Wayne LaPierre (NRA) TRASHES Obama State Of The Union Speech. 2-14-13
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 14, 2013
lapierre obama state union gun | Wayne LaPierre delivered his organization's response to President Obama's fourth State of the Union address. Speaking from the 37th Annual Convention and Sport Show of the National Wild Turkey Federation in Nashville, Tenn., the outspoken gun advocate admonished the president's calls for a ban on "assault weapons" and on high-capacity ammunition clips, and accused him of engaging in widespread "deception."
"In that speech, the president displayed a level of public deception that simply cannot be ignored," LaPierre began. He explained that the first presidential presser following December's Newtown massacre contained a pledge to make schools safer, and that despite this promise, the White House and the media scoffed at the NRA's proposal for armed guards in schools.
The NRA chief then suggested that, during his Tuesday address, the president has betrayed his promise to put student safety above all else. "This was the address in which the president laid out his most ambitious agenda," LaPierre said, but, "In an hour-long speech, nowhere were the words 'school safety' to be found."
"Just think about that: less than two months after we had to look at our schools, the president made not one mention in his entire speech of the need to improve security for our school children," LaPierre continued. "Nothing he proposed has anything to do with protecting one child in any school in this country."
LaPierre then reminded the audience that a year ago, before Obama's re-election, he warned that a second term for the Democratic president would result in "the most aggressive campaign in history to destroy our Second Amendment rights."
He continued on to say that the president's "charade" of proposing stricter gun control measures under the mask of protecting schoolchildren is now "over." At the State of the Union, LaPierre said, the president exposed his own "fraudulent intentions."
On the president's background check proposals, LaPierre made the case that it would only affect law-abiding gun owners while the criminals will manage to slip through the cracks.
"None of it, from universal background checks to universal gun bans, does anything to keep children safer in our schools," he said. "And the president knows it. He didn't even mention it in his speech."
"We will stand and fight," LaPierre said of his organization's intention to not back from combating any gun control efforts, eliciting applause from the crowd.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:38 New Jersey Girl Fired up about the 2nd Amendment At the Gun Control Hearingby eyeontheworld9Featured 13,171
- 10:03 Wyoming says you can't have our guns or our magazines and if you try you will go to prisonby chris wigtion 2,438 views
- 5:21 Warning To American Gun Owners From Canadian News Anchorby 102196543 377,449 views
- 8:51 Mark Levin Anniliates Obama For Ignoring The Constitution, Tells GOP To 'Start Acting Like Men'by Wayne Dupree 10,694 views
- 12:03 Wayne LaPierre Full NRA Convention Speech 2013 - Call Out to Audienceby WeAreTheSavageNation 4,701 views
- 12:03 Wayne LaPierre speech responding to Obama's Inaugural Address January 22, 2013by thille11 3,046 views
- 10:46 Dick Durbin dismantles Wayne LaPierreby dkostv 39,467 views
- 3:18 Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy at Gun Control Hearing, Feb 13, 2013by Haggz51 606 views
- 1:33 Gun Control Hearing at New Jersey Legislature 2-13-13by Haggz51 862 views
- 3:51 Cracker Barrel Bans Gun Owners - BOYCOTTby MyGunsandMyReligion 10,635 views
- 4:51 NRA's Wayne LaPierre's Speech On Sandy Hook School Shootingby NewsPoliticsToday 1,227 views
- 6:20 Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to 'Erase' Second Amendmentby NewsmaxTV 12,247 views
- 7:44 Dwight Yoakam Explains To Piers Morgan Why People Have Gun Rightsby DefendForLiberty 196 views
- 13:08 Maryland: Governor O'Malley Emails Licensed Hunters to Push Gun Controlby NRAVideos 3,490 views
- 2:45 NRA Stand and Fight: Media Ignoranceby NRAVideos 29,055 views
- 15:10 [edited] Military Underground Bases, What they are forby Neal Vanderstelt 1,438 views
- 2:52 Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fireby Kris Koenig 20,448 views
- 1:13 CA Police Chief: "Guns Are Not a Defensive Weapon"by ampedin 2,513 views
- 7:49 NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrinaby NRAVideos 1,456,179 views
- 1:03 Wayne LaPierre sets CNN Straight!by georgiahunter4333 141,855 views
- Loading more suggestions...