F*CK THE NFL IM NOT PAYING OR WATCHING ANY MORE GAMES LIONS CALVIN JOHNSON ROBBED
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 12, 2010
vote for fist today http://poll.fm/f/28yse
as seen on NFL SHOWTIME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ntyC...
im not watching any more bullshit nfl fucking bullshit CALLS. MOTHER FUCKERS THAT WAS A FUCKING TOUCHDOWN FUCK YOU NFL. YOU LOST MY BUSINESS.
With just seconds remaining in the game and Chicago beating Detroit 19-14, Lions receiver Calvin Johnson appeared to make a beautiful game-winning touchdown catch in the end zone.
But after the official on the field who appeared to have the best view of the play ruled a touchdown, a second official came in and said that Johnson hadn't maintained control of the ball. The referee then reviewed the replay and confirmed the ruling on the field of an incomplete pass.
Two more Lions passes fell incomplete after that, and the Bears held on to win. Bears fans celebrated; Lions fans thought they just got ripped off.
The rule in question came up in September of last year, when Louis Murphy of the Raiders caught what many fans thought was a touchdown, but was ruled incomplete. Mike Pereira, then the head of NFL officiating, defended the officials' ruling. Pereira now works for FOX, and he said during the Lions-Bears broadcast that incomplete pass was the correct ruling.
The rule in question states, "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."
To everyone who saw Johnson's non-catch, tell us what you think in the comments: Did the officials get this one right? Or were the Lions screwed out of a game-winning touchdown?
Standard YouTube License
- 3:27 thanks guys.by F1sTDaCuFFs11,322 views
- 8:04 Modern Warfare 2, live commentary from the Iphone HD Ep.4by F1sTDaCuFFs5,262 views
- 6:06 Modern Warfare 2, live commentary from the Iphone HD Ep.5by F1sTDaCuFFs6,301 views
- 8:58 Modern Warfare 2, live commentary from the Iphone HD Ep.1by F1sTDaCuFFs3,887 views
- 7:57 Best Brawls Ever in Football (NCAA)by Smokey Dawg369,459 views
- 9:57 Top Ten Trick Plays of College Footballby FifthQuarterCFB5,506,623 views
- 5:19 Sports Science - No Sex before the game Part 1by Digitalost536,700 views
- 17:20 Madden 13 Superbowl : Ravens vs 49ers w/FaceCam - The Harbowlby AntoDaBoss218,709 views
- 7:00 Can Pacquiao beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. - ESPN First Takeby ESPNFirstTakeHD65,692 views
- 6:42 Top 15 Wide Receivers of College Football 2013 (Preview)by okaniamtheman40,690 views
- 6:40 Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Antonio Brown workout - AthleteIntelby AthleteIntel246,616 views
- 8:15 WIRED FOR SOUND Week 8: Matthew Stafford vs. Cowboysby detroitlionsnfl58,309 views
- 4:36 Adolf Hitler is upset after the Detroit Lions finish 0-16by hitlerhatesthelions194,020 views
- 7:45 Biggest Miracles/Trick Plays Ever in Football (All Levels)by Smokey Dawg942,589 views
- 6:44 Sports Science: Hits like a Girl, Part 1by rockboy11381,446,359 views
- 6:10 Sports Science -No Sex before the game Part 2by Digitalost116,944 views
- 9:27 Josh Manfred 10 Year Old Quarterback 2012 Houston Texas from Humble Atascocita Youth Footballby joshmanfredjr774,569 views
- 17:40 Madden 13:MUST WATCH-GAME/COMEBACK OF THE YEAR NOMINEE-SEAHAWKS VS DOLPHINSby MrGoldenSports185,647 views
- 8:23 Wired for Sound: Stafford and Johnson vs. Coltsby detroitlionsnfl106,293 views
- 6:09 RecruitingNation: Under Armour Combine WR v DBby ESPN290,583 views
- Loading more suggestions...