F*CK THE NFL IM NOT PAYING OR WATCHING ANY MORE GAMES LIONS CALVIN JOHNSON ROBBED
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 12, 2010
vote for fist today http://poll.fm/f/28yse
as seen on NFL SHOWTIME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ntyC...
im not watching any more bullshit nfl fucking bullshit CALLS. MOTHER FUCKERS THAT WAS A FUCKING TOUCHDOWN FUCK YOU NFL. YOU LOST MY BUSINESS.
With just seconds remaining in the game and Chicago beating Detroit 19-14, Lions receiver Calvin Johnson appeared to make a beautiful game-winning touchdown catch in the end zone.
But after the official on the field who appeared to have the best view of the play ruled a touchdown, a second official came in and said that Johnson hadn't maintained control of the ball. The referee then reviewed the replay and confirmed the ruling on the field of an incomplete pass.
Two more Lions passes fell incomplete after that, and the Bears held on to win. Bears fans celebrated; Lions fans thought they just got ripped off.
The rule in question came up in September of last year, when Louis Murphy of the Raiders caught what many fans thought was a touchdown, but was ruled incomplete. Mike Pereira, then the head of NFL officiating, defended the officials' ruling. Pereira now works for FOX, and he said during the Lions-Bears broadcast that incomplete pass was the correct ruling.
The rule in question states, "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."
To everyone who saw Johnson's non-catch, tell us what you think in the comments: Did the officials get this one right? Or were the Lions screwed out of a game-winning touchdown?
Standard YouTube License
- 0:33 Referee Tells Kobe Bryant: No Blood, No Foulby Immortal24Dragon's channelFeatured 623,349
- 6:06 Modern Warfare 2, live commentary from the Iphone HD Ep.5by BOO!!! i'm a ghost!! 6,291 views
- 8:58 Modern Warfare 2, live commentary from the Iphone HD Ep.1by F1sTDaCuFFs 3,855 views
- 3:27 thanks guys.by BOO!!! i'm a ghost!! 11,296 views
- 6:48 Modern Warfare 2, live commentary from the Iphone HD Ep.3by F1sTDaCuFFs 5,175 views
- 7:47 Detroit Lions Get Absolutely Screwedby ILoveTorriesPuppies 53,854 views
- 1:29 Calvin Johnson Robbed by NFL's Horrible Catch Ruleby try2stopme32 21,179 views
- 2:50 Re: F*CK THE NFL IM NOT PAYING OR WATCHING ANY MORE GAMES LIONS CALVIN JOHNSON ROBBEDby Magneto39 6,307 views
- 0:47 Touchdown Celebrationby TavaresDeslauriers 83,233 views
- 6:05 NFL - Lions 38 - Browns 37by kr150r 33,083 views
- 4:04 This is why Calvin Johnson's catch should have been a TDby HD 20,858 views
- 0:45 Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions - Robbed By NFLby mrphunny1 17,385 views
- 6:57 Calvin Johnson #3 Top 100 Players of 2012by patriotsfan101010 39,252 views
- 1:33 Suh's Forearm Punch to Cutlerby mrhobopants 1,348,451 views
- 6:17 Calvin Johnson 2012 Highlightsby Chase Fitz 32,883 views
- 1:17 NFL robs Detroit Lions of a Game Winning TD!by HD 2,292 views
- 4:35 Detroit lions CALVIN JOHNSON Cheated in the Chicago game by WORST Ref CALLby archeze75 14,716 views
- 0:55 Louis CK - My Life is Really Evilby Jon Irvine 159,685 views
- 2:46 Wash Your Balls!! Axe commercialby igormrdjen 3,579,406 views
- 2:39 Fuck Madden NFL 11.... Madden 2011 is still fucking us in the assby eric costley 8,711 views
- Loading more suggestions...