Curators of Sweden
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 10, 2012
Short video explaining the Curators of Sweden initiative.
Every week, someone in Sweden is @Sweden: sole ruler of the world's most democratic Twitter account.
For seven days, he or she recommends things to do and places to see, sharing diverse opinions, and ideas along the way.
After that, someone else does the same—but differently. Follow all nine million of us. Welcome to Sweden.
As the first country in the world, Sweden hands over the country's official Twitter account to its citizens.The project Curators of Sweden is an initiative of the Swedish institute and VisitSweden, both part of NSU, the National Board for the promotion of Sweden. Every week another person receives exclusivity over the Twitter account @sweden, which aims to present the country of Sweden through the mix of skills, experiences and opinions it actually consists of. By means of the various curators' narrations, not one Sweden is conveyed, but several.
Why Curators of Sweden?
In an age of mass communication and increasing globalization, a country depends largely on how it is perceived abroad. Political objectives, trade, investments, visitors, exchange of talent and creativity are all heavily dependent on the view of the outside world. Sweden's development and future prosperity depend on strong relations with the outside world and a more active exchange with other countries in many areas. This is only possible, if more people are familiar with Sweden and become interested in the country and what it has to offer.
Twitter is a global social-networking service and micro-blog that allows users to send and read messages, known as tweets. The messages are text-based and may be up to 140 characters long. Twitter as a medium makes it easy to reach out to the target audience in realtime. It is quick to update and to share content. Anyone can follow the Curator of Sweden and the network's global reach means that the message can be received all over the world. The medium is also very useful for engaging followers in a dialogue.
What's the thought behind Curators of Sweden?
The idea with Curators of Sweden is that each curator will share both their own and relevant third party's thoughts, stories, information and other content that is somehow linked to Sweden. The idea is that the curators, through their tweets, create interest and arouse curiosity for Sweden and the wide range the country has to offer. The expectation is that the curators will paint a picture of Sweden, different to that usually obtained through traditional media.
- 4:58 How to survive a Swedish dinner partyby Sweden's Official Channel 91,143 views
- 3:38 How to be a student in Swedenby Sweden's Official Channel 58,925 views
- 2:43 How to survive a Swedish winterby Sweden's Official Channel 47,545 views
- 14:47 Greetings from the Curators of @Swedenby Sweden's Official Channel 1,705 views
- 4:51 A guide to typical Swedish Behaviourby SaraKornet 37,145 views
- 4:03 20130106飛鷹新聞by topchurch的頻道 175 views
- 2:34 What about Sweden, which seems like a great place to live?by ReasonTV 9,526 views
- 5:21 10 good things to know about Swedenby Eductus filmer 129,614 views
- 5:45 Teenage Riots in Swedenby VICE 820,712 views
- 2:11 Top 10 Coldest Countries In The Worldby My's Channel 124,960 views
- 9:59 Early years education: Sweden versus the UK Part 3 (of 3)by TheReliquary 26,745 views
- 1:01 Discovery Channel commercial over Midden-Zwedenby Sweden 6,666 views
- 15:01 (3 of 4) The Secret of Drawing - 2. Storylinesby taran888tula 478 views
- 12:52 Arun Ferreira - Life in an Indian prisonby thirdtreefromtheleft 483 views
- 3:13 Ronaldo, Kobe Bryant, Roger Federer, Ronaldinho, Rooney and Ribéry/ Nike adby The AD Show by CulturePub 8,465,545 views
- 2:47 Rivers of Light Case Study 2012by Lowe and Partners Worldwide 5,334 views
- 2:53 Troy Library: Book Burning Partyby Glen Hilzinger 21,127 views
- 2:18 Innovative Thunder - Idea "Pay with a tweet" Case Studyby happyspots 15,508 views
- 9:08 Ancient Indian Shell Midden Site - Californiaby storiesbyalex 469 views
- 1:06 The Swedish Nyckelharpaby Maria L Hallengren 69,073 views
- Loading more suggestions...