Rep. Artur Davis RNC Full Speech 2012, Appeals To IndependentsTo Correct Mistake Of 2008
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 28, 2012
Former Democratic Alabama Rep. Artur Davis, who introduced President Barack Obama in 2008 at the Democratic Convention in Denver, appeared before the Republicans in Tampa on Monday and fired up the crowd with a powerful speech. He said that he regretted his vote and spoke directly to the nation's independents and Democrats who do not support Obama anymore. "May it be said of this time in our history, 2008 to 2012: mistake corrected," said Davis.
Davis opened by thanking Republicans for letting him addresses their convention as a former Democrat. He slammed President Obama and said that the nation that elected him was blinded by his ability to speak and their hopes that the nation would move forward under his leadership.
He went on to say that he was depressed by how Obama has performed in office. It did not take long before he had the audience eating out of the palm of his hand as he ramped up the rhetoric of a former Obama supporter.
"Now, ladies and gentlemen, there are Americans who are listening to this speech right now who hasn't always been with you," said Davis. "To those Democrats and independents whose minds are open to argument, listen closely to the Democratic party that will gather in Charlotte and ask yourself if you hear your voice in the clamor. Ask yourself if these Democrats still speak for you.
"When they say, 'We have a duty to grow government even when we cannot afford it,' does it sound like compassion to you or does it sound like recklessness," Davis continued. "When you hear the party that glorified Occupy Wall Street blast success, when you hear them minimize the genius of the men and women who make jobs out of nothing, is that what you teach your children about work?"
"When they tell you America is this unequal place, where the powerful trample on the powerless, does that sound like the country your children or your spouse risked their lives for in Iraq or Afghanistan," Davis continued. "Do you even recognize the America they are talking about?"
"John Kennedy asked us what we can do for America. This Democratic party asks what can government give you," Davis went on, attacking Obama's changes welfare reform's work requirements. He concluded by expressing his hopes that the nation sends Mitt Romney to the White House next year.
Watch Davis' speech below via C-SPAN:
Standard YouTube License
- 9:24 OBAMA BANNED THIS VIDEO - GEE, I WONDER WHY!.flvby Lea11011Featured 7,741,775
- 10:25 Fmr. Rep. Artur Davis: Why I Converted from Democrat to Republicanby NewsmaxTV 9,893 views
- 9:57 Nikki Haley's RNC Speech 8/28/12by MamaBarracuda 12,958 views
- 1:11 53 seconds that should end a presidencyby GaryLBauer 6,097,312 views
- 9:01 "It's Insulting To African Americans" Artur Davis On VP Biden's "Chains" Remarkby wwwMOXNEWScom 8,189 views
- 3:50 Former Barack Obama '08 Presidential Campaign Co-Chair Artur Davis Now Supports Romneyby YouCruising1 1,062 views
- 7:10 Mia Love - Speech At Republican National Conventionby mialoveinterviews 58,496 views
- 1:48 For Artur Davis, It's All About Artur Davisby DemRapidResponse 19,991 views
- 18:14 Condoleezza Rice RNC Full Speech 2012, Brings Crowd To Its Feet With Stirring Foreign Policy Speechby martysoffice 54,937 views
- 5:55 Condoleezza Rice RNC Speech 2012: Best Moments - 9/11, National Security, Debt, Educationby ABCNews 43,600 views
- 14:03 Raw Video: Rick Santorum's speech at the RNCby CNN 6,612 views
- 2:40 Roland Martin On Artur Davis' RNC Address: You Just Heard A Political Fraudby Roland Martin 4,910 views
- 19:30 Condi Rice's Full RNC Speech 8/29/12by MamaBarracuda 21,206 views
- 1:52 Congressman Tim Scott's speech at the RNC 2012by Tim Scott 14,010 views
- 36:34 Watch Mitt Romney Announce Paul Ryan as Running Mateby PBSNewsHour 22,032 views
- 5:16 Artur Davis, Former Democratic congressman switches party - Fox News (video) 05302012.flvby bydesign001 3,893 views
- 9:06 Republican National Convention 2012: Diane Sawyer Discusses Trip Around Tampa, Floridaby ABCNews 5,377 views
- 0:58 Former Democrat Rep Artur Davis Will Vote For Romneyby jim hoft 5,566 views
- 25:16 Gov. Chris Christie's R.N.C. Speech - Election 2012by TheNewYorkTimes 60,946 views
- 5:04 RNC 2012: Church Member Says Mitt Romney Devotes Life to 'Quietly Serving Others'by ABCNews 30,780 views
- Loading more suggestions...