This video is unavailable.
Д.Медведев.Встреча Д.Медведева и Б.Обамы.08.07.09.Part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 8, 2009
President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev and President of the United States Barack Obama at Russian-American Business Summit.Part 1
July 8, 2009
Встреча Дмитрия Медведева и Президента США Барака Обамы с участниками российско-американского бизнес-форума.
7 июля 2009 года
PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA DMITRY MEDVEDEV: Ladies and gentlemen,
I would like to begin by welcoming everyone here. We are running a little bit late, but let me assure you, this is because we were working, as the President of the Russian Federation and the President of the United States do not meet that often.
Furthermore, President Obama has had a very busy day, and even this meeting with business leaders is not the last item on his agenda today.
It is my pleasure to make a few remarks. I will begin by saying that just recently, about a month ago, I met with many of the people present here today at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum. I am certain that some good discussions were held there, and Im sure that the discussions here today will also lead to practical results.
I think that nearly all the issues we needed to discuss have been brought up, but still I feel that it is my duty to make a few general remarks.
I would like to say that the United States of America is our nations long-standing and promising partner, a partner with whom we have many plans that have not yet been implemented. Even the difficulties that have existed between our states in the past and the affects of the crisis have not decreased the desire of our businesspeople to work on joint projects, which is wonderful.
Last year, as you recall, we had exceptional results in trade turnover between our two countries, although I would like to emphasise again that those figures could have been even higher. This year, we have had somewhat of a slowdown, but we can ensure that this slowdown is not extreme, so that cooperation between our nations accelerates in a variety of areas.
During our first meeting in London, the President and I made a joint statement that highlighted the need for new momentum in our trade and economic relations, expressing our unified stance that business leaders from both countries should use every opportunity to generate economic activity. The fact that so many businesspeople are present here today and that our business community is so widely represented serves as direct evidence of those opportunities.
I must mention that in terms of cooperation, at some moment the Russian and U.S. business communities were well ahead of the official organisations, especially in few recent years. Over the last several days, we have tried to fill in those gaps, and yesterday, as you know, we created the U.S.-Russia Bilateral Presidential Commission. The Commission addresses a variety of issues in cooperation, first and foremost through working groups that will work under the guidance of the ministers present here today. I think it is very good that the working group on developing trade, economic, investment, and business relations will be headed by Economic Development Minister Elvira Nabiullina and Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke.
Yesterday, we devoted a lot of time to discussing economics, though perhaps not as much as issues of global development and nuclear disarmament. Still, we had a productive discussion, and we feel that it is important to maintain positive attitudes within the business communities in our countries.
We also discussed some fairly practical issues. President Obama asked me whether Russia will be joining the World Trade Organisation. You already provided Russias answer at this forum. I would like to state again, on behalf of our nation, that we will be joining the World Trade Organisation. And we will do this with consideration of the progress that has been made in recent years.
The format may change, and we may need some additional agreements, but we do not want to lose any of the ground that we have gained in the last few years. The road turned out to be long and difficult, and quite frankly, we are a little tired of it, as we have been waiting for sixteen years. But we will hope that some reformatting will allow us to come to an arrangement as quickly as possible.
Investment is very important, and we fully welcome the diversification of American investments in our country. In addition to investing in the oil and gas sector where they already have some presence, we would very much like for our American partners to invest in other sectors as well: traditional Russian industries, as well as the high-tech sector.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:56 Д.Медведев.Встреча Д.Медведева и Б.Обамы.08.07.09.Part 2by niknikolay 2,792 views
- 2:22 Alien invasion confirmed by Russian PMby TheNetDaily 113,135 views
- 0:51 В.В.Жириновский о Барак Обамаby tvregion 1,052,947 views
- 5:31 Rusya Federasyonu Devlet Başkanı ve Eşi'nin Ziyaretleri-1by fermucan40 5,015 views
- 1:01 Warm Reception?by Bigone5555J 12,675 views
- 0:59 Svetlana Medvedeva otkryla v podmoskovnom Dmitrove dom detskogo tvorchestva 30.11.11by Евгения Котенко 1,545 views
- 6:25 Климат. Обама и Медведев в Копенгагенеby 3kanal 1,076 views
- 4:24 Танец Медведева объединил весь мирby rolikmedvedev 2,454,695 views
- 3:26 Частушки Путина и Медведева 2012 / Couplets of Putin and Medvedev in 2012by Karamba115 792,586 views
- 1:05 Fuori onda di Medvedev: ''Gli alieni sono tra noi'' PREMIER RUSSOby Valentino Coser 19,499 views
- 0:45 Putin, Medvedevby katrin1003 1,721 views
- 1:36 Obama and Putin in Moscow / Встреча Путина и Обамы в Москвеby pavitomexy 4,785 views
- 1:48 Обама послал Медведева к черту!by myducksvision 1,180,668 views
- 5:22 Обычаи - Ефим Шифринby Alexandr S 102,977 views
- 1:23 Russian President Dmitry Medvedev flies warplaneby Sanguebon 25,120 views
- 1:10 Medvedev talks about aliens on Earth! (English Subs)by videogamestivi 148,325 views
- 0:56 Барак Обама назвал Путина президентомby tvmixatv 82,803 views
- 0:50 Was Russian President Medvedev Drunk at G-8?by EUXTV 973,333 views
- 3:30 5 принципов Медведева.by KlimovAlexey 774 views
- 2:11 50-летие научного сотрудничества между РАН и НАН США.by usembassyru 908 views
- Loading more suggestions...