Dr. Kai-Fu Lee, VP, Google, Inc., Sci. & Tech Mentor, C-100
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 21, 2008
The Committee of 100 held its 17th Annual Conference "Bridging Progress, Sharing Vision," on April 17-19, 2008 in Los Angeles at The Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Bridge to a Bright Future
For the sixth consecutive year, the Committee of 100 held its popular conference mentoring program for young professionals. Here, Committee members Dr. Kai-Fu Lee, Vice President, Google, Inc.; President, Google Greater China and Dr. Chi-Foon Chan
President & COO
Synopsysshared their valuable career and life lessons in an intimate, roundtable setting and field questions directly from their mentees. Mentors and mentees were matched based on areas of interest and be seated in groups of ten.
Venue: The Beverly Hilton Hotel in the Beverly Hills Ballroom
Date & Time: SATURDAY, APRIL 19, 2008 (2:30pm - 5:30pm) Science & Technology Table 8
2:45-3:30pm Session I - Mentor: Dr. Chi-Foon Chan
3:35-4:20pm Session II - Mentor: Dr. Kai-Fu Lee
Vice President, Google, Inc.; President, Google Greater China
Kai-Fu joined Google in 2005 to develop the company's operations in China, and now he heads the Greater China operation as its President.
From 1998 to 2005, Kai-Fu was at Microsoft as a corporate vice president responsible for advanced natural language and user interface technologies. He also founded Microsoft Research Asia, which has since become one of the best research centers in the world. From 1996 to 1998, Kai-Fu was president of Cosmo Software, a subsidiary of Silicon Graphics, Inc. (SGI). There he was responsible for several product lines and the company's web strategy. Before joining SGI, Lee spent 6 years at Apple Computer, most recently as vice president of the company's interactive media group, which developed QuickTime, QuickDraw 3D, QuickTime VR and PlainTalk speech technologies.
In addition, from 1988 to 1990 Kai-Fu was assistant professor at Carnegie Mellon University, where he developed the world's first speaker-independent continuous speech-recognition system. This system was selected as the "Most Important Innovation of 1988" by BusinessWeek. While at Carnegie Mellon, Kai-Fu also developed the computer program that plays the game "Othello," which defeated the human world champion in 1988.
Kai-Fu holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University and a B.S. in Computer Science with highest honors from Columbia University. He is a Fellow of the IEEE.
Dr. Chi-Foon Chan
President & Chief Operating Officer
Dr. Chi-Foon Chan shares responsibility for running the company with Synopsys Chairman and CEO Dr. Aart de Geus. Dr. Chan is focused on driving the company's internal operations and worldwide field organization. He joined Synopsys in 1990 as Vice President of Applications and Services. Previously at NEC Corporation, Dr. Chan was General Manager of the microprocessor group, responsible for marketing all NEC chip devices in North America. Prior to NEC, Dr. Chan was an engineering manager at Intel Corporation. He holds an M.S. and a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Case Western Reserve University.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:10 google earth is not funny anymoreby opossum77Featured 6,119,984
- 25:04 Kaifu Lee 李开复, founder of Innovation Works, speaks at CHINICT.by CHINICT TechStarsInChina 1,547 views
- 8:47 [面对面]cctv董倩专访李开复：人生的定位，追随我心，世界因我而不同！5/5by kiatlc 2,255 views
- 9:56 Kai-Fu Lee chats with Startup Asia authorby startupasia 950 views
- 9:28 Steve Chen, Co-Founder & CTO, YouTube, C-100 Mentoring Introby clroger 1,595 views
- 4:52 遠見6月人物特寫：李開復by cwgv 6,362 views
- 10:01 Prof. Shing-Tung Yau Speech in C-100 17th Conf. 2008 (1/2)by clroger 7,657 views
- 8:41 China's Higher Education: Kai-Fu Lee, President,Google Chinaby clroger 3,612 views
- 44:07 2008 Google 开发者日的内容之一 - 大会主题演讲by GoogleDevelopersZHCN 3,936 views
- 1:06:13 2008 Google 开发者日的内容之一 - 谷歌移动平台座谈会by GoogleDevelopersZHCN 5,943 views
- 3:25:35 Google I/O 2013: Keynoteby GoogleDevelopers 521,439 views
- 10:00 2009 AAMA Conference - Keynote Speaker: Dr Kai-Fu Lee, part 1by aamasv 1,701 views
- 9:54 周曙光质问Google的李开复，李开复没有承认协助政府进行审查by 曙光 周 8,485 views
- 9:29 An Inside Look at Google China - part 5 of 6by engedu1 6,462 views
- 3:25 直击李开复新战略演讲by yanguangming 1,033 views
- 8:06 馬英九總統會Google中華區總裁李開復by vivichen5053 3,536 views
- 16:55 Inspire Innovation: Kai-Fu Leeby CarnegieMellonU 2,586 views
- 3:25 李开复炒跨国巨头鱿鱼 甘做创业伯乐 - part 1by tvshow014 664 views
- 4:55:28 Google I/O 2013 Keynoteby CNETTV 40,517 views
- 2:22 Kai-Fu Lee @ VentureBeatby Camille Ricketts 2,219 views
- Loading more suggestions...