More pedagogic change in 10 years than last 1000 years: Donald Clark at TEDxGlasgow
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 2, 2012
Search, links, media sharing, social media, Wikipedia, games, open source etc. are ground breaking shifts in the way we learn, says Donald Clark. Unfortunately, they're not matched by the way we teach. The growing gap between teaching practice and learning practice is acute and growing. Institutional teaching, especially in Universities is hanging on to the pedagogic fossil that is the lecture. The true driver for positive, pedagogic change is the internet.
More about Donald...
Donald Clark was CEO and one of the original founders of Epic Group plc, which established itself as the leading company in the UK e-learning market, floated on the Stock Market in 1996 and sold in 2005. Describing himself as 'free from the tyranny of employment', he is a board member of Ufi, Cogbooks, LearningPool and the Brighton Arts Festival.
Donald has been involved in major film, games, simulations, social media and mobile projects. He is an evangelist for the use of technology in learning and has won many awards, notably the 'Outstanding Achievement in e-learning Award'. He has advised on e-learning for many global, public and private organisations, and is a regular speaker at national and international conferences...... also a regular (and controversial) blogger on e-learning!
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
Standard YouTube License
Next in TEDxGlasgow - 03/04/2012
- 19:20 TEDxAsheville - Adam Baker - Sell your crap. Pay your debt. Do what you love.by TEDxTalks462,855 views
- 18:31 Three Myths of Behavior Change - What You Think You Know That You Don't: Jeni Cross at TEDxCSUby TEDxTalks115,665 views
- 17:49 TEDxMaribor - Neel Burton - The Anatomy of Melancholy: Can depression be good for you?by TEDxTalks50,614 views
- 12:56 Enlightenment in the age of materialism: Carol Craig at TEDxGlasgowby TEDxTalks6,286 views
- 15:30 How private schools are serving the poorest: Pauline Dixon at TEDxGlasgowby TEDxTalks20,241 views
- 13:06 TEDxDubai 2011 | Helen Papagiannis | Augmented Reality and the power of imaginationby TEDxTalks4,745 views
- 14:49 More Passion, Less Pedagogy: John Boyer at TEDxVirginiaTechby TEDxTalks5,901 views
- 18:18 TEDxNYED - George Siemens - 03/06/10by TEDxTalks11,345 views
- 14:27 Why are Scots so sick: Dr. Richard Weller at TEDxGlasgowby TEDxTalks3,462 views
- 18:11 Forget what you know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks2,343,503 views
- 16:13 TEDxNYED - Alan November - 03/05/2011by TEDxTalks47,842 views
- 18:30 A deeper materialism: Michael Stone at TEDxTorontoby TEDxTalks10,620 views
- 13:30 TEDxYYC - Steve Fisher - Open Sourced Futureby TEDxTalks3,586 views
- 10:54 TEDxSwarthmore - Corinna Lathan - Innovation, Empathy, and the Future of Human-Machine Interactionby TEDxTalks1,882 views
- 8:31 TEDxBigApple - Patrick Govang - Manufacturing a Sustainable Worldby TEDxTalks4,340 views
- 15:56 TEDxNYED - Mike Wesch - 03/06/10by TEDxTalks19,679 views
- 4:34 iPhone Application Developer... and 6th Grader: Thomas Suarez at TEDxManhattanBeachby TEDxTalks2,332,422 views
- 17:25 TEDxDirigo - Zoe Weil - The World Becomes What You Teachby TEDxTalks86,281 views