Sarah Fimm-Red Yellow Sun (from the Sparkle Park)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 22, 2012
Video by Heyrick Chasse
From June 10th-June 30th the small park at the Bear Complex (the area directly behind the Bearsville Theater itself), will be sprinkled with thousands of small mirrors for an art installation entitled, 'Mirrors of Near Infinite Possibility'. Also known to Sarah as "The Sparkle Park". The presentation is meant to honor artists both living and departed. During the day, a stunning array of twinkles will become visible. At night, thousands of glowing small worlds will be illuminated. The names of visionary musicians, artists and poets who have in some way contributed to the inspiration for this project, will glow all night long beside the river. 3-D Glasses will be available for those who visit the installation from 5-8 p.m! During these visiting hours we will be creating spontaneous acoustic music, art projects, and constructing a small pocket of optical magic in the woods, where reality can be momentarily suspended.
On June 30th, the final evening of the Sparkle Park Installation there will be a gala celebration featuring a concert performance at the theater, by Sarah Fimm joined by many notable Woodstock musicians. Artwork from the international collective of artists known as 'Inspire Art', will be projected inside the main theater as we celebrate into the night.
In honor of Ian Sharp (February 17th, 1978 -- March 25th, 2012)
Performing artists include the following:
Joel Bluestein, David Baron, Danny Blume, Andrew Shober, Manuel Quintana , Pete Caigan , Peter Buettner, Jeffrey Barnes, Denise Parent , Jeremy Bernstein, The Hooligans
Show: Saturday, June 30th, 7:30PM
Where: Bearsville Theater
291 Tinker St.
Woodstock, NY 12498
To purchase tickets go to http://www.sarahfimm.com/tour
All donations and ticket sales collected during the installation and the show on June 30th will go directly to the SEVA Foundation.
Co-founded by the legendary Wavy Gravy, the SEVA foundation is working fiercely to prevent blindness in underdeveloped communities around the globe and to build a better future for Native American communities by empowering their leaders and planting seeds for change. More information about Seva can be found at http://www.seva.org.
June 18, 2012 a life-sized sculpture entitled 'Ghost Dancer', has been placed within Sarah Fimm's outdoor Sparkle Park behind the Bearsville Theater, located at 291 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY 12498. When wearing proper eye-wear within the Sparkle Park he will appear suspended in thousands of rainbows. Ghost Dancer will remain on location until July 1st!
Lucinda Abra is a local artist who has both shown regionally, in New York City and in Europe. The sculpture Ghost Dancer came to Abra in a dream. At a time when we must chose how to best integrate serving our planet and our selves, the sculpture represents the dichotomy between the Native Americans who once lived in our localities within a natural environment and the overwhelming amount of plastic and artificiality that has replaced their way of life. For more on how this sculpture was created go to her website: www.abraart.com
For more information on Sarah Fimm and all upcoming projects: http://www.sarahfimm.com or visit http://www.sarahfimm.com/sparklepark
Standard YouTube License
- 4:51 Sarah Fimm - Black Girl a.k.a In the Pinesby Sarah Fimm1,362 views
- 3:46 Everything Becomes Whole-Sarah Fimm (The Barn Sessions-Live)by Sarah Fimm2,323 views
- 5:23 Sarah Fimm - Crumbs and Broken Shells (Live from the Sun Mountain Room)by Sarah Fimm1,620 views
- 2:49 Sarah Fimm - Red Yellow Sunby Sarah Fimm414 views
- 5:56 Sarah Fimm-Flames (Live at Clubhouse Studio)by Sarah Fimm3,766 views
- 0:35 Sarah Fimm Greeting (from the Sparkle Park)by Sarah Fimm526 views
- 5:40 Sarah Fimm-Crumbs and Broken Shells (Live w/ Tony Levin)by Sarah Fimm379 views
- 4:43 Sing - Sarah Fimmby Sarah Fimm727 views
- 3:45 Sycamore Trees-Sarah Fimm (The Barn Sessions-Live)by Sarah Fimm3,138 views
- 11:44 Miguel Zenon presents Caravana Cultural - Tribute to Duke Ellington & Juan Tizol (Caravan)by Miguel Zenon628 views
- 3:40 Hiding - John Andrews and Sarah Fimm (The Barn Sessions-Live)by Sarah Fimm2,615 views
- 12:43 Sonny ROLLINS à Marseille 25 juillet 2012by claude vesco9,621 views
- 5:17 Sarah Fimm - Fragileby obscuremusichere957 views
- 8:54 Sarah Fimm - Shadows and Dustby KYLUVSM3,337 views
- 3:43 Flames - Sarah Fimmby Sarah Fimm1,348 views
- 3:23 Don't Let it Bring You Down-Sarah Fimm (The Barn Sessions-Live)by Sarah Fimm9,171 views
- 15:38 Reggie Watts: Humor in musicby poptech1,232,752 views
- 0:26 A Perfect Dream- Sarah Fimmby Sarah Fimm310 views
- 6:22 Pete Zimmer Quartet w. George Garzone, Peter Bernstein, Peter Slavovby Tippin' Records2,082 views
- 5:10 Sarah Fimm - Violet - Red Yellow Sunby Jovi Ahm1,145 views
- Loading more suggestions...