The Ballad of Mike Haggar
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 2, 2011
Welcome, friends. I hope you're well,
I bid you join me for a spell,
Sit by, pipe down and be regaled,
With our beloved city's tale.
I'll tell you through my weak narration,
Of how it met with its salvation,
From Mad Gear's grip its neck was freed,
By one man's most extraordinary deeds.
For years had Metro City's streets,
Been trampled under thuggish feet,
Its dwellers caged with no escape,
From endless murder, theft and rape.
Until a man stood tall and pledged,
To pry away the dagger's edge,
'Twas truly apt the city's prayer,
Be answered by its very mayor.
His homeland sacked, his kin despoiled,
His anger's cauldron overboiled.
All who'd left this city scarred,
Would taste the fist of Mike Haggar!
Outnumbering him they jeered and taunted,
Still he sallied forth undaunted,
Knuckles flew and in a flash,
Of speed and fury came the clash.
As though he were a righteous sword,
He tore unscathed through endless hordes,
Until at last he reached a foe,
That gave him pause. Edi? No!
How could this be, a lawman lured,
By wickedness he'd once endured?
From whence came this? What was the source?
"Money", came his reply. Of course.
But Haggar would not step awry,
All allies of the Gear must die,
If he had donned a traitor's crown,
Then he as well would be struck down.
And would that in a fateful brawl,
Pure heart and grit could vanquish all,
But cowards have their coward's ways,
With musket's muzzles set ablaze.
A tragic victory won that eve,
For Haggar's death we must not grieve,
In proof of his gallant resilience,
His eyes were met with marble brilliance.
As it was penned in ancient scrolls,
Valhalla called to Haggar's soul,
His wings of courage had him flown,
To stand at mighty Odin's throne.
"Long have I awaited thee,
Of boundless strength and bravery.
This day will grant my Einherjar,
A trueborn hero, Mike Haggar
O daring knight, of you I plead,
We in our time of crisis need,
A warrior of finest stock,
To lead the charge in Ragnarok."
The greatest honour, called to aid,
Nay, lead in this divine crusade,
Yet Haggar stood as still as clay.
Was this his choice? Was this the way?
To join the ranks of gods elite,
Would leave his mission incomplete.
Forever would the Mad Gear reign,
And strangle all in bloody chains.
Haggar felt his rage renew,
And in his mind bore witness to,
A vision of his ravaged land,
"No", thought he, "This will not stand!"
The path before Haggar was clear,
His duty was to end the Gear,
And thus he shunned this godly war,
Mayor was he, and nothing more.
A first in history's winding track,
The Aesir shown a mortal's back,
Odin flared, and in his ire,
Cast his gracious veil to fire.
"You, a human, have the gall,
To turn away from Asgard's halls?
What right have you to spurn my rule?
I the god of gods? You fool!
So be it, dog, you will not yield,
And thus your wretched fate is sealed.
By Odin's will, you'll serve your time.
Within the mists of Niflheim!"
And from the sky, a blinding light,
Shook the very earth that night,
A god's descent, his foolish pride,
Crushed 'neath Haggar's steel backside.
And though the battle was well fought,
It does provoke a dreadful thought,
Of champion's husks on darkness fed,
And all their vaunted valour bled.
Had not this man once stood defiant,
Against injustice, a noble giant?
Yet here he lay, his garments stained,
With ink of Franklins ill-obtained.
Are all great men assured to fall,
To gold's beguiling siren call?
Does our hero have his price?
Could he too succumb to vice?
And if from me your waiting ears,
Plaintive eyes and unshed tears,
Seek the answer to these questions,
Whom do you think this tale's about?
Some weepy whelp, a spineless sprout?
Outward bold and inward vile,
A turned coat for a paper pile?
This is not the ballad of Guy or Cody,
Saviours weak and frail and bony,
If you'll think back, and not too far,
Recall that I speak of Mike Haggar!
And so, pursuing evil's scent,
Haggar strode forth, his wrath unspent,
And I, your faithful balladeer,
Cry out in zealous joy, "Round Clear!"
Standard YouTube License
- 7:23 DEATH BATTLE! - Haggar VS Zangiefby ScrewAttack!Featured 1,427,318
- 10:58 UMK3: Hack Fatalities, Part 2by Hortyort's channel 85,286 views
- 10:49 UMK3: Hack Fatalitiesby Hortyort 158,384 views
- 4:28 The Best EVER: Retro Bossesby ScrewAttack! 296,656 views
- 6:38 Fighterpedia Episode 4: Ode to Grapplers: BALLAD OF THE BODY EXPLOSIONby Machinima 145,439 views
- Mike Haggar 2,301 videos2
- 2:02 Mike Ross Prepares for Evoby Steve Hwang 111,117 views
- 7:29 Mike Haggar vs Guile (Smackdown vs Raw 2011)by Fantasy Throwdown Wrestling 7,192 views
- 3:21 Moves Like Haggar Vol.2 (UMVC3 Changes)by Lvl5LazerBuddha 23,434 views
- 12:11 Balrog: Behind the Gloryby Chubby Boy Films 259,801 views
- 2:33 The Ballad of Brock Antonby creggerca 66,388 views
- 4:59 MvC3 - Mike Haggar's Theme EXTENDEDby DarkProwl 29,452 views
- 0:55 Don't mess with Rose.by Hortyort 4,203 views
- 4:15 Epic Rap Battles of MVC3: WESKER vs DOOM (Extended) *PARODY*by Miles923 1,033,227 views
- 3:02 The Silly Adventures of Mr. Mochi (an Oblivion Machinima)by theninjacowboy 1,576,120 views
- 1:18 Mike Haggar - Smackdown Vs Raw CAW (From Final Fight Series)by ThaPremiere1 61,294 views
- 4:55 The World Is Saved: Gamer Music Videoby IGN 741,739 views
- 6:40 The Lazer Collection 5by DFear Studios 5,357,242 views
- 6:48 Complete History Of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetrisby Pig with the Face of a Boy 3,376,691 views
- 0:57 Song of Skyrimby HarryPartridge 10,087,810 views
- 0:43 Ledah can't comprehend eggs.by Hortyort 3,813 views
- Loading more suggestions...