Chef Gary's Heart Healthy Chicken Souvlaki
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 19, 2013
Chef Gary joined Tyler Ryan with a heart healthy Chicken Souvlaki recipe. Check it out HERE:
3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Tzatziki Sauce (cucumber sauce):
1/2 cup seeded, shredded cucumber
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
kosher salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 large pita bread rounds
1 heart of romaine lettuce, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, halved and sliced
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup pepperoncini
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinaigrette, juice from 1/2 lemon, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon black
pepper. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over the chicken, seal, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
Toss the shredded cucumber with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and allow to sit at least 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt, sour cream, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, rice vinegar, and olive oil. Season with garlic, fresh dill, and Greek seasoning. Squeeze the cucumber to remove any excess water; stir into sauce.
Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Remove chicken from marinade and place on prepared grill. Discard remaining marinade.
Cook chicken until juices run clear, about 8 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from heat, and allow to sit about 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
Place pita rounds on the grill, and cook for about 2 minutes, until warm, turning frequently to avoid burning. Arrange warmed pita, sliced chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato, olives, and pepperoncini on a serving platter. Serve tzatziki sauce and feta cheese in separate bowls on the side. Stuff pita pockets with chicken and toppings to serve.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:33 Greek Baked Shrimp With Orzo Feta Recipe : Greek Cookingby eHow FoodFeatured 119
- 6:41 Looking for the right way to speak your heart through flowers? Go local.by WACH Fox 113 views
- 4:21 Aries Spears on his baby momma and other random ramblingsby WACHFOX 1,161 views
- 3:31 Trayvon Martin's shooting death may affect South Carolina lawby WACHFOX 300 views
- 3:08 Catching the Catfish: Finding the identity of your online dateby WACHFOX 367 views
- 3:19 Orestis' Kouzina "Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Chef OH" (Orestis Hillas)by FotisAndSonImports 9,693 views
- 8:11 Greek Stuffed Tomatoes (Best Baked Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe)by HowToExpo Cooking! 24,515 views
- 1:54 Marinade à souvlakiby rckks21 784 views
- 10:22 Greek SOUVLAKI Video Recipe_part oneby GreekFoodVideos 2,161 views
- 9:09 Westin Riverfront Pool Cover and Tent Time Lapseby TentGuy1986 385 views
- 5:45 SBS Food: Lyndey & Blair's Recipe - Pork Souvlaki With Skordaliaby SBSFood 1,135 views
- 10:11 how to make baba ganoush from scratchby ihath 10,170 views
- 7:09 SurfinSapos Souvlakiby CookinWithSurfinSapo 946 views
- 5:21 How to Make Chicken Souvlakiby DailyWebTV 6,608 views
- 4:17 Feta Saganaki Recipe : Greek Recipesby cookingguide 2,481 views
- 4:09 Greek Souvlaki (Souvlakia) (Shish-Kebabs)by ThursdayForDinner 81,301 views
- 4:39 Greek Recipes - How to Make Spanokopita (Greek Spinach Pie)by rouxbe 49,259 views
- 8:05 Chicken Souvlaki, Tzatziki, Watermelon and Feta Saladby kidswholovetocook 117 views
- 9:25 How to make Moussakaby twofreshproductions 95,961 views
- 5:34 It's All Greek To Me Episode 1by ItsAllGreekToMeTV 1,891 views
- Loading more suggestions...