Many Ogilvy Hands: 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 15, 2012
In March 2012, I traveled to Uganda with other volunteers from Ogilvy London to help build and teach in a rural community, Buikwe. Each of us had to raise a certain amount of money which funded our trip and helped fund the cause. A few years ago, Ogilvy teamed up with International Needs on a project whereby the agency would send volunteers to the village 3 times a year to help build a secondary school. The village at that time only had a primary school where education for the children stopped at 14. The secondary school, which is now almost complete, brings education, and therefore, freedom to many young talented people in the community. Whilst there, we are introduced to the sponsorship program which exists to aid those who have no funds to attend the school being built. In all honesty, this is most families.
By donating £20 a month, a child at the junior school is able to move on to the secondary school and further their education.
It is also worth mentioning you will never come across a more enthusiastic group of kids, desperate to learn and willing to walk up to 3km a day to get to and from school.
I sponsor a 7 year old boy named Brian who now has a chance to fulfill his dream. In reality, without an education in this part of Uganda, a girl will most likely get pregnant, with no money to support a family, never mind herself. £20 is what I would spend on a shop at Tesco's for a night's dinner and perhaps some chocolate and a magazine. Perspective much? I feel so honoured to have been given this opportunity and would encourage anyone and everyone to explore what you can do to help your community, a community, if everyone did, I'm sure life would be better for more people, including yourself.
I filmed this with an iphone and my a+ boyfriend, partner, companion, gpt.sunbeam, helped me edit this to a point where it could be enjoyable despite my shaky hand...
Hope you enjoy, and please visit www.manyogilvyhands.com if you'd like to know more or get involved in some way.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:35 ManyOgilvyHANDS2012by amy mabin 172 views
- 59:21 Bankers Fixing The System story about banking industry in 2012 BBC documentary series1 episode2by newdocumentary13 9,614 views
- 3:31 JUNE 1, 2013 NATIONAL CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DAYby Thepoliticalport 639 views
- 49:47 The Banker Who Knew Too Much HDby batuchkar 43,654 views
- 28:02 Money to be Made on Immigration Reform? Gerald Celente Blasts The Temple of Money Lenders [PR E12]by CapitalWatch 1,173 views
- 4:04 David Ogilvy: Essentialsby Ad Week 11,848 views
- 3:45 Percy Bartley House Pre-rejuvenationby amy mabin 566 views
- 59:15 Bankers Risking It All Episode 2 story about banking industry in 2012 BBC documentaryby grahamNhaveigotnews 2,119 views
- 3:58 Many Ogilvy Hands - BACK-WAX for charity! - Joe Evangelistaby ManyOgilvyHands 149 views
- 38:40 W.A.N. 5-14-13 The public banking option with Ellen Brown #N3by crabbydogtrix 1,833 views
- 6:01 Crossing the Pond Working with the Media in the UK and USAby Ogilvy Public Relations 112 views
- 7:00 Many Ogilvy Hands - Trip 1by OgilvyFellowships 98 views
- 2:28 OgilvyAction London's Netball Team Calendar Shoot 2012by OgilvyActionLondon 555 views
- 12:45 Google Adwords Advertising & Free Website Giveawayby KingHuman - The Biggest Idiot On Youtube 1,849 views
- 9:55 The Biggest, Most Corrupt Bank Scheme That's Not Being Stoppedby The Young Turks 44,527 views
- 6:59 David Ogilvy: We Sell or Elseby OgilvyGroup01 104,113 views
- 2:01 2 Minutes, One Fact—What Philippine Government Did and Said to Taiwanby 碧玲 管 273,941 views
- 3:35 Ogilvy Entertainment UK Showreelby Ogilvy&MatherUK 1,118 views
- 1:12 best banking advertisingby Vladislav Solodkiy 19,022 views
- 2:48 Kyrie Irving Challenges Kobe Bryantby DukeBluePlanet 4,435,692 views
- Loading more suggestions...