011by Jeferson Leal373 views
- 4:06 GOP Rep. Paul Ryan Tears Down the ObamaCare Fiscal House of Cardsby FreedomsLighthouse26,965 views
- 2:50 Paul Ryan Takes Chris Matthews "To School" On Deficits and Taxesby FirstPatriots492,771 views
- 5:33 IRS Hearings - Paul Ryan Nails it !!!!!by David Anton41,897 views
- 2:13 Ouch! Watch Rep. Paul Ryan Spank Former Obama Advisor Austan Goolsbeeby jim hoft195,490 views
- 4:17 Paul Ryan Reviews Mitt Romney's Failed Bid For President in 2012 Electionby ABC News49,201 views
- 14:52 Romney & Ryan: The first interviewby CBSNewsOnline87,254 views
- Loading more suggestions...