Meteorite Explosion - Russia Chelyabinsk 2/15/2013 - Asteroid expected to pass close by Earth
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 15, 2013
From RT: http://rt.com/news/russia-meteor-mete...
The Russian Urals region has been stricken by a sudden cosmic attack. Unidentified flying objects exploded over several major cities, including Chelyabinsk, where the blast waves blew out windows and disrupted mobile connections.
The Emergency Ministry said the incident was caused by a shower of meteorite debris. Unconfirmed reports suggested that a meteorite was shot down by Russian air defenses. Multiple dashboard videos appeared online, showing huge fireballs flying over buildings and exploding with a strong blast. A local zinc factory was the worst-hit, with some of its walls collapsed.
Fireball explosion wreaks havoc across region.
'Shock and frustration': Locals report on meteorite crash in Russian Urals (VIDEO)
A man identifying himself as Viktor poses for a photograph after receiving treatment for injuries sustained from a shock wave that followed after a falling object was sighted in the sky in the Urals region, at an emergency room in a hospital in Chelyabinsk February 15, 2013.(Reuters / Andrei Kuzmin)
9:07 GMT: "The object could be about a meter in diameter and weigh a few tons," said Valeriy Shuvalov of the Institute of Geosphere Dynamics. "As it entered the atmosphere, it broke into a cloud of pieces that flew on, creating a blast wave and emitting light. That's where the flashes came from, as well as broken windows. Most of the object's material evaporated, the remaining pieces slowed down and fell. It was most likely of iron nature as it penetrated so far through the atmosphere. However, we still don't have the exact data on the debris."
8:56 GMT: The Chelyabinsk regional governor reported that an emergency team discovered that a meteorite fell into a lake near the town of Chebarkul.
8:49 GMT: The number of people requesting medical assistance has risen to 500.
8:30 GMT: Residents of Chelyabinsk buy out plastic wrap to screen the windows blown off by the meteor shower blast wave, as temperatures are expected to fall to -14°C at night.
8:20 GMT: More than 400 people have requested medical attention for minor injuries after a meteor shower hit the Russian Urals region. The number of injured may change, police said.
Damaged factory in Chelyabinsk. Photo from znak.com
CCTV cameras register the moment of explosion
8:10 GMT: Oleg Malkov, an aerospace scientist at Moscow State University, told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper that the meteorite went undetected by space scanners, likely because it was coming from the direction of the Sun. "We can only register stones coming from the direction of the night sky," he explained. Malkov confirmed that the meteor shower in the Urals was not connected to the 2012DA14 asteroid that will approach Earth in a few hours.
8:03 GMT:Up to 250 injured, 3 in critical condition after meteorite hits
7:46 GMT: Ekaterinburg's observatory has officially deemed the incident a fireball meteor shower. No evacuations were called for, and radiation levels were determined to be normal.
7:40 GMT: Vice Premier Dmitry Rogozin wrote on Twitter that he will offer suggestions to Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on how to prevent or mitigate meteorite damage in future.
7:30 GMT: The number of people seeking medical attention has risen to 150.
* Thank You RT for keeping updates on the matter, also thanks to all the people who's videos are included in the compilation. It is uploaded for educational and informational matters. No profit being made. For more recent update, please use the RT link from the beginning of the info.
Music: Red Button TV (Music for the YouTube backgrounds)
If anyone wishes to re-upload this video, please do so, but please preserve the links and references from the video info.
Thank You for watching.
Originally uploaded by RedButtonTV1
Standard YouTube License
- 1:59 Russian Meteor Explosion: The Full Storyby DNews Featured 93,184
- 10:58 Tsunami - Caught On Camera - P1by John Daniel58,019,192 views
- 10:12 Meteor Hits Russia 2013 - Best Footage Collectionby Tuvix72353,442 views
- 9:36 asatha poovathu muthu 01by achchutube221,948 views
- 7:22 Meteor crash in Russia, 1500 people injured!! Ural, Chelyabinsk! New Video Part 4by Best Videos For You351,005 views
- 14:47 Secret Asteroid Threat ~ Near Final Phase O' DECEPTION TO END ALL DECEPTIONS - SPACE WEAPONS PROGRAMby revmichellehopkins94,935 views
- 2:50 Ipanema - The World Sexiest Beachby riowonders42,677,012 views
- 45:40 Dr Zakir Naik vs Jagat Guru Rampal Ji - Special Episode 2013by Satlok Ashram286,960 views
- 1:10 HD 1946 atomic bomb test operation crossroads Able shot in colorby nuclear tests channel2,723,305 views
- 7:40 Fire in the Sky : A Meteor lights up the night sky over Southern California (Nov 07, 2013)by SignsofThyComing14,381 views
- 10:58 Kapil Sharma interview in Zindagi Live - Part 1 of 2 - MUST WATCHby Kapil Sharma FAN953,128 views
- 1:48 Amazing UFO attacked the meteorite to defend ourselves, Russia, Feb 15, 2013 HDby UFOvni2012501,429 views
- 9:17 Extinction Asteroid Comet Meteorite Impact scares you to death!!!by manbehumble187,051 views
- 0:59 Real mermaid caught sleeping on a rock 2013by THATSCRAZY7182,090,388 views
- 0:32 meteorietenregen in Rusland 14-2-2013, meteor shower in Chelyabinsk Russia awsome !by Dino Doemeknopielos123,141 views
- 16:17 Meteorite hits Russia impact Video Collections of meteorite explosionsby zakmcintyre2009451,651 views
- 2:30 Meteor strike in Chelyabinsk catches out Russian TV station - Truthloaderby Truthloader155,136 views
- 1:43 UFO 2013: Military recovering of alien body crashed? | Ufo sightings | Aliens 2013 caught on tapeby ParanormalCamera4,962,931 views
- 2:14 The Door To Hell - Top 10 Secret World Wonders[HD]by TheMiyaworld117,561 views
- 4:22 Russia Reveals Hidden Treasure in 35 million year old Asteroid Craterby desertrosetx783,352 views
- Loading more suggestions...