Edible Education 101: "Feeding the World" by Raj Patel
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 18, 2012
The international food complex has changed significantly over the last twenty years. How does the food economy shape countries' access to good food?
Lecture by RAJ PATEL
Raj Patel is a writer, activist and academic. He has worked for the World Bank and WTO, and protested against them around the world. He's currently a visiting scholar at UC Berkeley's Center for African Studies, an Honorary Research Fellow at the School of Development Studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal and a fellow at The Institute for Food and Development Policy, also known as Food First. He has testified about the causes of the global food crisis to the US House Financial Services Committee and is an Advisor to the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food. In addition to numerous scholarly publications, he regularly writes for The Guardian, and has contributed to the LA Times, NYTimes.com, The San Francisco Chronicle, The Mail on Sunday, and The Observer. His first book was Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System and his latest, The Value of Nothing, is a New York Times best-seller.
Edible Education 101: The Rise and Future of the Food Movement.
UC Berkeley, Graduate School of Journalism and College of Letters and Science, Fall 2011.
Sponsored by The Edible Schoolyard Project (edibleschoolyard.org), with support from Stephen Silberstein and The Knight foundation for Environmental Journalism.
Live Stream sponsored by Bon Appetit Management Company.
Instructors: Michael Pollan and Nikki Henderson.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:19:34 Edible Education 101: "Food and the Environment" by Frances Moore Lappé and Gidon Eshelby The Edible Schoolyard Project195 views
- 1:23:12 Edible Education 101: "Food As Culture" by Director Peter Sellarsby The Edible Schoolyard Project283 views
- 1:26:25 Edible Education 101: "The Politics of Food" by Marion Nestleby The Edible Schoolyard Project295 views
- 1:21:06 Edible Education 101: "The Global Food Movement" by Carlo Petrini and Corby Kummerby The Edible Schoolyard Project400 views
- 2:34:40 Maitreya & the Mastersby DisclosureBubble5,780 views
- 1:37:21 How to Reshape Market Society and Redefine Democracy: Naomi Klein & Raj Patel on Economicsby The Film Archives1,662 views
- 19:41 Benjamin Creme's "Maitreya" Debunked (full video)by VerseByVerseBT49,769 views
- 15:17 Raj Patel - Maitreya - The Antichrist - The Dajjal - 29/40by TheTruthIsFromGod6288 views
- 15:30 Raj Patel - Maitreya - The Antichrist - The Dajjal - 39/40by TheTruthIsFromGod6225 views
- 1:29:44 Edible Education 103: Edible Education, by Alice Watersby The Edible Schoolyard Project426 views
- 56:25 Food Farming and Genetics with Michael Pollanby University of California Television (UCTV)8,605 views
- 50:18 Babylon the Great & The Turkish Antichrist - Armageddon Newsby Armageddon News47,899 views
- 58:31 Revelle Forum: Michael Pollanby University of California Television (UCTV)5,235 views
- 15:28 Raj Patel - Maitreya - The Antichrist - The Dajjal - 36/40by TheTruthIsFromGod6372 views
- 1:20:59 Edible Education 101: "Nutrition, Health, and Diet Related Disease" by Patricia Crawfordby The Edible Schoolyard Project228 views
- 15:30 Raj Patel - Maitreya - The Antichrist - The Dajjal - 38/40by TheTruthIsFromGod6329 views
- 14:43 Maitreya & Aliens, Chapter 1 : From Theosophy to Maitreya Raj Patel Part 3 of 3by TheTruthIsFromGod62,686 views
- 10:48 Raj Patel - Maitreya - The Antichrist - The Dajjal - 8/40by TheTruthIsFromGod6280 views
- 10:59 Raj Patel - Maitreya - The Antichrist - The Dajjal - 15/40by TheTruthIsFromGod6291 views
- 10:52 Raj Patel - Maitreya - The Antichrist - The Dajjal - 4/40by TheTruthIsFromGod6132 views
- Loading more suggestions...