Edible Education 101: "Feeding the World" by Raj Patel
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 18, 2012
The international food complex has changed significantly over the last twenty years. How does the food economy shape countries' access to good food?
Lecture by RAJ PATEL
Raj Patel is a writer, activist and academic. He has worked for the World Bank and WTO, and protested against them around the world. He's currently a visiting scholar at UC Berkeley's Center for African Studies, an Honorary Research Fellow at the School of Development Studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal and a fellow at The Institute for Food and Development Policy, also known as Food First. He has testified about the causes of the global food crisis to the US House Financial Services Committee and is an Advisor to the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food. In addition to numerous scholarly publications, he regularly writes for The Guardian, and has contributed to the LA Times, NYTimes.com, The San Francisco Chronicle, The Mail on Sunday, and The Observer. His first book was Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System and his latest, The Value of Nothing, is a New York Times best-seller.
Edible Education 101: The Rise and Future of the Food Movement.
UC Berkeley, Graduate School of Journalism and College of Letters and Science, Fall 2011.
Sponsored by The Edible Schoolyard Project (edibleschoolyard.org), with support from Stephen Silberstein and The Knight foundation for Environmental Journalism.
Live Stream sponsored by Bon Appetit Management Company.
Instructors: Michael Pollan and Nikki Henderson.
Standard YouTube License
- 56:25 Food Farming and Genetics with Michael Pollanby UCtelevisionFeatured 7,896
- 1:26:25 Edible Education 101: "The Politics of Food" by Marion Nestleby ESYProject 79 views
- 1:23:12 Edible Education 101: "Food As Culture" by Director Peter Sellarsby ESYProject 138 views
- 1:21:06 Edible Education 101: "The Global Food Movement" by Carlo Petrini and Corby Kummerby ESYProject 275 views
- 1:19:34 Edible Education 101: "Food and the Environment" by Frances Moore Lappé and Gidon Eshelby ESYProject 18 views
- 1:21:47 Edible Education: Feeding the Worldby UCBerkeley 4,402 views
- 1:16:27 Edible Education 103: "Eating Oil, Eating Sunshine" by Michael Pollanby ESYProject 1,169 views
- 1:06:19 Raj Patel - The Real Price of Foodby collegeoftheatlantic's channel 26,470 views
- 1:16:36 Feeding the World - Edible Education, RAJ PATEL - Talk, Lecture, Documentary - (Health Food)by Health and Super Foods 723 views
- 15:19 Raj Patel In Attacks on Obama, Food Stamps, Newt Gingrich is Racially Coding Povertyby ZeroPermissionTwo 88 views
- 1:19:32 Edible Education 101: "Corporations and the Food Movement" by Jack Sinclair & Jib Ellisonby ESYProject 71 views
- 10:02 Raj Patel, Maitreya and The Prince who shall comeby MaitreyaTheBetrayer 104,189 views
- 1:20:59 Edible Education 101: "Nutrition, Health, and Diet Related Disease" by Patricia Crawfordby ESYProject 89 views
- 39:27 A Big Think Interview With Raj Patelby bigthink 4,402 views
- 58:31 Revelle Forum: Michael Pollanby UCtelevision 4,971 views
- 1:23:04 Berkeley Writers at Work with Michael Pollanby UCBerkeleyEvents 7,578 views
- 1:11:31 The Green Revolution: Raj Patel, Author, Activist, Economistby UCBerkeley 3,860 views
- 1:20:53 Causes of War & Conditions for Peace: Food's Roleby uivpc 75 views
- 32:31 Mike Davis political activist, urban and historical theorist, Marxist American writerby Geographyvideo 1,524 views
- 1:25:59 Edible Education: What is an Edible Education?by UCBerkeley 2,924 views
- Loading more suggestions...