Published on Apr 25, 2012
Presented on 4/25/12 by: Dr. Gail Williams
This training will include answers to questions that parents may have if they suspect a diagnosis of autism, including:
1) Can we screen for autism?
2) Where can I go to get definitive diagnosis?
3) What services should my child be receiving?
The webinar will also include questions once a diagnosis of autism has been made, including:
1) What medical problems are more common in autism?
2) How do I address sleep and eating issues?
3) What is the risk of having a second child with autism?
4) Should genetic testing be done?
5) What role does medication play in the treatment of autism?
6) What about alternative biomedical treatments for autism?
The webinar will provide an overview of the more common concerns that parents often share with their pediatricians regarding early identification, treatment and common medical and behavioral issues.