Professor Geoffrey Crossick, Adapting to Disruptive Times Conference 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 6, 2011
Professor Geoffrey Crossick, Vice-Chancellor, University of London, speaks about trends in HE provision amongst institutions and potential potential trends in governmental policy.
Professor Crossick became VC of the University of London in September 2010, moving to the post after five years as Warden of Goldsmiths. He had been Chief Executive of the Arts & Humanities Research Board between 2002 and 2005, taking it through to its establishment as a full research council.
Professor Crossick plays a prominent role in national higher education policy making and debate, and is a member of the Board of Universities UK and its Policy Networks for both Research and Funding, as well as being a member of the Enterprise & Skills Committee of the Higher Education Funding Council for England. He is Chair of the university sector's Financial Sustainability Strategy Group. His essay The future is more than just tomorrow: higher education, the economy and the longer term was published by Universities UK in September 2010.
A Trustee of the National Maritime Museum, a member of the Governing Board of the Courtauld Institute of Art and a member of the British Library Advisory Council, Geoffrey is also Chair of the Board of Governance of Trinity Long Room Hub, the arts and humanities research centre of Trinity College.
The Adapting to Disruptive Times: Emerging Models for HE Provision Conference was held by the University of London International Programmes and the Observatory in November 2011. The aim of the conference was to discuss disruptive challenges to higher education, how the sector is adapting, the role of new players, and to perform some informed 'crystal ball-gazing'.
For more information about the University of London International Programmes visit http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/
Standard YouTube License
Next in Borderless Education Lectures
- 29:46 RIDE2011: Learning the unlearnable - Professor Richard Nossby UniofLondon 539 views
- 43:34 The Online Revolution: Education at Scaleby UniofLondon 5,955 views
- 12:28 Roxanne Stockwell, Adapting to Disruptive Times Conference 2011by UniofLondon 439 views
- 5:14 Part 7a Developing Emergent Strategy Part 1.flvby RexSmith811 735 views
- 29:37 Subject and Object in Whistler: The Context of Physiological Aestheticsby FreerSackler 120 views
- 37:13 Charles Kesler on the Grand Liberal Projectby HooverInstitution 4,657 views
- 58:29 Higher Education Finance Reform: Lessons from Tennesseeby CSGovts 71 views
- 3:47 Highlights from Vegas 2006/Emergent Strategyby ebaydeveloper 1,996 views
- 2:15 Keepers of the Water IVby FSINVIDS 301 views
- 4:12 Part 7b Developing Emergent Strategy Part 2.flv.flvby RexSmith811 319 views
- 0:28 Emergent Thinkingby Mel Schwartz 848 views
- 25:41 General Electric Theater - Winner By Decisionby ScreenStageAndSong 9 views
- 2:47 Strategy Planning - Analytical Versus Emergent Approachesby UIC HPA 518 views
- 17:45 Ken Sloan, Adapting to Disruptive Times Conference 2011by UniofLondon 320 views
- 9:39 Strategic Perspectives 2009 Chuck Missler part 1by Malua Fever 19,063 views
- 6:01 Overview: Adapting to Disruptive Times Conference 2011by UniofLondon 596 views
- 12:58 Dr Malcolm Read, Adapting to Disruptive Times Conference 2011by UniofLondon 148 views
- 4:36 How Do I Become a More Educated Investor?by BuckAssetManagement 578 views
- 58:15 ECCO/GBI seminar. Peter Csermely: Modular evolution and adaptation in complex systems (I part)by GlobalBrainInstitute 16 views