Comparing PEX Connections
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 27, 2012
There are 6 types of Pex Connections sold on PexSupply.com. They all use different tools and different fittings, but every tool and fitting sold at Pexsupply.com is High Quality and will result in a secure, reliable connection every time.
The crimp method works with crimp fittings, copper rings and a tool with an interchangeable head for specific size fittings. The Crimp system provides an inexpensive way to make a secure connection and can be used with Standard PEX, but does not work with PEX-AL-PEX..
The clamping method is popular because the clamp connections are easy to make and the Heavy Duty Clamp Tool is reasonably priced, making it a great choice for many DIYers. With this system, you only need to clamp the tab rather than the entire fitting, which allows you to use just one tool with one size head for all connections. For different size connections, only the size of the rings and fittings changes.
The expansion system works with expansion rings and expansion fittings made specifically for this system. This connection system is the most common system used by contractors. The tool requires a greater initial investment, but it is easiest to use and requires less manual labor than the other tools. The expansion system only works with PEX-a tubing.
The press method uses press fittings with sleeves already attached and you will need to use different press tools correspond with the size of your fittings and tubing. The tools can be purchased separately or in a kit with all necessary sizes.
If your job requires only a few connections or you are doing a small repair Shark Bite will likely be your fitting system choice, as it is extremely easy to use as there are no tools required, however the fittings are more expensive per piece than the other systems.
The compression method works with a 3-piece compression fitting and requires no tool. The completed connections have threaded ends that make it easy to connect your PEX tubing to a manifold.
For more information on connection systems, tools and fittings, visit our website, www.pexsupply.com, or email us with any questions.
Music by Incompetech http://incompetech.com/
Song - "Plain Loafer" ISRC: US-UAN-11-00111
Licensed under Creative Commons 3.0
Standard YouTube License
- 10:20 9 7 11 PEX Copper Crimp Lesson...by CORVAIRWILD Featured 2,184
- 1:59 Connecting PEX Tubing to Copper Pipeby PexSupply.com155,112 views
- 3:16 Uponor PEX-a Tubing & ProPEX Connectionsby PexSupply.com12,684 views
- 1:34 Rifeng PEX-AL-PEXby PexSupply.com10,724 views
- 2:28 How To Shop for PEX Tubingby PexSupply.com26,351 views
- 7:57 Understanding Water Distribution Systemsby doitbest38,762 views
- 4:00 Old plumber shows how installing a hot water manifold can save you money.by TheOldkid88853,156 views
- 16:12 Different types of pex pipe; the cost, the tools required and applications of and advantages.Tipsby TheOldkid888109,093 views
- 6:22 6 Peoples Reactions to the CRAZY 900hp 3Dx Evoby 1320video14,459,855 views
- 3:08 SharkBite Fittings - How to Use SharkBite Fittings and Plumbing Connections (AUS)by SharkBitePlumbing101,305 views
- 9:38 How to join pex (plastic pipe) five different ways. Plumbing Tips!by TheOldkid88895,016 views
- 5:47 Impossible Dovetailby Jack Houweling899,659 views
- 9:32 how to run pex tubing lines part 1by doublewide644,442 views
- 6:37 How to use sharkbite fittings for easy fix. Plumbing Tips!by TheOldkid888271,274 views
- 4:51 Overview of PEX plumbing in the homeby netman8835,593 views
- 17:41 How to Install Pex Pipe Waterlines in Your Home. Part 2. Plumbing Tips!by TheOldkid88895,894 views
- 20:49 How to Install Pex Pipe Waterlines in Your Home. Part 3 Plumbing Tips!by TheOldkid88840,398 views
- 23:57 How To Install A Fiberglass Showerby HouseImprovements20,004 views
- 5:04 The Art of Soldering (How to Solder Copper)by thomtraphagen453,492 views
- 4:51 ProPEX Expanderby Steve Maxwell49,713 views
- Loading more suggestions...