Christopher Hitchens on Hannity & Colmes about Rev. Falwell's Death
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 17, 2007
Christopher Hitchens along with Ralph Reed participate in a debate on the legacy of the Reverend Jerry Falwell. This was recorded from the Hannity and Colmes show of 16-May-2007. UPDATE: December 16, 2011 - The influential writer and cultural critic Christopher Hitchens died on Thursday at the age of 62 from complications of cancer of the esophagus. For years, Hitchens had toured the country debating religious figures about his utter disbelief in the existence of a God. He didn't waver in the face of his inability to treat his disease. To the very end, whatever the argument joined, Hitchens' voice was an original. He is survived by his wife, the writer Carol Blue, and three children. Alexander, Sophia and Antonia. (from: http://www.npr.org/2011/12/16/1435958...)
Link to all of Christopher Hitchens work as a writer/columnist at Slate: http://www.slate.com/?id=3944&...
More information about Christopher Hitchens (from Wikipedia @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christop...
Christopher Eric Hitchens (born April 13, 1949, in Portsmouth, England) is an Anglo-American author, journalist and literary critic. Currently living in Washington, D.C., he has been a columnist at Vanity Fair, The Nation, Slate and Free Inquiry; additionally, he is an occasional contributor to other publications and has appeared regularly in the Wall Street Journal. His brother is British journalist Peter Hitchens.
Hitchens is known for his iconoclasm, anti-clericalism, atheism, antitheism, anti-fascism and anti-monarchism. He is also noted for his acerbic wit and his noisy departure from the Anglo-American political left. He was formerly a Trotskyist and a fixture in the left wing publications of Britain and America. But a series of disagreements beginning in the early 1990s led to his resignation from The Nation shortly after the September 11, 2001, attacks. He is also known for his ardent admiration of George Orwell and Thomas Jefferson, and his iconoclastic criticism of Mother Teresa.
While Hitchens' idiosyncratic ideas and positions preclude easy classification, he is a vociferous critic of what he describes as "fascism with an Islamic face," and his critics have been known to describe him as a "neoconservative". Hitchens, however, refuses to embrace this designation. In 2004, Hitchens stated that neoconservative support for US intervention in Bosnia and Iraq convinced him that he was "on the same side as the neo-conservatives" when it came to contemporary foreign policy issues. He has also been known to refer to his association with "temporary neocon allies".
Hitchens no longer considers himself a Trotskyist or a socialist; yet he maintains that his political views have not changed significantly. He points out that, throughout his career, he has been both an atheist and an antitheist, and that he has always remained a believer in the Enlightenment values of secularism, humanism and reason. Hitchens has launched a detailed attack on Religion in his book god Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything. He has also stated that, while he "was very much in rebellion against the state" during his youth, he is now "much more inclined to stress... issues of individual liberty."
Hitchens became a United States citizen on his fifty-eighth birthday, April 13, 2007.
Please let me know if you like the Christopher Hitchens videos. Thanks!
Standard YouTube License
- 6:05 Fox "News" Classic: Hitchens On Hannityby C0ct0pusPrimeFeatured 97,416
- 5:22 Christopher Hitchens on Jerry Falwellby tylerthepirate 273,696 views
- 9:57 Christopher Hitchens on homosexualityby Thraxfan54 925,173 views
- 5:09 Christopher Hitchens on Billy Graham, $cientology and religious hypocrisyby fred26er 440,344 views
- 4:28 Ingraham and Hitchens Go Toe to Toeby politicalzone 450,017 views
- 9:50 Bill Maher & Christopher Hitchens & Whoopi Goldberg | Communism, Socialism and Capitalism. (2)by AmetReloads 180,900 views
- 2:48 Hitchens Destroys the Cult of Ayn Randby DefenceSpeech 671,282 views
- 6:52 Christopher Hitchens on Hardballby kaytheliberal 236,118 views
- 4:56 Christopher Hitchens on Islamby GlobalCop 1,028,393 views
- 8:13 Christopher Hitchens, God And Cancer.by FFreeThinker2 126,701 views
- 9:11 My Favourite Hitchens Momentby Coughlan000 445,770 views
- 8:37 Hitchens PWNS (Atheist vs Pastor)by C0ct0pusPrime 867,287 views
- 7 videos Play all Divine impulses: Christopher Hitchensby hitchenschannel
- 6:36 Mos Def vs. Christopher Hitchens on nuclear weaponsby ILLigitt 682,065 views
- The Christopher Hitchens Youtube Channel 115 videos32K
- 9:49 When Hitchens Gets Furiousby FFreeThinker2 1,257,830 views
- 8:55 The End of Christian Americaby FreeRefugee 160,799 views
- 2:11:52 Turek vs Hitchens Debate: Does God Exist?by Frank Turek 216,713 views
- 2:33 Richard Dawkins destroys muslim on moralityby FluffyAthiest 851,055 views
- 2:02:14 Hitchens v Hitchens - Brothers Debate God & Warby Adam Bradway 148,101 views
- 1:48:04 The God Debate: Hitchens vs. D'Souzaby NDdotEDU 583,733 views
- 10:22 Hitchens vs God (god loses by the way)by Ultra Noctem 592,497 views
- Loading more suggestions...