This video is unavailable.
How to Make Sushi
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 19, 2007
Watch more Introduction to Sushi Making videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/209-Int...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Master the art of sushi making so you can roll it out in your own home.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Slice fish
With a very sharp knife, slice the trimmed fish slab into individual portions so each piece is a rectangle approximately 2-inches long and ¼-inch thick.
To make things easier, cut all your fish at one time, but keep the pieces cold until you use them —put them on a plate and keep it in the refrigerator or on top of some ice.
Step 2: Roll rice into ball
Moisten your hands with water from your bowl, and scoop an ounce of sushi rice—about the amount that will fit into your palm—and roll it into a ball.
Step 3: Shape rice ball
Shape the rice ball into an oblong by squeezing it with firm but gentle pressure.
Your rice should be about the same size as your cut piece of fish.
Step 4: Dab wasabi on fish
Pick up a piece of sliced fish. While palming the shaped rice, scoop up a tiny amount of wasabi with your index finger and gently dab it onto the middle of the fish.
Step 5: Press rice against fish
Press the shaped rice against the fish and gently but firmly cup the two together until they adhere.
Step 6: Squeeze together
Firmly squeeze the sushi together until the fish and rice become one. Tap with your right index finger as you go to create a uniform shape.
Step 7: Continue process
Place the finished sushi on a serving plate or sushi board, and continue making pieces until all the fish is used.
Step 8: Garnish plate
Garnish the plate with a mound of Japanese pickled ginger and a smaller mound of wasabi. Pour some soy sauce into a small dish and get ready to dunk.
Did You Know?
Real wasabi is notoriously expensive, so most sushi restaurants just use a mixture of horseradish, mustard powders, and food coloring.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:15 Hosomaki Sushi Rolling Technique MUSIC VIDEOby SushiNowFeatured 215,185
- 3:57 How To Make an Inside Out California Rollby Howcast 1,596,828 views
- 3:00 How To Make Hand Roll Sushiby Howcast 592,071 views
- 60 videos Play all How to make sushiby Ballicanbe
- How to Make Sushi 56 videos4K
- 4:08 How To Eat Sushi At a Restaurantby Howcast 806,779 views
- 3:03 How To Make Sushi Riceby Howcast 700,326 views
- 8:52 How To Make Sushi - Spicy Tuna Sushi Rollsby TheJapanfoodchannel 336,576 views
- 4:48 Sushi - How to Make a Tiger Rollby MonkeySee 824,410 views
- 3:25 Sushi - How to Make a California Rollby MonkeySee 420,792 views
- 4:31 How To Make Sushi - California Rollsby TheJapanfoodchannel 48,634 views
- 7:01 How To Make Alaskan Sushi Rollsby TheJapanfoodchannel 340,214 views
- 2:05 Shinjuku Sushi Masterby bunnyish 478,178 views
- 6:18 Kikkoman Sushi Techniqueby KikkomanUSA 490,909 views
- 2:39 How to Prepare Perfect Sushi Riceby About 125,914 views
- 1:36 How To Make Salmon Nigiriby VideojugFoodAndDrink 198,225 views
- 9:59 How to make Sushi Rice, The Proper Way. www.Sushivids.comby vraymond02 216,628 views
- 9:07 sashimi salmonby Andrés Medici 96,654 views
- 11:18 Cómo hacer sushi (todos los tipos, casero y fácil)by isasaweis 1,099,374 views
- 1:13 How to Make Shikai Maki.wmvby candiball 280,267 views
- 8:35 How To: Make a Rainbow Rollby OkuSushi 248,472 views
- 2:18 Salmon slicing world record - Gordon Ramsayby gordonramsay 1,530,810 views
- Loading more suggestions...