Uploaded on Nov 9, 2007
Kaha jata hay kay Lata apni Sultanat mein kisi aur female singer ki hukmrani bardasht nahi karti thein.. Isi waja say bahut si female singers ko jaisay hi Indian Movies mein pasand kiya jata Lata unko apnay liay khatra samajhtay huay unka career khatam karnay mein numayan kirdar ada kartien... like Suman Kalyanpur, Sudha Malhotra, Vani Jayram, Anuradha, Runa Laila (who want there and sang Do Dewanay Shehr mein for Gulzar's Gharonda). She din spare seniors like Shamshad Begum, Geeta Dutt and even her own sister Asha Bhosle (who complained in a Tv interview that Lata never helped her in singing or in career or in any way. Its also claimed that the increasing popularity of Madam Noor Jehan especially after Noor Jehan and Rafi Duet (Yahan Badla Wafa ka Bewafai ke siwa kya hay) for Feroz Nizami's Jugnu forced Lata to indirectly pressurise Noor Jehan n Shaukat Rizvi to leave India. (True or False but it proved to be a Blessing in Disguise for Pak Films)
Suman Kalyanpur survived for a bit longer cuz she sang for c-class movies majorly and thus wasnt a big threat to Lata. Yet she has some glorious songs to her credit.
Heres a list of Suman's 12 Best Duets with Rafi Sahab :-)
1. Ajahun aaye Baalma, a classic from Saanjh Aur Savera, a Shankar-Jaikishan composition.
2. Aaj Kal Ter Mere, a lilting melody from the same composers.
3. Dil-e-Betaab ko seene se Lagaana hoga, a melliflous composition from the rich repertoire of Naushaad Saab
4. Chand takta hai Idhar, from Doojh ka chand by Roshan Saab.
5. Itna hai tumse pyaar mujhe, a romantic song from Suraj-another S-J contribution.
6. Baad Muddat se yeh ghadi aayee, a song based on Chaaya nut raga from the ghazal maestro Madan Mohan from Jahan Ara.
7. Ke jaan chali jaaye, from the film Anjaana, a Laxmi-Pyare composition.
8. Maine ae Jaane Wafaa Tumse Mohabbat ki hai from Bedaag-Roshan Saab.
9. Tumse O Haseena Kabhi Mohabbat, from the film Farz, another Laxmi-Pyare contribution.
10. Na Na Karte pyaar tumhin Se kar Baithe, from Jab Jab Pjool Khile,a Kalyanji-Anandji composition.
11. Thehriye Hosh Mein Aaloon , a beautifully romantic contribution Of Khayyam Saab from Mohabbat Isko Kehte Hain.
12. Mujhe yeh phool na de tere dilbharon ki kasam from Gazal-a Madan Mohan product.
Enjoy a Duet .. Much More to Come Laterz if I get Feedback :-)
Standard YouTube License