Edwin Vieira Interview with James Turk
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 10, 2011
James Turk interviews Edwin Vieira, author of "Pieces of Eight: The Monetary Powers and Disabilities of the United States Constitution". For more info visit http://www.goldmoney.com/goldmoney-fo...
Edwin talks about how his book came to be and the new editions. He explains the role that the gold commission hearings and Ron Paul played. He also says how important and urgent monetary reform is for the United States and how the best chance of reform comes at the state level.
James and Edwin discuss constitutional money in the USA and the authority of states to use gold and silver as legal tender, as well as legal precedent from the Supreme Court. Edwin talks about how several states are contemplating legislation to allow gold and silver as alternative currencies.
He also explains the Treasury's legal obligation to maintain parity between all forms of US currency, about Roosevelt's gold seizure, the gold reserve act and the abolition of the gold clause. They talk about the need for insurance against a currency collapse and how alternative currencies could play that role. They discuss the stark choice that follows a currency collapse: How the US reacted after the collapse of the Continental Dollar by enshrining sound money in the Constitution vs. how Weimar Germany drifted into fascism.
Edwin explains how States have the legal duty and authority to carry out monetary reform and given the deadlock in Washington must take the initiative to prepare for the coming crisis. Edwin and James stress the need for a rational currency system which allows for economic calculation, and decry the current fiat, politically driven, irrational monetary system as incompatible with a free market and a focus of financial instability.
They both talk about the current lack of financial education, they liken the alternative currency initiatives by State legislatures to building lifeboats for the Titanic that is the US Dollar and talk about the different things that can be done to prepare for its impending sinking. They also return to the Continental Dollar and how America's founding fathers were able to learn from their mistakes by enshrining sound money in the Constitution and how with today's technology we could do even better.
Standard YouTube License
- 17:29 Peter Schiff: Coming debt crisis will make 2008 look like a Sunday school picnicby Cambridge HouseFeatured 83,853
- 47:51 Chris Martenson and James Turk talk about Europe and the global economyby GoldMoneyNews 42,669 views
- 33:21 Eric Sprott interview with James Turkby GoldMoneyNews 25,631 views
- 22:17 Bill Murphy explains what GATA knows about the gold marketby GoldMoneyNews 4,629 views
- 32:54 Eric Sprott talks to James Turk in Munichby GoldMoneyNews 45,204 views
- 58:54 FIAT EMPIRE: Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitutionby OriginalIntentDoc 41,564 views
- 10:37 Why Did Silver & Gold Collapse? Mike Maloney and Chris Martensonby whygoldandsilver 101,097 views
- 2:16:06 Gold not Silverby realnollymovies 167,783 views
- 15:00 $400 Silver, James Turk Price Target!by Transferofwealth 66,710 views
- 3:05:34 Alex Jones Show: Thursday (11-15-12) Edwin Vieira Jr. & Lew Rockwellby ConspiracyScope 8,303 views
- 14:59 Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr., Ph.D., J.D. - Speech at GATA Washington Conference April 17-19 2008by magichandpuppet 1,615 views
- 41:54 James G. Rickards talks to James Turkby GoldMoneyNews 43,759 views
- 6:27 James Turk on CNBC - Gold Predictions (KB Gold)by KBGoldDreamTeam 4,650 views
- 25:19 David Tice talks to James Turkby GoldMoneyNews 8,484 views
- 1:21:28 Why Gold & Silver? Mike Maloney Tells All About Investing In Precious Metalsby whygoldandsilver 294,571 views
- 11:36 'America will collapse'by RussiaToday 703,745 views
- 9:56 Part 1/5 Edwin Vieira at Faneuil Hall Dec 14 2008by Junk4Q2 2,291 views
- 59:03 Mike Maloney: Today's Low Gold & Silver Prices Are Not Realisticby ChrisMartensondotcom 49,810 views
- 8:14 Why is Gold and Silver pulling back? Whats next?by McalvanyFinancial 28,578 views
- 12:37 James Turk: Goldpreis - Kursziel 8.000 Dollar!by DAFChannel 9,521 views
- Loading more suggestions...