The Beatles - She Loves You
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 26, 2010
PLEASE NOTE: I divided my uploads between multiple channels, Bookmark this link in your browser for instant access to an index with links to all of John1948's oldies classics. LINK: http://tinyurl.com/Channel-Index
The Beatles were an English rock band, formed in Liverpool in 1960, and are often recognized as the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed act in popular music. From 1962 the group consisted of John Lennon (rhythm guitar, vocals), Paul McCartney (bass guitar, vocals), George Harrison (lead guitar, vocals) and Ringo Starr (drums, vocals). Rooted in skiffle and 1950s rock and roll, the group later worked in many genres ranging from folk rock to psychedelic rock, often incorporating classical and other elements in innovative ways. The nature of their enormous popularity, which first emerged as the "Beatlemania" fad, transformed as their songwriting grew in sophistication. The group came to be perceived as the embodiment of progressive ideals, seeing their influence extend into the social and cultural revolutions of the 1960s.
Initially with a five-piece line-up of Lennon, McCartney, Harrison, Stuart Sutcliffe (bass) and Pete Best (drums), The Beatles built their reputation in Liverpool and Hamburg clubs over a three-year period from 1960. Sutcliffe left the group in 1961, and Best was replaced by Starr the following year. Moulded into a professional outfit by music store owner Brian Epstein after he offered to act as the group's manager, and with their musical potential enhanced by creativity of producer George Martin, The Beatles achieved mainstream success in the United Kingdom in late 1962 with their first single, "Love Me Do". Gaining international popularity over the course of the next year, they toured extensively until 1966, then retreated to the recording studio until their break-up in 1970. Each then found success in an independent musical career. Lennon was murdered outside his home in New York City in 1980, and Harrison died of cancer in 2001. McCartney and Starr remain active.
During their studio years, The Beatles produced what critics consider some of their finest material including the album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967), widely regarded as a masterpiece. Four decades after their break-up, The Beatles' music continues to be popular. The Beatles have had more number one albums on the UK charts, and held down the top spot longer, than any other musical act. According to RIAA certifications, they have sold more albums in the United States than any other artist. In 2008, Billboard magazine released a list of the all-time top-selling Hot 100 artists to celebrate the US singles chart's fiftieth anniversary, with The Beatles at number one. They have been honoured with 7 Grammy Awards, and they have received 15 Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. The Beatles were collectively included in Time magazine's compilation of the 20th century's 100 most influential people.
"She Loves You" is a song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney based on an idea by McCartney, originally recorded by The Beatles for release as a single in 1963. The single set and surpassed several records in the United Kingdom charts, and set a record in the United States by being one of the five Beatles songs which held the top five positions in the American charts simultaneously. It is The Beatles' best-selling single in the United Kingdom, and was the best selling single in Britain in 1963.
"She Loves You" was credited to "Lennon/McCartney" as were all subsequent songs written by the pair and released during the remainder of the band's tenure. With the exception of the single version of "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You", all prior songs were credited as "McCartney/Lennon". The sequence was a source of controversy when McCartney changed it to "McCartney/Lennon" for some live versions released later in his career.
This was the first song by The Beatles to be heard by a substantial number of Americans; the only United States release by The Beatles that had even charted before that was "From Me to You", which lasted three weeks in August 1963, never going higher than number 116.
In November 2004, Rolling Stone ranked "She Loves You" as the 64th Greatest Song of All Time. In October 2005, Uncut magazine named "She Loves You" as the third biggest song that changed the world, behind Elvis Presley's "Heartbreak Hotel" and Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone".
In August 2009, at the end of its "Beatles Weekend", BBC Radio 2 announced that "She Loves You" was The Beatles' all-time best-selling single in the UK based on information compiled by The Official Charts Company.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:31 The Beatles - Please Please Me.by Cristhian Alfredo Pinedo GamarraFeatured 3,080,490
- 46:02 The Making Of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band ( Full )by Bualadhcraicinn 16,164 views
- 2:37 The Beatles - Ticket To Ride (Shea Stadium - Aug 15, 1965)by John1948OneC3 353,438 views
- 3:32 John Lennon - Imagineby Aviv Ben Israel 39,283,805 views
- 2:31 The Beatles - Yesterday (1966)_HQby nyrainbow4 2,057,431 views
- 47:49 The Beatles - Abbey Road (Complete Album) HQby TheSoundOfPlanet 81,819 views
- 2:02 The Beatles - Do You Want to Know a Secretby beatlemusical 1,698,768 views
- 118 videos Play all The Beatlesby cleats98
- 1:30:01 THE BEATLES - Yellow Submarine VOSTFR (1968)by cloud0091 30,083 views
- 16:54 The Beatles - Live - Blackpool Night Out, 1965 (Full Concert)by Nikola Vernerová 104,451 views
- 2:48 The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Handby tooshortxdanao 24,502,320 views
- 8:41 Deconstructing Paperback Writerby judaharrison58 8,958 views
- 2:48 The Beatles- Twist n Shout(Official Video)by Brad Dilon 11,168,497 views
- 45:03 The Beatles - The Black Album (Disc 2)by GeoBeatles 15,055 views
- 47:33 The Beatles - Abbey Road (Full Album)by rea12326 16,578 views
- 2:19:49 The Beatles The Alternate Sgt. Pepper's & a Little Moreby Eddie Graf 12,049 views
- 35:34 The Beatles: Rubber Soul (Full Album)by beakerfan8 44,468 views
- 38:17 The Beatles - Live Washington Coliseum 1964 (Washington D.C) - 1080pby Peace2367 45,250 views
- 2:26 The Beatles - She Loves Youby cmsellers01 103,170 views
- 1:27:50 A Hard Day's Night Película completa (Subtitulada al español)by ILoveRock51 92,094 views
- 1:33:30 The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) (Full Album) - 1968by FullRockAlbums 52,996 views
- Loading more suggestions...