4001 post-its for Steve Jobs
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 16, 2011
Check out all our videos and portaits at http://www.postitartcreators.com
400 m tape
+ 200 people
Thanks for over 170k views and all the media response!! You can see all outer other artworks and videos here
4001 post-its to honor Steve Jobs legacy with a portrait posted outside of the apple store Munich by Michi, Chris, Andreas, Kathi, Richard, Sandra, Jiannis, Fabian, Jenny and many others. Pixels for face by Gerald Schaftner. Steve devoted his life to give us the most powerful devices ever available to an ordinary person. Lets honor him and his legacy by action. This is an call to action! Use these great device to create something valuable, something bigger than yourself.
filmed and edited by Andreas Kopp
- Why did you make a post-it portrait of Steve?
Steve devoted his life to give us the most powerful devices ever available to an ordinary person.
"It's one thing to miss someone, to feel a void when they're gone. It's another to do something with their legacy, to honor them through your actions", Seth Godin said.
We wanted to honor Steve with our action and maybe inspire others to honor Steve with their actions as well.
- Who came up with the idea in the first place?
Christian Mauerer, a 20 year old international business student in Munich, Germany.
- Who made the pixel art?
Gerald Schaftner, a 20 year old from Regensburg
- Who filmed and edited the video?
Andreas Kopp, a 28 year old creative from Munich
- Who is this guy on the ladder?
Michael Lintl, a 21 year old from Regensburg
How long did the planning phase take?
About 1 week from idea to action. Really artists ship, right?
- How long did it take to post?
About 6 hours on a sunny Saturday. Thanks to all the people who wrote a view words on the post-its
- Are the post-its still up?
Yes they are. They will stay on the outside window of Apple Store Munich, until this Thursday. If you are in Munich you can go over there and write something on a post-it yourself.
- How much did the post-its cost?
- What tools/programs did you use?
Preparation: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1
Filming: 1 tripod, a gilf, 2 iphone 4, iMotionHD App for Timelaps every 5 seconds
Editing: iMovie on Macbook Air
- What next?
Post a post-it reply
Standard YouTube License
- 0:39 Steve Jobs jokingly refuses to sign an autograph to man in wheelchair (2006)by EverySteveJobsVideoFeatured 19,453
- 23:00 Steve Jobs rare footage conducting a presentation on 1980 (Insanely Great)by naji1234 536,712 views
- 5:18 Steve Jobs Insult Responseby Mike Cane 2,084,845 views
- 0:07 Steve Jobs Funeralby SIXTY SIX PIXELS 1,200,459 views
- 15:46 Steve Jobs, part 1by CBSNewsOnline 382,000 views
- 19 videos Play all Post-it Warby carlosgustavo
- 5:11 The Lost 1984 Video: young Steve Jobs introduces the Macintoshby macessentials 2,257,720 views
- 0:46 Steve Jobs' Vision of the Worldby gocarlo's channel 719,370 views
- 7:30 Jonathan Ive - Tribute to Steve Jobsby Chaîne de threecubed 356,009 views
- 4:41 AzR - In Dedication: Thank You, Steve (Only Mac Sounds Used) (Feat. on BBC)by AzRmusic 345,379 views
- 6:14 What You Can Learn From Steve Jobsby forbes 174,974 views
- 1:01 Apple Steve Jobs The Crazy Ones - NEVER BEFORE AIRED 1997by S Jackson 2,363,328 views
- 4:15 Steve Jobs Introduces the Apple Store (2001)by vintagemacmuseum 457,325 views
- 3:59 HEY SIRI... WHO'S YOUR DADDY!?!?by Ramsey Mohsen 4,079,020 views
- 1:43 Steve Jobs........One More Thingby Majed A Alghaemdi 510,139 views
- 9:26 Steve Jobs and Bill Gates Together: Part 1by Kenzoki 6,224,020 views
- 3:12 MUNICH APPLE STORE DANCEby Bucket List Boys 135,471 views
- 15:05 Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Addressby Stanford University 17,119,151 views
- 1:59 iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Testby Electronics Break 14,939,398 views
- 3:02 Post-It Loveby Future Shorts 760,727 views
- 2:07 Steve Jobs: We don't ship junkby dvmadeeasy 651,119 views
- Loading more suggestions...