MOHAMMAD RAFI & ASHA BHOSLE - AULAD WALO - EK PHOOL DO MALI 1969
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 17, 2009
NOTE :- ALL COPY RIGHTS VEST WITH ITS TRUE OWNER..NO COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS OR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ARE INTENDED. ...NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE .. LOADED FOR FUN & ENJOYMENT.
SINGER:MOHAMMAD RAFI & ASHA BHOSLE
FILM:EK PHOOL DO MALI
Ek Phool Do Mali is a 1969 Indian Bollywood film directed by Devendra Goel. The film took the third top spot at the box office in 1969. Balraj Sahni earned a Filmfare nomination as Best Supporting Actor.The film stars Sadhana,Sanjay Khan and Balraj Sahni.The music was given by Ravi and lyrics were written by Prem Dhawan.
Balraj Sahni May( 1 1913 April 13 1973 ) was a famous Hindi film actor. His real name was Yudhishthir Sahni . He belonged to a Punjabi Khatri family from Bhera now in Punjab, Pakistan.Sahni went from his native Rawalpindi to study at Harvard. He completed his Masters degree in English Literature from Lahore and then went back to Rawalpindi and joined his family business. He also held a Bachelor's degree in Hindi, followed by a Masters in English from Punjab University . Soon after, he married Damayanti Sahni.
In the late 1930s, Sahni and his wife left Rawalpindi to join Tagore's Shantiniketan in Bengal as an English and Hindi teacher. It is here that thier son, Parikshit Sahni was born, when his wife Damayanti was doing her Bachelors degree . He also went to work with Mahatma Gandhi for a year in 1938. The next year, Sahni, with Gandhi's blessings, went to England to join the BBC-London's Hindi service as a radio announcer.
He returned to India in 1943.Sahni was always interested in acting, and started his acting career with the plays of the Indian People's Theatre Association . He started his film career in Mumbai with the film Insaaf (1946), followed by Dharti Ke Lal directed by KA Abbas in 1946, Door Chaleinin 1946, and other films. But it was in 1953, with Bimal Roy's classic Do Bigha Zameen, that his true forte as an actor was first recognised. The film won the international prize at the Cannes Film Festival.He followed it up with an encore in the 1911 classic Kabuliwala penned by Tagore.
Sahni's wife Damayanti died at a young age in 1947, who was the heroine of his film, Gudiya (1947) and two years later he married his first cousin, Santosh Chandhok, later known as an author and television writer.
Sahni's acting was very well liked and appreciated in all his films. He acted opposite top heroines like Nutan, Meena Kumari, Vyjayantimala, and Nargis in films like Seema (1955), Sone Ki Chidiya (1958), Satta Bazaar (1959), Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan (1961), Kathputli (1957), Lajwanti (1958) & Ghar Sansaar (1958). However, he is perhaps best remembered by the current generation for the picturization of the legendary song Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen from the movie Waqt (1965) on him. Sahni appeared opposite Achala Sachdev in the number,his famos hindi roles in Ek Phool Do Mali 1969 and Do Raaste in the same year
He also starred in the classic Punjabi film Nanak Dukhiya Sub Sansar (1970) as well as the critically acclaimed Satluj de kande.Sahni was a gifted writer, his early writings were in English, though later in life he switched to Punjabi, and became a writer of repute in Punjabi literature. In 1960, after a visit to Pakistan, he wrote Mera Pakistani Safar. His book Mera Rusi Safarnama, which he had written after a tour of the erstwhile Soviet Union in 1969, earned him the 'Soviet Land Nehru Award'. He contributed many poems and short stories in magazines and also penned his autobiography, Meri Filmi Aatmakatha.
Sahni was an extremely well read and politically conscious person. He was one of the founding fathers of the IPTA (Indian People's Theatre Association) movement and known for his leftist leanings. Sahni also dabbled in screenwriting; he wrote the 1951 movie Baazi which starred Dev Anand and was directed by Guru Dutt. He was also a recipient of the Padma Shri Award (1969). Balraj Sahni also wrote in Punjabi and contributed to the Punjabi magazine Preetlari .
Sahni was undoubtedly one of the greatest actors ever to come on the Indian screen: a highly natural actor who reminded the audience of the actors like Motilal because of his simple persona and a sophisticated style of acting. He was looked up to as a role model as he was never involved in any scandal. His acting in Do Bigha Zameen and Garam Hawa were the highlights of his career. He believed in what is known as 'Neo-Realistic' cinema.Balraj's brother Bhisham Sahni was a well-known writer who wrote the book Tamas. His son Parikshat Sahni is also an actor.
Balraj Sahni died on 13 April 1973, of a massive cardiac arrest at the age of 59. He had been depressed for some time by the untimely death of his young daughter, Shabnam.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Aulad Walon" on
- 3:49 Jaoon Kahan Bata Aye Dil - Bollywood Superhit Romantic Song - Chhoti Bahen - Balraj Sahani, Nandaby Rajshri Featured 122,211
- 2:37:03 Ek Phool Do Mali (1969) Super Hit Movie Staring Sanjay Khan ,Sadhna with Balraj Sahni.....by SandeshMovies262,890 views
- 2:19:03 Aulad (1987) full movie starcast Jeetendra ,Shri Devi ,Jaya Parda.by sandeshdulhera53,021 views
- 3:13 new punjabi song BALRAJ DHILON vs BAPU GANDHIby Bakshi Singh67,829 views
- 4:51 GARIBO KI SUNO WO TUMHARI SUNEGABY MOHD.RAFI &OTHERS,M.DRAVI-DUS LAKH-1966by TheAnupam197977,721 views
- 42:13 Best of Mohammad Rafi Songs Vol 2 | Mohd. Rafi Top 10 Hit Songs | Old Hindi Songsby SongsOfIndianCinema265,825 views
- 3:06 MANNA DEY - TUJHE SURAJ KAHOON YA CHANDA - EK PHOOL DO MALI 1969by Shaam44532,652 views
- 140 videos Play all health IIby ludba100
- 2:17:40 Hindi Horor Movie 1920by Towhid Hossain227,751 views
- 2:24:39 Umrao Jaan (1981) Full Movie w/Eng Subs (SQ)by birbaldesi1,298,788 views
- 47:28 Mughal E Azam - All Songs - Dilip Kumar - Madhubala - Lata Mangeshkar - Mohd Rafi-Prithviraj Kapoorby Filmi Gaane271,367 views
- 2:46 Sayan Le gaye Jia... (Ek Phool Do Mali)by IMIRZA777804,570 views
- 2:02:39 Mohammed Rafi and Lata Mangeshkar Songs - Part 2/3 (HQ)by Bolly Hitter796,122 views
- 4:03 EK PHOOL DO MALI [H. R. JOTHIPALA ]by Wijayananda Ranasinghe83,155 views
- 1:44:57 Kishore Kumar And Asha Bhosle Songs (HQ)by Bolly Hitter273,234 views
- 1:23:54 Best of Mohammad Rafi Songs - Part 1 - Mohd. Rafi Top 20 Hit Songsby Filmi Gaane1,263,571 views
- 51:42 Best Of Asha Bhosle - Best Bollywood Songs - Jukebox | Asha Bhosle Superhit Songsby SongsOfIndianCinema148,348 views
- 7:40 dil kya cheez hai- Asha Bhosle Liveby kjaan512,278 views
- 3:46 ye parda hatadoby chattroh233,606 views
- 5:34 "O DUNIYA KE RAKHWALE"BY MOHD.RAFI,M.D:NAUSHAD-"BAIJU BAWARA"by amitajai280,773 views