Suppression of Free Speech Anonymous Protest, 10th May 2008
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 14, 2008
If the sound is a bit out of sync it's youtubes fault
The scientologists somehow managed to convince the City of London police to censor any signs that contained the word "cult"
To do this they invoked the Public Order Act (1994), a piece of legislation that was replaced in this context by the Racial and Religious Hatred Act (2006). Due to a legal precedent set by a test case under the Public Order Act, it can used to censor signs that actually incite violence. The Racial and Religious Hatred Act (2006) section defines religious hatred as hatred stirred up against a group of people defined by a particular set of religious beliefs. Furthermore, under section 29J (protection of freedom of expression):
"Nothing in this Part shall be read or given effect in a way which prohibits or restricts discussion, criticism or expressions of antipathy, dislike, ridicule, insult or abuse of particular religions or the beliefs or practices of their adherents, or of any other belief system or the beliefs or practices of its adherents, or proselytising or urging adherents of a different religion or belief system to cease practising their religion or belief system."
Scientology has been openly condemned as a cult in UK courts, for example:
"Scientology is both immoral and socially obnoxious...
It is corrupt sinister and dangerous. It is corrupt because it is based on lies and deceit and has its real objective money and power for Mr. Hubbard... It is sinister because it indulges in infamous practices both to its adherents who do not toe the line unquestionably and to those who criticize it or oppose it. It is dangerous because it is out to capture people and to indoctrinate and brainwash them so they become the unquestioning captives and tools of the cult, withdrawn from ordinary thought, living, and relationships with others."
-- Judge Latey, 1984 ruling in the High Court of London
Members of the church of scientology have at times been refused entry to this country on the grounds that scientology is socially harmful.
For a brief overview: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol...
TL:DR? Illegal censorship is illegal, Scientology is a CULT
Standard YouTube License
- 59:08 The secrets of Scientology (Full Documentary)by NEO2012anonymous119,570 views
- 56:50 Scientology Secrets, Slaves and Mind Control with Insider Tory Christmanby TheLipTV19,283 views
- 10:03 'No there is no crime 2 offences'by psychodrilla5,368 views
- 2:47 Scientology Explained In 166 Seconds by Anonymousby PTPTgood4ugood4Me13,534 views
- 2:16 HANK HILL CALLS THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGYby ConspiracyCult60,352 views
- 3:28 ARRESTED! McLibel Protester (McDonalds)by AnimalRightsCamb6,373 views
- 29:21 Scientology and me [Documentary Full]by NEO2012anonymous128,412 views
- 3:03 Scientology's New ASSAULT TACTICS on Anonymousby doyle63l518,929 views
- 1:36 Scientologist freakout!by StrongStrength8,424 views
- 5:37 OTVIII John Allender returns for more!by thegoddamnpacman12,532 views
- 2:16 Scientology Dentist fined $462,500 in Sexual and Scientology Harassment caseby doyle63l5928 views
- 4:18 Defend free speech -- repeal the word 'insulting' from Section 5 of the Public Order Actby christianorguk5,116 views
- 2:44 Ex-Scientologis t OUTS TRAVOLTAby BerthaTheToaster200,240 views
- 59:08 THE SECRETS OF SCIENTOLOGY (FULL DOCUMENTARY)by ConspiracyCult1,024,937 views
- 56:46 Leah Remini and the Scientology Apocalypse with Mark Ebnerby TheLipTV44,099 views
- 11:00 public order actby Æe Ema1,468 views
- 9:36 CNN: Scientology vs. Anonymous : Tommy Davis Respondsby NewYork42042064,025 views
- 13:46 Anonymous Live on CNN 2013 broke into cnnby NEO2012anonymous419,002 views
- 1:42 Scientology in 100 Secondsby AllHailXenuFilm1,585,056 views
- 59:09 BBC Panorama The Secrets of Scientology (Complete)by 1001Documentaries195,746 views
- Loading more suggestions...