Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 19, 2012
Yes, it is disrespectful to the Chinese Embassy - but I think that concern pales next to the brutal ignorance and inhumanity being inflicted on the rhinoceros. It may even be too late. Now it seems that the trade in other wild animal parts, such as lion bone - for mysterious and little-understood 'medicinal' purposes - is seeing a massive increase. Where is it going to end?
We have, somehow, to persuade the big guns - the Chinese, Vietnamese, and slumbering South African authorities - to weigh in and help us understand this business (and it is one - with very high stakes). Only by a massive, very public international campaign to investigate, penalise, and re-educate, might it be possible to begin to stem the demand. Let's help them to be heroic.
And this has also to be done before the opportunists persuade governments and CITES to create so-called 'legitimate' markets for rhino horn and other wild animal products. This is dangerous nonsense, since these legal traders will not only have a vested interest in keeping prices up, but in indirectly sustaining the beliefs that stimulate the demand. On a moral level, this also defers custodianship of and access to our universal heritage into the hands of a privileged and condescending elite.. steadily turning the entire planet into a commercial commodity. (okay, I know.. that's a different debate)
It may also be necessary to apologise to the fantastically dedicated organisations that are and have been bravely fighting the scourge of rhino poaching. But this is not a separate initiative. It began as an individual outcry, but is now a message from many equally desperate individuals to the relevant authorities to recognise and properly support their work.
So - if you feel similarly inclined, go for it! Fingernails or hair would also do.
And then share it, like it, tweet it, bleat it, etc..
For South Africa: 972 Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0083
Or the Chinese Embassy in your country.
Standard YouTube License
- 51:17 Pure Nature Specials - Wild Horses Return to Chinaby AlliantContentFeatured 22,523
- 1:01:51 Financial Pearl Harbor' is a Real Threat Warns a Pentagon Adviserby NewsmaxTV 26,498 views
- 3:07 Chinese Reclassified as Black in South Africaby NewshoundAsia 21,399 views
- 40:09 Angus Buchan at Ein Gedi 2012by ICEJVideos 9,254 views
- 1:06 Vijayakanth Scolds Reporters - Ananda vikatanby vikatanwebtv 377,549 views
- 8:15 China - Hell March - the largest army in the world - FULL (Official)by madboyfull 2,954,222 views
- 7:17 Chasing Dreams: Africans in China's Chocolate Cityby TheVJMovement 31,075 views
- 4:23 have you heard the news?by Mark Wilby 129 views
- 1:16 FEEDING THE DRAGON: CHINA IN AFRICA Great Decisions 2013 trailerby FPA1918 2,932 views
- 47:31 China Rising - Episode 1: The Dramatic Riseby AlJazeeraEnglish 17,195 views
- 45:01 2013.03.05康熙來了完整版 這才是星媽眼中的正妹女兒by MrPeiStar 380,241 views
- 4:42 Try not to laugh. Best Animals Fail & Wins Compilation Ever !! Funny Hahahah !!by KarmaloopOffical 8,096,461 views
- 8:27 Fighting Gravity, All 5 Performances - America's Got Talent (No Talking)by ndenny836 227,007 views
- 5:01 Davi Millsaps 2013_Motocross Action Magazineby hitorquemags 49,447 views
- 9:20 FAIL WIN Compilation of APRIL 2012 |[FDB™】 ☠by FailOfTheDayBlog 9,443,991 views
- 3:15 John Denver - I'm Sorryby cellodi 821,788 views
- 2:09 China 60th Anniversary Military Parade - Chinese Female Soldiers (HD)by wittydud 3,932,826 views
- 1:25 Chinese navy jump GANGNAM STYLEby homesecurityful 32,851 views
- 22:34 2013-05-18 - China Volley Masters - China vs Thailand ไทย - set 1by volleyvids 5,019 views
- 3:47 Transition 前進樂團 Dui Bu Qi 對不起我的中文不好by transitionofficial 956,355 views
- Loading more suggestions...