Remy Shand---The Colour of Day (With Lyrics)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 24, 2009
I OWN NOTHING! ALL IMAGES CAME FROM PHOTOBUCKET! ALL MUSIC BELONGS TO REMY SHAND AND MOTOWN RECORDS!
Shand was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba to Doug and Lana Shand. His father was of Scottish/English descent and his mother was of Italian descent. By the age of 12, Shand had learned to play the guitar and acoustic bass. While many people during the 1980s and 1990s were influenced by early hip hop and pop, his father was into soul. According to Shand, his father influenced and exposed Shand to R&B/soul acts including Steely Dan, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Herbie Hancock, The Isley Brothers, Stevie Wonder and Blood, Sweat and Tears.
During his home schooling in Winnipeg, he listened to his parents' R&B, blues and soul albums, spending a lot of time in his basement sampling retro music. Shand's love of funk music made him an outcast. His parents encouraged him to earn his GED, and to work on his music as a project. He also attended Garden City Collegiate for his Grade 11 year of studies.
At the age of 19, Shand sent a demo tape to Steve Warden. Warden then became his manager and helped to find Shand a prominent record deal. Two different labels gave Shand offers for a recording deal but he turned down the offer. Fortunately Universal Music Canada had signed Shand to a record deal with Motown Records in the United States.
Shand began recording and mixing his debut album, The Way I Feel, during the spring of 2001 at his home in Winnipeg, performing and recording the tracks for vocals and every instrument on the album. The album features songs such as "The Colour of the Day" and "I Met Your Mercy", examples of his particular style. Shand was quoted as saying the track "Everlasting" was the blueprint towards the content of The Way I Feel, as it was the oldest track on the album, recorded in 1998.
The Way I Feel was released on March 12, 2002, and Shand won a Juno Award for Best R&B/Soul Recording at the 2003 Juno Awards. The album was successful in Canada and sold roughly 500,000 copies in the United States. Shand received four Grammy nominations for his work
The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the authors observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.
Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself. It does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.
The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.
When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of fair use would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered fair nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "The Colour Of Day" on
- 6:07 Remy Shand---The Mind's Eye (With Lyrics)by Ashanti Dunn22,578 views
- 3:32 Remy Shand---Rocksteady (With Lyrics)by Ashanti Dunn117,579 views
- 2:39 Remy Shand---I Met Your Mercy (With Lyrics)by Ashanti Dunn23,228 views
- 11 videos Play all remyby sashka06
- 3:58 Remy Shand---Take a Message (With Lyrics)by Ashanti Dunn99,836 views
- 4:12 Remy Shand - The Second Oneby RadioJayOnline55,008 views
- 4:53 Remy Shand----Looking Back on Vanity (With Lyrics)by Ashanti Dunn18,220 views
- 16:53 Liette Lib Bourassa - Peintre amateurby Yvon Jean386 views
- 4:22 Remy Shand - Everlastingby RadioJayOnline131,996 views
- 5:04 Remy Shand - The Way I Feelby ladybret57,792 views
- 2:02 Killing Fields - Remy Shand Live 2013by Remy Shand13,438 views
- 4:13 Remy Shand---The Second One (With Lyrics)by Ashanti Dunn5,597 views
- 5:45 Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in The Sky @ 1080p HD Pulse 1994by TheGreatGig PinkFloyd38,208 views
- 3:15 WhereAreWeGoing? - Remy Shand / 2013by Remy Shand43,630 views
- 10:54 Remy Shand - The Mind's Eye (Live Recording)by RadioJayOnline27,018 views
- 4:06 remy shandby remyshand135,082 views
- 4:01 Aram Khachaturyan - Masquerade and Marcel Nino Pajot - paintingsby stef2012bg3,473 views
- 4:45 Remy Shand - Take a message (slowed N chopped)by PhillieD XO29,568 views
- 3:58 CREED-SIX FEET FROM THE EDGEby gamekiller19to215,479,765 views
- 4:35 Flow--Sadeby 24Adrian241,252,294 views