Published on Mar 14, 2014
Join us for episode 7 of Discover Performance Weekly to discuss how organizations are fast-tracking their own transformation by taking advantage of the software-defined enterprise. HP Software evangelist and VP of Strategic Marketing, Paul Muller (@xthestreams), sits down with Damon Edwards (@damonedwards), DevOps expert and managing partner at DTO Solutions.
The duo continue a discussion started on the Discover Performance article,
Software-driven business means no more IT 'projects' found at http://h30458.www3.hp.com/us/us/disco....
In this episode, you will Paul and Damon discuss topics like:
- What is the software-defined enterprise? (0:45)
- Accelerating change -- Steps for transforming IT (1:40)
- Need connected intelligence but hand off processes as services in large orgs (3:20)
- How does the software-defined enterprise bring the business and IT together to keep up with customer needs? (4:15)
- Security, cost and quality are mandatory (5:00)
- Culture, tools, metrics and sharing as four principles of transformation (5:25)
- Creating a metrics-driven organization (7:00)
- Changes required to become a more software defined enterprise (9:00)
- How do you get over the disparity of measure between the apps, ops and security teams? (10:25)
- How to breed a culture of learning from failures? (11:25)
- Where do you start to implement DevOps processes? (12:30)
For more videos, find us at http://www.hp.com/go/backstage.
To receive the Discover Performance eZine directly to your email, please subscribe here: http://hpsw.co/Xa53LtD