Slavoj Zizek, Judith Butler & Larry Rickels. Psychoanalysis. 2006 1/3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 22, 2007
http://www.egs.edu/ Slavoj Zizek, Judith Butler and Larry Rickels discussing psychoanalysis. Segment of a public lecture at European Graduate School, Media and Communications Studies Program Department, EGS, Saas-Fee, Switzerland, Slavoj Zizek.
Judith Butler is the Maxine Elliot professor in the Departments of Rhetoric and Comparative Literature at the University of California, Berkeley and Hannah Arendt Chair at EGS, attended Bennington College and then Yale University, where she received her B.A., and her Ph.D. in philosophy in 1984. Her first training in philosophy took place at the synagogue in her hometown of Cleveland. She taught at Wesleyan and Johns Hopkins universities. Judith Butler is an American feminist and post-structuralist philosopher interested in feminism, queer theory, political philosophy, ethics, zionism, israel, oppression, academic freedom and cultural narrative. She is the author of Giving An Account of Oneself; Undoing Gender; Precarious Life: The Powers of Mourning and Violence; Contingency, Hegemony, Universality: Contemporary Dialogues on the Left (with Ernesto Laclau and Slavoj Žižek); Antigone's Claim: Kinship Between Life and Death; The Psychic Life of Power: Theories in Subjection; Excitable Speech: A Politics of the Performative; Bodies That Matter: On the Discursive Limits of "Sex"; Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity; and Subjects of Desire: Hegelian Reflections in Twentieth-Century France.
Slavoj Zizek, a Slovenian sociologist, postmodern philosopher, and cultural critic is a professor at the Institute for Sociology, Ljubljana and at the European Graduate School EGS who uses popular culture to explain the theory of Jacques Lacan and the theory of Jacques Lacan to explain politics and popular culture. He was born in 1949 in Ljubljana, Slovenia where he lives to this day but he has lectured at universities around the world. He was analysed by Jacques Alain Miller, Jacques Lacan's son in law. His research focuses on Karl Marx, Hegel and Schellingfundamentalism, tolerance, political correctness, globalization, subjectivity, human rights, Lenin, myth, cyberspace, postmodernism, multiculturalism, post-marxism, David Lynch, and Alfred Hitchcock. He has published many books and translations in several languages. He is the author of The Sublime Object of Ideology, 1989, Beyond Discourse Analysis (a part in Ernesto Laclau's New Reflections on the Revolution of Our Time), London: Verso. 1990, For They Know Not What They Do, London: Verso. 1991, Looking Awry, MIT Press. Enjoy Your Symptom!, Routledge. 1992, Tarrying With the Negative, Durham, New Carolina: Duke University Press. 1993, Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Lacan, But Were Afraid to Ask Hitchcock,1993, The Metastates of Enjoyment,1994, The Indivisible Remainder: Essays on Schelling and Related Matters, 1996, The Abyss of Freedom, University of Michigan Press. 1997, The Plague of Fantasies, Multi-culturalism, or, the Cultural Logic of Multi-national Capitalism, New Left Review, issue 225 pgs. 28--51, The Ticklish Subject, 1999, Contingency, Hegemony, Universality (authored with Judith Butler and Ernesto Laclau), Verso. 2000, The Art of the Ridiculous Sublime: On David Lynch's Lost Highway, Washington: University of Washington Press. The Fragile Absolute, 2000, Did Somebody Say Totalitarianism?. 2001, The Fright of Real Tears: Kryzystof Kieślowski Between Theory and Post-Theory, British Film Institute (BFI), On Belief, Routledge. Opera's Second Death, Repeating Lenin, Zagreb: Arkzin D.O.O. 2001, Welcome to the Desert of the Real, 2002, Revolution at the Gates: Žižek on Lenin, the 1917 Writings, Organs Without Bodies. 2003, The Puppet and the Dwarf, 2003, Iraq: The Borrowed Kettle, 2004, Interrogating the Real, London, Continuum International Publishing Group. 2005, The Universal Exception, London, 2006, Neighbors and Other Monsters (in The Neighbor: Three Inquiries in Political Theology), Cambridge, Massachusetts: University of Chicago Press. The Parallax View, How to Read Lacan, New York: W.W. Norton & Company. 2007
Laurence Arthur Rickels is a Professor at the Department of Germanic, Slavic, and Semitic Studies at University of California - Santa Barbara. Co-editor (with Thomas Kniesche) - Die Kindheit Überleben. Festschrift. He is the author of Mahlendorf, Psychoanalysis, Only Psychoanalysis Won the War, Crypto-Fetishism, Acting Out in Groups. The Vampire Lectures, Poetry Poetics Translation: Festschrift in Honor of Richard Exner. Konigshausen Neumann, The Case of California. Reprinted with University of Minnesota Press, Gottfried Keller, Jugenddramen. Ammann Verlag, Looking After Nietzsche. State University of New York Press, iVoice Over: On Technology, SubStance 61, Der unbetrauerbare Tod. Edition Passagen, and Aberrations of Mourning: Writing on German Crypts. Wayne State University Press, 1988.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Slavoj Zizek, Judith Butler, Larry Rickels. Psychoanalysis
- 9:41 Slavoj Zizek - Rules, Race, and Mel Gibson 2006 2/8by European Graduate School EGS 26,870 views
- 9:59 Judith Butler. Primo Levi for the Present. 2006 1/10by egsvideo 42,109 views
- 10:02 Slavoj Žižek. The Return To Hegel. 2009 1/16by egsvideo 37,996 views
- 9:34 Avital Ronell, Judith Butler, Laurence Rickels: Arendt, Heidegger & The Role of Thinking 2009 1/15by European Graduate School EGS 2,771 views
- 49:55 23. Queer Theory and Gender Performativityby YaleCourses 27,057 views
- 28 videos Play all Marvelous female activists & women's strugglesby LesMarvelous
- 1:56:00 A Lecture by Slavoj Zizekby Boston University 55,939 views
- 2:29 Slavoj Žižek explains why the Sound of Music is racistby MrBloody32 162,620 views
- 1:17:12 Authors@Google: Slavoj Žižekby AtGoogleTalks 144,364 views
- 28:01 Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Slavoj Zizek & David Horowitz (E2)by RT 229,953 views
- 8:31 SLAVOJ ZIZEK INTERVIEW ON THE CULTURE SHOW (2010)by digitalexistential 51,435 views
- 14:23 Examined Life - Judith Butler & Sunaura Taylor 720p.aviby 小竹 黃 60,636 views
- 10:57 RSA Animate - First as Tragedy, Then as Farceby The RSA 1,143,270 views
- 29:25 Slavoj Zizek - First as Tragedy, Then as Farceby The RSA 81,171 views
- 8:08 Slavoj Zizek Hardtalk 1/3by dstpfw 76,724 views
- 9:49 Judith Butler: Part 3/6by redetrigan's channel 59,296 views
- 9:21 Judith Butler: Part 2/6by redetrigan's channel 77,645 views
- 10:01 Slavoj Zizek. Materialism and Theology. 2007 1/8by European Graduate School EGS 126,365 views
- 3:01 Judith Butler: Your Behavior Creates Your Genderby Big Think 74,555 views
- 5:44 Zizek on Children of Menby Anthony Arroyo 255,244 views
- 3:21 Israel's Missteps with Palestine - Slavoj Žižekby ForaTv 53,339 views
- Loading more suggestions...