Planet of the Apes 1968 ( FILMING LOCATION VIDEO) Charlton Heston Ending
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 22, 2010
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-...
Planet of the Apes is a 1968 epic science fiction film directed by Franklin J. Schaffner based on the novel La planète des singes by Pierre Boulle. The film stars Charlton Heston and features Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter, veteran Shakespearean actor Maurice Evans, James Whitmore, James Daly and Linda Harrison. The script was originally written by Rod Serling but had many rewrites before eventually being made.
The film was ground-breaking for its prosthetic makeup techniques by artist John Chambers, and was well received by critics and audiences, launching a film franchise, including four sequels, as well as a short lived television show, animated series, comic books, various merchandising, and eventually a remake in 2001. Roddy McDowall, in particular, had a long-running relationship with the Apes series, appearing in the original series of five films (one only via stock footage from an earlier film), and also in the television series.
Most of the early scenes of a desert-like terrain were shot in northern Arizona near the Grand Canyon, the Colorado River, Lake Powell, Glen Canyon and other locations near Page, Arizona
Most scenes of the ape village, interiors and exteriors, were filmed on the Fox Ranch in Malibu Creek State Park, northwest of Los Angeles, essentially the backlot of 20th Century Fox.
The concluding beach scenes were filmed on a stretch of California seacoast between Malibu and Oxnard with cliffs that towered 130 feet above the shore. Reaching the beach on foot was virtually impossible, so cast, crew, film equipment, and even horses had to be lowered in by helicopter.
The remains of the Statue of Liberty were shot in a secluded cove on the far eastern end of Westward Beach, between Zuma Beach and Point Dume in Malibu.
As noted in the documentary Behind the Planet of the Apes,] the special effect shot of the half-buried statue was achieved by seamlessly blending a matte painting with existing cliffs.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:09 Paul Williams Comes from the Planet of the Apes Set on Johnny Carsonby Johnny Carson Featured 128,068
- 1:00:14 Tomb Raider Ascension.mp4by merosansar177,214 views
- Apes Will Rise 26 videos12K
- 3:10 PLANET OF THE APES (1968) ORIGINAL ENDINGby killingmylobster125,799 views
- 13:38 Roddy McDowall's home movies from "Planet Of The Apes" (1968)by William Forsche68,782 views
- 7:35 Exotic Elements vs. Magnet | Cesium and pyrolytic carbon | Part 2/3by brainiac7525,355 views
- 7:01 Rambo Stallone - On The Set Of First Blood : Part1 ( filming location video )by Herve Attia1,213,024 views
- 108 videos Play all MOVIESby MichaelAuthorAllAges
- 9:57 Immortal Part 1 of 10by dragnridr055,166,424 views
- 6:45 - Aun te amo - Scorpions- Un gran amor (by Digo dj)by Digodj471471,023 views
- 10:56 Once Upon a Time In the West ( filming location video ) Ennio Morricone Leone Fonda Bronsonby Herve Attia262,540 views
- 2:51:03 El Cid Charlton Heston Sophia Loren, Spanishby CarlosFederico Rangel13,100 views
- 7:57 Dances with Wolves 1990 PART 1 ( filming location video ) Kevin Costnerby Herve Attia116,441 views
- 0:39 rare, controversial footage... delted from Planet of the Apes (1968).movby quickwatson17,052 views
- 10:01 THE SHINING ( filming video location ) Kubrick Jack Nicholsonby Herve Attia77,064 views
- 9:11 Superman 1978 ( filming location video) Christopher Reeve Tributeby Herve Attia111,397 views
- 1:39 Famous TV and Movie Housesby july42020116,911 views
- 11:00 For a Few Dollars More ( FILMING LOCATION VIDEO) Eastwood Sergio Leone Ennio Morricone theme songby Herve Attia155,689 views
- 3:02 Charlton Heston in Space; "Does Man...Still Make War against His Brother?" Planet of the Apes (1968)by jbranstetter04155,885 views
- 9:14 Jaws filming locationsby franclin050,854 views