Al Jazeera broadcasts video showing abducted Lebanese pilgrims
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 9, 2012
Syrian rebels holding 11 Lebanese Shia pilgrims hostage said they would release the men when their country had established a new "civil state" but left room for negotiations, a video obtained by Al Jazeera showed.
The hostages said in the video they were in good health and being treated well.
"The guests will be released by the Syrian civil state when their case is reviewed by a new democratic parliament," the rebels said in a written statement on the video.
The Lebanese hostages were on a bus that was stopped by gunmen on May 22 as it crossed into northern Syria from Turkey on its way home from a pilgrimage to Iran.
The gunmen released the women and kept the men.
The video showed all 11 hostages speaking and ended with a written statement from the kidnappers.
Below is a translation from Arabic of what was said in the footage:
Sot: I am Hussain Omar. I want to tell my family that i am very fine. The revolutionaries are very kind to me and are treating me very well.
Sot: I am Jameel Saleh. I am fine. My health is alright. We consider ourselves guests here and you can call us guests. I cut my hair here and the one who did it for me is Haj Abbas.
I am Haj Abbas Shoeib. My health is fine as you can see. My family members in Beirut do not need to worry about me.
I am Ali Zugheib. We need to tell everyone that we are very fine. We are in good health and we are staying with people who are very honest, even more than we can imagine. Praise be to Allah.
I am Mohammad Monzer from Baalbek. Thank God I am OK, and many thanks to those with whom we are staying now.
I am Awad Ibrahim. My message to my family is that I am fine and OK. We have not seen any bad things here.
I am Ali Tarmas from Lebanon. We are on the 5th or 6th of June and I want to tell my family that I am fine. I also want to thank those guys whom we are staying with them because they exert every effort for us to feel well.
I am Hasan Hammoud. Thank God we are fine and the guys here are treating us very well as if we are members of their families.
I am Haj Abbas Hammoud from Jeheem, in Tyre. I want to tell my mother and the rest of my family that I am very well here. I live here as if I am with my family.
I am Hasan Arzoumi. I need to tell my family that I am fine here. I am more than fine thank God.
I am Assayed Ali Abbas. Every one who worries about me has to know has to know that we are nor kidnapped or abducted here. We are guests here and we are hosted by the Syrian revolutionaries and we will go back to our families very soon.
(once again ) Haj Abbas Shoeib : First of all we condemn the massacre of Al-Houla committed by the unfair perpetrators. We also support the Syrian people and we tell our people in Lebanon they must follow the steps of the Syrians and revolt against all injustices. You know seeing is believing... we have seen here that we are guests and we are well hosted by our the revolutionaries. From my heart I ask Allah Almighty to help them to soon achieve the victory. I am saying this from my heart without any pressures and no one is putting his gun on my head asking me to say so. We all here support the Syrian people and our blood is for them.
Statement No. 2
We the revolutionaries of Syria announce the following:
1)- All the eleven Lebanese guest are fine and in good health
2)- We reject everything said in the media by those who claimed they are spokespersons for the revolutionaries simply because we have no contacts or relations with them at all. We only recognize what we've said in our first statement when we ask for an apology from Hasan Nasr Allah.
3)- Our guests will return back via the Civil State in Syria following the discussion of their case in the new democratic parliament. But due to the current circumstances, and after some consultations, they might be delivered to any of the neighboring countries.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:32 أولى صور اللبنانيين الـ11 المخطوفين في سورياby صحيفة الدولية الإلكترونيةFeatured 1,817
- 4:38 Israeli soldiers fire on Al Jazeera correspondent - 04 Sep 09by AlJazeeraEnglish 404,538 views
- 2:06 Growing number of US soldier suicidesby AlJazeeraEnglish 6,330 views
- 2:22 Deadly Syria-linked clashes strike Lebanon's Tripoliby AlJazeeraEnglish 33,871 views
- 1:59 Lebanese clan kidnap Syriansby AlJazeeraEnglish 5,746 views
- 10:28 مجموعة مسلحة تخطف 14 سوريا في لبنانby Aljadeedlive's channel 7,123 views
- 2:00 Apologise O' Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah - ENG Subsby TheKeysToEternity 3,300 views
- 1:21 الجيش الحر يأسر شبيحة ويحررالبلدية - القصير 10 6 2012by kuwaitywithsyrianrev 18,111 views
- 0:47 18+ not for shock! SAA Sniper Kills pro-terrorist Al Jazeera journalist Mohammed al-Horan 17-1-13by TahirAlRomaani2 7,053 views
- 48:41 45 minutes President Bashar Al-Assad interview with Barbara Walters from ABC News on 07-12-2011by fadiii2000 85,534 views
- 11:03 Syria: the horror of Homs, a city at warby Channel 4 News 1,403,875 views
- 2:05 18+ Syria Air Force Strikes on Izaz Buries Dozens Beneath Bombed Buildings 8-15-12 Azazby Souria2011archives 1,841 views
- 7:53 Fadi Reaidy -- Comedy Night 4 -- © 2011by zaro327 79,708 views
- 0:26 Gunmen in Syria kidnapped 47 Iranian pilgrims on their way to Damascus airportby Lenziran Newsvideo 2,590 views
- 4:36 Lebanese Sexy Models in Bikini - ELITE MODEL LOOK 2011by lisaannxxx1 395,935 views
- 3:05 Iranian engineers still hostages of NATO backed Free Syrian Army Terrorist groupby Ardalan Hamrah 37,718 views
- 7:24 القدسby jarrasam 6,288 views
- 8:24 عائلة المقداد تخطف سوريين ردا على خطف ابنها حسنby mtvlebanon 8,844 views
- 28:01 Syed Hasan Nasrallah Interview with RT - 17APR12 - Englishby Wasif Abbas 780 views
- 3:12 A Lebanese oud maker | صانع عود لبنانيby AnnaharTV 3,231 views
- Loading more suggestions...