Mitt Romney Embraces Privatizing Medicare and Social Security and Raising Eligibility Ages
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 18, 2012
I'm waiting to see how Mitt Romney walks any of this back once the general election begins if he ends up winning the Republican presidential nomination because I don't see how his statements tonight on Social Security and Medicare are going to help him with seniors later on, no matter how many times he reiterates that the cuts won't affect current recipients or those over fifty five years of age. During this Monday night's Republican debate Romney apparently thinks that seniors don't care what happens to their children or grandchildren.
Romney was asked what he would do in regards to Social Security and Medicare and he started things out with one of the Republican zombie lies out there, that President Obama cut $500 billion from Medicare. Mother Jones has more on why that's just not true here -- Return of the Big GOP Medicare Lie.
He also fully endorsed raising the eligibility ages for both Social Security and Medicare, endorsed Paul Ryan's plan to privatize Medicare, means testing which turns the programs into welfare programs and block-granting Medicaid back to the states. He also seemed to completely contradict himself within the time frame of a few minutes with his follow up a little later in the debate when he said "we simply can't say we're going to go out and borrow more money to let people set up new accounts to take money away from Social Security and Medicare today." Just what does he think those "voluntary" accounts are going to do to future benefit recipients? It's bad enough the man flip flops on every issue, he couldn't even get his talking points straight within a sentence of each other.
Sadly the awful policies he was promoting here rather than raising taxes on the wealthy and raising the income cap on payroll taxes and curbing the cost of health insurance by moving to a single payer program are not anything that either interests or is supported by his fellow Republican primary contenders, or the hapless moderators asking the questions during the debate.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:42 Mitt Romney's Medicare Fraudby UC Vibes4,798 views
- 7:56 Mitt Romney and Barack Obama Debate MediCare, Vouchers, Private Health Insuranceby UnfilteredView555 views
- 4:52 Ron Burgundy's Prison Riot Survival Tipsby Team Coco637,904 views
- 7:08 Ron Paul Intellectually Pummels Mitt Romney Into Submissionby KramerDSP397,647 views
- 6:34 Social Security is not a Ponzi Scheme!by Stefan Molyneux18,950 views
- 6:01 Governor Mitt Romney calls out President Barack Obama for a Public Debateby Veritatis1014,655 views
- 13:02 Mitt Romney on Taxes, Medicare, and Educationby Honor U1,090 views
- 1:58 Typhoon Haiyan: Marines Bring Much-Needed Aid to Philippinesby ABC News3,205 views
- 8:45 2014 Medicare Doughnut Hole Costs - Donut Hole Costs for 2014by Christopher Westfall2,388 views
- 1:32:52 First Presidential Debate: Obama vs. Romney (Complete HD - Quality Audio)by The Daily Conversation2,338,341 views
- 2:11 Mitt Romney on Social Securityby granitestatescsr1,006 views
- 11:11 Noam Chomsky and George Carlin on Republicans and Social Securityby NRUN6548,450 views
- 8:06 Medicare Part D - 5 Things To Know Before You Enroll in a Part D Planby David Forbes15,284 views
- 9:56 Milton Friedman - The Social Security Mythby LibertyPen137,932 views
- 8:33 How to select a Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage Planby AmericanRetire16,113 views
- 32:40 Medicare and the FEHB Programby USOPM1,628 views
- 4:06 Palin: Gingrich Will 'Clobber' Obamaby MrLespunk1,845 views
- 2:32 Ron Paul tells Mitt Romney to read the Constitution!by KramerDSP406,989 views
- 4:36 Social Security vs. Private Retirementby Learn Liberty74,894 views
- 18:21 SSDI Hearing Videoby vitalink51,142 views
- Loading more suggestions...