END7: How to Shock a Celebrity
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 25, 2013
Please donate at http://www.end7.org/ENDthisUK
We asked celebrities including Emily Blunt, Eddie Redmayne and Priyanka Chopra to watch a powerful new video. See how they reacted to people suffering from neglected tropical diseases (NTDs)...Can you make it through to the end?
Visit http://www.end7.org/ to join the fight.
Most people have never heard of these seven diseases, but as you'll see on the video, NTDs can be horrific and are a major reason why poor communities stay trapped in poverty. It costs just 50 pence to treat and protect one person for an entire year. Visit http://www.end7.org/ to take action today. We would love for you to join us on the journey to 2020 -- together we can see the end!
Here's the background: Nearly 1 in 6 people around the world, including 500 million children, suffer from seven NTDs: Elephantiasis, Roundworm, Hookworm, Whipworm, Trachoma, River Blindness and Snail Fever.
What's different about this story, though, is the ending. The great news is that all it takes to treat these seven diseases is a packet of pills, costing 50 pence. With the backing of some major players, including the World Health Organization and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we can actually eliminate these diseases by 2020.
END7 aims to raise the public awareness and funding required to cover the cost of distributing medicine and setting up treatment programs for NTDs. A big problem is that NTDs affect neglected communities -- the world's poorest people. So END7 is about providing them with a voice to help address a big problem. Emily Blunt ("Salmon Fishing in the Yemen," "Devil Wears Prada"); Eddie Redmayne ("Les Miserables," "My Week with Marilyn"); Tom Felton ("Harry Potter" series); Yvonne Chaka Chaka (South African pop star); Tom Hollander ("Pirates of the Caribbean," "Pride and Prejudice"); and Priyanka Chopra (leading Bollywood actress and international recording artist) are featured in the video and are END7 supporters.
This won't be easy. To end these diseases by 2020 we need to raise money from governments and the public to transport the pills to those in need and set up treatment programs that communities can run themselves. While the diseases have been around for centuries, the global effort to eliminate them is brand new.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:42 END7: How to Shock a Celebrityby END7TV287,023 views
- 9:03 In the Rough -- A Success Story from Sierra Leoneby END7TV3,720 views
- 1:58 END7 - OUR MISSION IN A MINUTE - US Versionby END7TV48,760 views
- 1:46 END7: NTDs & Waterby END7TV3,294 views
- 46:32 The Jeremy Kyle Show - Whos Telling the Truth, My Psychic or My Twin Sister? Lie Detector Resultsby The Jeremy Kyle Zone69,108 views
- 12:23 Jeff Dunham - Controlled Chaos - Peanutby Comedy Station5,620,330 views
- 7:46 Pokémon X and Y - Top 5 Types Sylveon Could Beby dookieshed765,223 views
- 7:18 Jennifer Lawrence @ The Ellen DeGeneres Show | Full interview [HD]by xSaul90x2,728,578 views
- 31:10 DP/30: Les Miserables, actor Eddie Redmayneby DP/30158,105 views
- 4:49 Raw: Jennifer Lawrence backstage after 2013 Oscar winby CNN1,872,071 views
- 23:03 1ST WORLD PROBLEMS AT FOREVER 21by grav3yardgirl892,011 views
- 6:48 Ye Dooriyan - a complete movie, in a single song.by Kabir Bhakka4,661,237 views
- 2:16 One Direction see how £5 can prevent a child from dying | Red Nose Day 2013by Comic Relief6,190,630 views
- 17:23 Les Miserables An Extensive Inside Look Behind the Scenes (2012)by Snouty Pig725,356 views
- 5:44 What Most Schools Don't Teachby Code.org11,165,173 views
- 4:55 AMIClubwear : How to Walk in Heelsby amiclubwear3,766,231 views
- 48:29 Sébastien Léger - In The Studio With Future Musicby Future Music Magazine68,876 views
- 11:50 Interview: 'Les Miserables' stars Eddie Redmayne and Samantha Barksby MattPaisRedEye385,709 views
- 7:39 Take Heart - Hillsong United - Lyrics [HD]by CheerfulGiants437,376 views
- 22:23 LES MISERABLES Interviews: Jackman, Hathaway, Seyfried, Redmayne, Barksby Jake Hamilton726,112 views
- Loading more suggestions...