Teenager triumphs over her RSD pain after Calmare Therapy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 15, 2012
(Ed. Note: Amanada was one of the first RSD patients treated at Rutherford Allied Medical Group in New Jersey. Her story is so compelling we wanted to feature an excerpt of Amanda telling her story firsthand).
After sixteen-year-old Amanda endured countless medical examinations, spinal blocks, epidurals, bones scans, MRIs, EMGs, EKGs, ultrasounds and x-rays, it was determined she contracted RSD in her toes, heal and above her ankle as a result of a ankle cast which was administered too tightly after an ankle sprain was misdiagnosed as a fracture.
Her mother tenaciously refused to accept other pain specialists who recommended surgery and painful treatments to combat her daughter's pain. One day, she put her daughter in the car and headed to New Jersey to try a new treatment called Calmare Therapy.
Amanda will share her story with you here. She and her mother see Dr. Cooney for booster treatments about twice per year, due to the severity of her original condition. Many, but not all, Calmare patients require periodic booster treatments.
What is Relex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
RSD is a chronic pain disorder characterized by more than just aches and soreness. Over time, the resulting discomfort can escalate to burning pain, sweating, joint swelling, and extreme sensitivity to the touch. The condition often begins as a result of an injured limb, trauma, surgery, heart attack, or infection. The syndrome has been particularly frustrating to the medical community because of the diversity of pain symptoms and difficulty in successfully treating the constant pain.
To learn more, visit www.calmaretherapynj.com or call (201) 933- four-440
Standard YouTube License
- 8:21 Idrocolon terapiaby Novix Tom1,014,934 views
- 7:38 Kenley fights back against RSD with Calmare scramber therapyby Michael J. Cooney419 views
- 1:13:54 CRPS/RSD: Update on Treatmentsby RSDSAofAmerica7,851 views
- 5:30 Dr. Michael Cooney Talks About Calmare Therapy on News 12by Michael J. Cooney2,336 views
- 2:17 Gina shares her long-time struggle with RSD and her fight back with Calmare Therapyby Michael J. Cooney528 views
- 20:21 3-Day Ketamine Treatment for Complex Regional Pain Syndromeby dockirkpatrick10,943 views
- 1:50 Calmare Therapy ends Bill's RSD pain after knee replacement surgeryby Michael J. Cooney1,288 views
- 3:21 Deena overcomes five-year RSD battle after discovering Calmare Therapyby Michael J. Cooney181 views
- 2:40 Calmare Therapy helps 17-year-old overcome debilitating RND and fibromyalgiaby Michael J. Cooney402 views
- 6:14 CNN report on Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophyby jennybean41632,617 views
- 12:57 Jugo para para reducir dolores, inflamaciones causado x la artritisby Cocinemosjuntos.com329,086 views
- 1:34 California woman travels 3,000 miles to finally end pain from CRPSby Michael J. Cooney369 views
- 5:54 Neuropathy Treatment Group VS Neuracel - Don't buy until you see this SHOCKING video!by NeuropathyChannel5,650 views
- 4:23 Donna's Story - Using Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to treat CRPS/RSDby UnderPressureHBOT489 views
- 7:48 Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS/RSD) Treatment TMJ CONNECTIONby Gary Demerjian8,051 views
- 1:58 Indiana teen finds RSD pain relief with Calmare in NJby Michael J. Cooney1,470 views
- 7:43 My Journey With Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophyby TheRealRazorRecords1,315 views
- 10:25 DISTROFIA SIMPATICA REFLEJAby Jose GARCIA2,828 views
- 5:16 The Most Cruel & Painful Way To Dieby Tritax0371,297,652 views
- 4:48 Male Massage Therapyby amirulamir20304,146 views
- Loading more suggestions...