Teaching Alternative Energy and Green Power (US)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 21, 2010
The Sustainable Energy Module from LJ Create ( http://LJCreate.com ) provides students with an exciting insight into new and future methods of energy production. ST100 Sustainable Energy is part of a range of interactive teaching resources for green technology,
Demand for energy is rising all over the world, while fossil fuel resources are dwindling and the climate is being adversely affected by their use.
Science and technology can provide the answer to tackle these issues.
Today's students will need a firm grounding in scientific and engineering principles that underpin these technologies, if they are to contribute to the future of sustainable energy.
The Sustainable Energy Module is fully resourced with hardware for group demonstrations and individual investigations.
By using the on-screen Energy Simulator included with the module, each student is challenged with solving energy production issues.
The interactive geophysical simulator contains a number of different ecological scenarios.
Used throughout the module, this highly motivational application gives students the opportunity to utilise the various power generation technologies that they investigate.
Working individually at their computer, a student makes real-life decisions to meet energy needs, environmental targets and financial constraints.
During group discussions, students are always eager to offer their own solution to energy generation problems.
Students discover for themselves the need for sustainable energy resources,
...the science and impact of climate change,
...and how currently the majority of global power generation is based on burning fossil fuels.
The hands-on approach through hardware, interactive applications and simulations throughout the module is highly engaging:
...students perform experiment with wind turbines and build wind farms to identify what factors affect the power provided by the wind.
...they explore solar technologies,
...create solar farms by connecting an array of solar panels,
...and operate a Stirling engine (the power conversion unit at the heart of solar dish) to generate electricity from solar energy.
Solar troughs, solar furnaces, biomass, nuclear and traditional coal, gas and oil power stations all use steam to drive a turbine and generate electricity.
The steam turbine provided with the module enables the tutor to bring this technology to life.
Hydrogen fuel cells are a rapidly developing technology. The fuel cell brings, for example, high efficient, reliable and low emissions method of powering vehicles.
In this module students use an electrolyser to produce hydrogen from electricity and store it. A fuel cell is then used to convert the hydrogen back into electricity. The efficiency of this process will be established through scientific investigation.
Other sources of energy such as geothermal, hydroelectric, biomass and nuclear are also investigated to for students to make informed decisions on future energy solutions.
The ready-made quality lessons supplied with this module help tutors introduce topics and allow students to go on and carry out investigations, independently and within teams.
The learning content is designed for flexible delivery from a PC, server system or internet connection. Its html format meets the requirements of the SCORM standard for access on a virtual learning platform. It includes continuous and summative assessment for automatically tracking and marking students' progress.
Theory presentations in PowerPoint, are used by tutors to introduce topics and cover key concepts.
When used with a student response system, automatic tracking of the integrated questions, and instant feedback, helps engage and excite the students. This also saves valuable tutor time with automatic marking and reporting.
Within the activities, students interpret scientific data. They also perform mathematical calculations in the context of energy production technologies.
This approach makes ST100 a great application for a STEM program.
See http://LJCreate.com/Green for more information.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:23:03 Musica para expulsar energias negativasby Divino Nunes dos Santos229,866 views
- 8:27 Empyre Pro Series - Smokeless Wood Gasification Demoby ThisWarmHouse90,474 views
- 29:14 Extremely Powerful Pure Clean Positive Energy - Raise Vibration - Binauralby GeniusBrainPower938,935 views
- 9:54 IMPOSSIBLE Green Cars and Generators - Green Power - Joe Geniusby joegeniusshow63,528 views
- 4:00 Joe Holden - Revolutionary Mini Hydro Powerby David Sereda342,979 views
- 31:13 Alternative Energy Projectsby EletrikRidesAgain50,814 views
- 5:41 Energy Towers Power & Water - Introductory Overview.mpgby privatelands42,422 views
- 42:08 The False Promise of Green Energy (Prof. Andrew Morriss - Acton Institute)by Acton Institute2,492 views
- 14:03 Bloom Box: The Alternative Energy that Terrifies Obamaby PopModal226,119 views
- 13:20 CEILING FAN ALTERNATOR AC to DC Power Supply Converterby GREENPOWERSCIENCE104,220 views
- 10:01 PARABOLIC TROUGH REFLECTOR SOLAR WATER HEATER GREEN POWERby GREENPOWERSCIENCE527,052 views
- 6:07 Large-Scale Storage of Alternative Energyby utenergyinstitute30,967 views
- 10:01 HYDROGEN HHO GENERATOR greenpowerscienceby GREENPOWERSCIENCE868,537 views
- 5:52 Solar Hot Water Heater Thermosiphon DIYby VillageGoneGreen161,722 views
- 1:08:50 The Truth Behind The Energy Lie(What The Energy Cartels Don't Want You To See) full movieby alan carnagey254,006 views
- 8:47 Home Made Wind Turbineby scotswordy2,013,179 views
- 13:00 Make a Steam Engine convert to a SOLAR STEAM ENGINE AIR HOG ELECTRICITYby GREENPOWERSCIENCE154,646 views
- 1:32 Free Energy Light Bulbby mopatin221,160 views
- 6:10 Maxitrak & Maidstone Engineering Stirling Hot Air Enginesby Maxitrak Mes14,630 views
- 3:29 DIY STIRLING ENGINE Update Air Compressor to Solar Stirling Engineby GREENPOWERSCIENCE210,664 views
- Loading more suggestions...