Blue Sway | Paul McCartney
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 7, 2011
Paul McCartney recruited award-winning surf filmmaker Jack McCoy to create a music video for his previously unreleased track "Blue Sway." Written nearly 20 years ago, McCartney's never-before released song, "Blue Sway," is available for the first time on the bonus audio disc of the special edition of McCartney II. The music video created by McCoy is also featured on the bonus DVD included in the set. McCartney II will be released on June 14th by MPL and Concord Music Group.
Jack McCoy has been capturing the surfing vision in a truly unique way. Using a high powered underwater jet ski, the filmmaker found that he was able to travel behind a wave, creating underwater images that have never been seen before.
Over the past couple of years, McCoy set out to capture footage for his surf film, A Deeper Shade of Blue. During the editing process, McCoy put one of his surfing sequences to a song off McCartney's The Fireman album. A mutual friend, Chris Thomas, saw the footage while visiting McCoy in Australia, and when he returned to the UK he gave McCartney a copy of the sequence.
"Paul was pretty stoked with what I'd created. He immediately thought my images might be suitable to go with his unreleased song "Blue Sway." said McCoy.
McCoy spent the next six weeks creating the music video, while also working full days on making A Deeper Shade of Blue. McCoy compiled and edited footage that he filmed off Tahiti's Teahupoo reef to create what became the "Blue Sway" video.
"When I saw Jack McCoy's underwater surfing footage put to the soundtrack of "Blue Sway" I was blown away," said McCartney.
"Blue Sway" won 'Best Music Video' at NYC BE FILM Short Festival this past May, and the video will be featured as part of Surfrider Foundation's summer PSA campaign. Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit grassroots organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world's oceans, waves and beaches.
For more information about the McCartney II : http://paulmccartney.com.
For more information on Jack McCoy's A Deeper Shade of Blue: http://adeepershadeofblue.com
For more information on Surfrider Foundation: http://surfrider.org.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Blue Sway [With Richard Niles Orchestration] (2011 Remaster)" on
- 48 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Blue Sway | Paul McCartney
- 9:41 Penn Point - Paul McCartney's drummer better than Ringo Starr? - Penn Pointby pennpoint Featured 90,012
- 3:42 The McCartney family talk about 'Linda McCartney, Life In Photographs'by PAULMCCARTNEY551,063 views
- 42:52 Paul McCartney - UStream Webchatby PAULMCCARTNEY109,571 views
- 3:24 Happy Birthday Ringoby PAULMCCARTNEY282,682 views
- 3:47 (I Want To) Come Home by Paul McCartneyby PAULMCCARTNEY616,240 views
- Paul McCartney 135,544 videos370
- 38:43 Paul McCartney - "McCartney II" [Full Album]by LennMcHarriStarr6441,137 views
- 4:36 Paul McCartney - Dance Tonight ft. Natalie Portmanby PaulMcCartneyVEVO1,521,644 views
- 4:02 Mick Jagger inducts The Beatles - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions 1988by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum1,011,976 views
- 10 videos Play all Deluxe Firemanby kuba99pp
- 3:09 George Harrison Talks About Paul McCartneyby Lord Basil653,347 views
- 10:33 Paul & Linda McCartney Interview [Wogan '1987]by Macca Rare Videos173,884 views
- 45:00 Howard Stern Show : Sir Paul McCartney Interview 10/08/13by M076n7139,573 views
- 4:19 Paul McCartney Guitarist Brian Rayby Gibson Guitar42,026 views
- 7:42 Yesterday - Here There And Everywhere - Wanderlust / Paul McCartney & Ringo Starrby Kiyoshi Sakurai358,225 views
- 2:49 Paul McCartney - Blackbird (Live)by PaulMcCartneyVids1,764,672 views
- 9:04 Paul McCartney X Factor Finals 2009by sloppybobble235,172 views
- 3:32 Paul McCartney - Hello, Goodbye [live, US Tour '2002]by Macca Rare Videos671,473 views
- 2:09:46 Rockshow (Full Concert)by JimmyMcCullochFan192,596 views
- 9:17 Paul Mccartney on David Letterman - Part 1 of 3by jobrosrocksox343,621 views