Thriving in the Era of Rabid Collaboration
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 20, 2010
OCIO Presents: Brad Wheeler, VP and CIO at Indiana University, on April 14th at Boalt Hall: Thriving in the Era of Rabid Collaboration
As the discovery phase of the Operational Excellence initiative comes to a close and we begin the solutions design process, it is clear that technology will play a critical role in the enablement of many of the solutions. A key question we need to consider is how cloud computing offerings and community-developed software solutions like Sakai and Kuali will factor into the campus future.
Dr. Brad Wheeler, a nationally respected higher education technology leader and an active pioneer of new models of collaboration that have changed the economics of information technology in higher education, will share his thoughts on this topic. Dr. Wheeler will speak about the opportunities and challenges that cloud computing and collaborative solutions development present for higher education, followed by a conversation between myself and Dr Wheeler on the potential impact related to some of the OE findings as well and an opportunity for audience Q & A.
Dr. Brad Wheeler, Indiana Universitys vice president for information technology and chief information officer, leads IT services for IUs eight campuses. These services include research, educational, administrative, networking, and other shared IT services. He has co-founded some of higher educations most transformative software and service collaborations including the Sakai Project for teaching and learning software, Kuali for financial and other administrative systems, and the HathiTrust for digital copies of scanned books as part of the Google Book Project. These projects are a blend of both open source and traditional development models that have grown to an ecosystem encompassing over $60M of pooled investments from 50 institutions and 22 commercial firms. He is a professor of information systems in IUs Kelley School of Business, and has taught executive programs for corporate and MBA audiences on six continents.
- 1:38:10 David Gross - The Coming Revolutions in Fundamental Physicsby UCBerkeleyEvents6,488 views
- 1:04:45 Opencast Project Open House at UC Berkeleyby UCBerkeleyEvents64,700 views
- 1:12:25 Revisiting García Márquez Among the Bananasby UCBerkeleyEvents1,323 views
- 55:52 Surviving the Storm: Environmental Policy Reform in Unstable Political Systemsby UCBerkeleyEvents331 views
- 1:56:03 Declining by Degrees: Higher Education at Riskby Bamboo Invasion22,473 views
- 1:02:47 The College Conspiracy - Full.by RevolutionistsUnited28,616 views
- 54:19 Kuali 101 at Kuali Days 2011 Brad Wheelerby KualiFoundation632 views
- 26:47 Scholarslip: A documentary about the student debt crisisby JAT Productions66,021 views
- 7:37 Kelley School of Business MBA Associationby Vinay Kolluru738 views
- 0:03 Bill Clinton: "The Era of Big-Government is Over"by RonaldReaganVIDEO8,866 views
- 12:44 Kelley School of Business 2011 India Nightby Ben Cober605 views
- 9:58 The Story of the Digital Bookby CDLMassdig2,178 views
- 9:03 IT (Information Technology) Career Path Guidelineby 정철호128,007 views
- 9:29 Kelley School of Business MSIS Program Video for Prospective Studentsby johnellehenry1,474 views
- 7:25 Communities of Practice Using Wiki by Dr. Brand Niemannby boguslaw55,052 views
- 8:00 Finance and The Kelley School of Businessby Harris Bell197 views
- 1:06:01 The Sound of Fearby UCLA1,492 views
- 3:41 Shifting to an opex modelby TelecomAsia318 views
- 8:27 Kuali Financial System Basics Part 1by wseverin754 views
- 4:51 The Higher Education Bubbleby encounterbooks98,540 views
- Loading more suggestions...