Published on May 2, 2013
Here's a quick walk through of the steps to side-load apps on to the OUYA. There are a few ways to do this but this is the easiest way I found for myself.
HOW TO SIDE-LOAD APPS/GAMES ONTO THE OUYA:
1) Upload your .APK file to a place where you can download it in the OUYA browser such as Dropbox, Mediafire, your personal email, etc.
2) In the OUYA main menu go to MAKE, then SOFTWARE, and launch the OUYA browser (web browser)
3) Navigate to the file you uploaded and download your file. You will see a notification popup saying that your file is downloading.
4) Back out to the OUYA main menu and select MANAGE, then SYSTEM, then ADVANCED.
5) Scroll down the Android setting options until you get to STORAGE and select that with the O button.
6) You will see a multicolor graph showing you installed data on the OUYA flash storage, select DOWNLOADS.
7) You will see a list of APK files with timestamps from when you downloaded them. Select the APK you want to install and press the O button. You will see a prompt popup allowing you to install the APK.
8) Once installed, you will find your installed apps/games located in the MAKE/SOFTWARE section off the OUYA main menu.
9) Not all apps are compatible with the OUYA so experiment to see what will work for you.
I managed to side-load GTA III: 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION which does seem to work with the OUYA controller.
Also as I mentioned in the video STEAMPUNK RACING 3D works but the controls are terrible.
LOKI - Orange Lounge Radio (http://www.orangeloungeradio.com), VOG Network (http://wwww.vognetwork.com)
Standard YouTube License