Spock Dies SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HD
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 9, 2011
Captain Spock (Leonard Nimoy) gives the ultimate sacrifice for his friends.
TM & © Paramount (2011)
Buy Movie: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UT...
Scene: Spock Dies - http://movieclips.com/vkxUE-star-trek...
Movie Details: Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982) - http://movieclips.com/Aqbp-star-trek-...
Cast: James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner
Director: Nicholas Meyer
Producer: Harve Bennett, Robert Sallin, William F. Phillips
Screenwriter: Gene Roddenberry, Harve Bennett, Jack B. Sowards, Nicholas Meyer, Samuel A. Peeples
Film Description: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is a 1982 American science fiction film released by Paramount Pictures. The film is the second feature based on the Star Trek science fiction franchise. The plot features James T. Kirk (William Shatner) and the crew of the starship USS Enterprise facing off against the genetically-engineered tyrant Khan Noonien Singh (Ricardo Montalbán), a character who first appeared in the 1967 Star Trek television series episode "Space Seed". When Khan escapes from a 15-year exile to exact revenge on Kirk, the crew of the Enterprise must stop him from acquiring a powerful terraforming device named Genesis. The film concludes with the death of Enterprise crewmember Spock (Leonard Nimoy), beginning a story arc that continues through 1986's Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
After the lackluster critical and commercial response to Star Trek: The Motion Picture, series creator Gene Roddenberry was forced out of the sequel's production. Executive producer Harve Bennett wrote the film's original outline, which Jack B. Sowards developed into a full script. Director Nicholas Meyer completed the final script in 12 days, without accepting a writing credit. Meyer's approach evoked the swashbuckling atmosphere of the original series, and the theme was reinforced by James Horner's musical score. Leonard Nimoy only reprised his role as Spock because the character's death was intended to be irrevocable. Negative test audience reaction to Spock's death led to significant revisions of the ending over Meyer's objections. The production used various cost-cutting techniques to keep within budget, including utilizing miniatures from past projects and re-using effects footage and costumes from the previous movie. Among the film's technical achievements is the first complete feature film sequence created entirely with computer-generated graphics.
The Wrath of Khan was released in North America on June 4, 1982. It was a box office success, earning US$97 million worldwide and setting a world record for first-day box office gross. Critical reaction to the film was positive; reviewers highlighted Khan, the film's pacing and the character interactions as strong elements. Negative reaction focused on weak special effects and some of the acting. The Wrath of Khan is generally considered one of the best films of the Star Trek series and is credited with creating renewed interest in the franchise.
Plot: The film opens with the Vulcan Lieutenant Saavik in command of the starship USS Enterprise. The vessel is on a rescue mission to save the crew of a damaged ship in the Neutral Zone along the border with Klingon space when it is attacked by Klingon cruisers and critically damaged. The "attack" is revealed to be a training exercise known as the "Kobayashi Maru"; a no-win scenario designed to test the character of Starfleet officers. Admiral James T. Kirk oversees the simulator session of Captain Spock's trainees.
The USS Reliant is on a mission to search for a lifeless planet for testing of the Genesis Device, a torpedo that reorganizes matter to create habitable worlds for colonization. Reliant officers Commander Pavel Chekov and Captain Clark Terrell beam down to the surface of a possible candidate planet, Ceti Alpha VI, where they are captured by genetically engineered tyrant Khan Noonien Singh. The Enterprise discovered Khan's ship adrift in space fifteen years previously; Kirk exiled Khan and his fellow supermen from 20th century Earth to Ceti Alpha V. Khan reveals that after they were marooned, Ceti Alpha VI exploded, destroying Ceti Alpha V's ecosystem and shifting its orbit. Khan blames Kirk for the death of his wife and plans to avenge her. He implants Chekov and Terrell with indigenous, mind-controlling eels that enter the ears of their victims and uses the officers to gain control of the Reliant. Learning of the existence of Genesis, Khan attacks Space Station Regula I where the device is being developed by Kirk's former lover, Dr. Carol Marcus, and their son, David.
The Enterprise embarks on a training voyage under the command of Spock. Kirk takes command of the Enterprise after the ship receives a distress call from Regula I. En route, the Enterprise...
Standard YouTube License
- 8:46 Top 10 Star Trek Villainsby WatchMojo.com Featured 171,358
- 2:34 Spock's Funeral SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby movieclips153,720 views
- 2:43 Khan, You Bloodsucker SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby movieclips98,587 views
- 2:35 Spock Dies - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (6/8) Movie CLIP (1982) HDby movieclips55,613 views
- 2:24 Khan's Last Breath SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby movieclips113,424 views
- 8:54 Star Trek III Stealing Enterpriseby Haggard36322,994 views
- 6:24 25 Greatest Unscripted Scenes in Filmsby mewlists11,478,946 views
- 9:40 Wrath of Khan - Reliant attacks Enterpriseby michael leo248,429 views
- 13:20 A Farewell - DeForest Kelly - A Tributeby Maikel Akkerermans185,552 views
- 8 videos Play all Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982) - Movieby movieclipsFILMS
- 15:49 Leonard Nimoy does a William Shatner Impression on Hero Complex: The Show - Part 2by Nerdist388,724 views
- 6:46 "Escape of Khan" - Launch of the Botany Bayby VideoSpaceFX167,080 views
- 12:15 Reflections on Spockby AstonisherVision4,396 views
- 5:47 Spock's Death and Funeralby Derek Schieble328,982 views
- 14:40 Spock Quotesby BeckyTheTrekky69,593 views
- 7:36 Funny Spock lines and Moments From Season 1by Pelagia91180,241 views
- 4:01 Star Trek: Into Darkness - Kirk and Spock Emotional Sceneby BlackWoodsMovies353,197 views
- 20:43 Wrath of Khan - Mutara Nebula Battleby michael leo28,065 views
- 4:31 Star Trek IV Bloopersby Mr. Awesomesauce865,294 views
- 4:12 STAR TREK BLOOPERS 1960`sby rodday2,503,647 views