Quan Sturdivant vs Rutgers (2010)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 1, 2011
Quan Sturdivant (#52) highlights / lowlights vs Rutgers
He was knocked out of the game early 4th quarter by a hamstring injury that would eventually sideline him for 5 weeks.
Pros: An instinctive and very smart LB. Quiet leader... leads by example. Quarterback for the north carolina defense, communicates and makes all of the defensive calls/signals. Makes many plays in the backfield because of his great feel for the game. Disrupts lots of plays with his intelligence even if the tackle stats don't show. Reacts incredibly quick to plays with no wasted motion. Flawless level of aggression. Struggled changing directions earlier this year and his career but improved greatly late in the season. Also greatly improved disengaging from blocks as the year went on for North Carolina. Is a much better athlete than he gets credit for.. has great lateral agility despite expected average time in the 40 yard dash. Absolutely oustanding short area burst.. always takes the HB or QB down when he closes near them, looks like a human missle. Anticipates when and where blockers are going to block him and uses his instincts to react and avoid them to make a play. Good explosiveness. Very rare understanding of the game for such a young player; re-routes TEs like a cornerback, should fair well in man coverage in the NFL. Greatly understandes angles and positioning in zone coveragage. Has shown the ability to anticipate and break on routes in coverage as well as any LB in the country. Gets picture perfect drops in coverage. Does not have elite speed but blankets people in coverage because of his rare combination of instincts and technique for a LB. Lineman have to let go of their blocking assignments just to get a block on him because of his great instincts and aggression. May not have elite athletic qualities, but has great football athletic qualities... has great burst, coordination, and acceleration as a football player. Just a playmaker.. recent linebackers will his style of play had great success in the NFL, Sturdivant's all around game translates well in the NFL.
Cons: Not particularly overly strong and fast. Needs to gain strength.. is average at meeting with blockers, can get engulfed and washed out of the play. Poor wrap up tackler, does not limit yards after contact. Might be forced to move to the outside in the NFL due to lack of ideal strength and disengaging ability for an ILB. Inconsistent moving through trash.. prefers to make the conservative tackle downfield. Has some off-field concerns getting arrested for drugs. Only tackles with great burst when making plays with his aggressiveness. Has struggled with injuries in 2010. Had a poor NFL combine.. skipped the 40 yard dash likely in fear of poor time. Also showed stiff hips, was high in backpeddal, and showed relatively heavy feet in drills.
(New York Giants - 50%, New Orleans Saints - 30%, Tampa Bay 15%, Baltimore Ravens 5%)
Jonathan Vilma - Like Vilma, Sturdivant has very much alike size and measurables. Both are extremely smart and instinctive against the run and pass. Both struggle to disengage from blockers at a consistent basis and doesn't have ideal bulk for an ILB
Standard YouTube License
- 7:57 Best Brawls Ever in Football (NCAA)by Smokey Dawg369,459 views
- 12:34 North Carolina Pro Day 2011by DraftBreakdown9,476 views
- 3:58 Quan Sturdivant vs Tennessee (2010)by UploadingAMV6,263 views
- 12:43 Vidal Hazelton University of Cincinnati Practice Film 2010by SuperSodaLover4,320 views
- 9:27 LB Quan Sturdivantby ProDraftParty7,336 views
- 12:41 Illinois Football Strength Training Complex Tourby ASAP Athletic Strength And Power5,505 views
- 2:56 Martez Wilson vs Penn State (2010)by UploadingAMV3,885 views
- 11:26 Akeem Ayers 2010 Highlightsby Matt Bernstein27,224 views
- 9:57 Top Ten Trick Plays of College Footballby FifthQuarterCFB5,506,623 views
- 10:48 Josh Bynes Talks Super Bowl Win and What Auburn Means To Himby Jason Caldwell491 views
- 3:31 InsideCarolina.com -- NFL Combine Interview: Quan Sturdivantby InsideCarolinaDotCom2,292 views
- 4:45 EPSA - 40 yd sprint perfect start. 678-502-8153by erasmusharvey3,374 views
- 4:28 Akeem Ayers vs Cal (2010)by UploadingAMV7,427 views
- 15:00 LB Nate Irvingby ProDraftParty14,603 views
- 27:07 Quentin Gause Past,Present, and Future Documentaryby Quentin Gause205 views
- 7:08 NFL draft final Insidelinbacker ranking 2011by Draftday1012,830 views
- 2:06 Oregon linebacker Casey Matthews Highlightsby GridironKings160,977 views
- 9:27 Josh Manfred 10 Year Old Quarterback 2012 Houston Texas from Humble Atascocita Youth Footballby joshmanfredjr774,569 views
- 9:21 Rutgers Football 2009 - Highlightsby RUfan0825,321 views
- 4:11 MARTEZ WILSON HIGHLIGHTSby Martez Wilson34,776 views
- Loading more suggestions...