Just Play: "Twinkle" PSA Campaign for NAMM 2013 and NAMM Foundation
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 28, 2013
The NAMM Foundation unveils its new public service announcement campaign, "Just Play."
This spot will debut in a national multi-media campaign starting in March 2013. It will include ads for television, radio, billboards, bus shelters, airports, malls and anywhere one can hear, think about or play music.
"Just Play" encourages Americans to let go of the excuses that keep them from learning to play a musical instrument, be it age, time, ability or access, and derives from a Gallup Poll that revealed 85 percent of Americans who do not play a musical instrument wish that they did.
Featuring amateur musicians age 4 to 101, the commercial opens with a child's one-fingered version of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," and builds as people of all ages join together, layering on different interpretations of the classic. Showcasing the accessibility of and ease with which one can learn to play music, the spot ends with a compelling imperative to just play.
The "Just Play" campaign underscores NAMM's year-round initiatives designed to create more active music makers, including scientific research on the benefits of making music, publicizing musical success stories from everyday music makers, and inspiring ways in which music makes people's lives better.
NAMM Members can request a high-resolution, downloadable version to play in stores from the NAMM membership department.
To learn more about the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) and the NAMM Foundation, please visit NAMM.org, NAMMFoundation.org.
NAMM envisions a world in which the joy of making music is a precious element of daily living for everyone; a world in which every child has a deep desire to learn music and a recognized right to be taught; and in which every adult is a passionate champion and defender of that right.
Spot produced in collaboration with M Creative - http://m-creative.tv/
Follow NAMM on facebook.com/nammorg and twitter.com/namm
Standard YouTube License
Next in 2013 NAMM Foundation PSA Campaign Just PLAY
- 1:21 Best 2012 Ads Featuring Music Making - NAMM Nomineesby NAMM1,360 views
- 4:17 NAMM Oral History Series - Legendary DJ Afrika Bambaataa interview (2012)by NAMM1,367 views
- 0:55 Chad Smith and Bernie Williams play with the Sheperdstown (WV) Middle School Jazz Bandby NAMM440 views
- 13:39 Kamelhof (Multimediaschau für Kinder)by Timo Roller6,109 views
- 13:04 Daniel Gilbert - Learning Techniquesby JamPlayDotCom6,665 views
- 8:14 World's Best Guitar Player Unbelievableby Ahmar Ali3,864,743 views
- 47:39 Winter NAMM 2012 - Sabian Live - Tony Royster Jr.by Kalib Sumter68,952 views
- 5:11 Dan Grigor Plays the $110,000 Martin D-100 guitar at NAMM 2010by ver2oso602,720 views
- 7 videos Play all Best Practice Video Competition: Winning Entriesby CYCCNetwork
- 6:43 SWIRLING(Yellow & Black Custom Guitar)by MrDean20055,343,313 views
- 3:29 North Korea children playing the guitar. Creepy as hell.by thehypnoguy118,531,523 views
- 16:25 Dean Guitars : NAMM 2013by The Tone King44,774 views
- 6:51 How to play chords on your Bassby Matthias Deisenroth105,825 views
- 5:14 Nobody From Nowhere - Jimmy Buffettby MargaritavilleTx117,886 views
- 7:32 NAMM Show Day 1 Anaheim 10/24/2013 Brian Wilson Performanceby musicworthbuying317 views
- 5:12 William Joseph "Apasionada"by SilberLLL4,976 views
- 11:09 NAMM '12 - Fishman Triple Play Guitar Controller Demoby Premier Guitar26,710 views
- 7:59 JACKSON Guitars : NAMM 2013 : Custom Shop & Complete Walk-Thruby The Tone King37,351 views
- 5:59 NAMM 2013 | American DJ Programmed Light Show| idjnowby IDJNOW17,661 views