The Yosemite 2012 Photowalk
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 3, 2012
A group of Google+ photo enthusiasts met in Yosemite on January 1st, 2012, to celebrate the New Year and make photos. Here's some clips (not always in order) of that Photowalk).
Here's the clips:
00:56 Thomas Hawk showing us his 8mm fisheye lens. He was shooting the roots of a giant sequoia redwood tree.
01:53 Trey Ratcliff goes "off trail" to make a photo of two fallen logs and we talk about how he "sees" in 3D, thanks to playing Quake.
He also shows how he shoots in HDR, with seven images. Later he talks about the importance of putting something in the photo to show a sense of scale.
05:56 Thomas Hawk uses his 8mm fisheye to make weird images of me. By shooting my face literally a few inches away from his lens it gives a distorted view.
07:13 Tony Payne, who works for Google, says Happy New Year, before Thomas Hawk shows us his images that he made on New Year's morning at Glacier Point. Then Scott Jarvie talks about his images and the importance of getting up early in the morning to catch the best light.
10:09: Scott Kublin and Trey Ratcliff have a fun conversation about SEO (Scott helped Trey get better rankings on his website). This was while we were shooting at the Mariposa Grove in Yosemite. Later Dustin Best, who works for Smugmug (great photosharing service) explained how he got his job there.
17:01 Karen Hutton, who does voiceover (her voice is heard in Denver Airport's trains, in Las Vegas' elevators, jokes around with Trey (her voice is in Trey's iPad app). Later Thomas Hawk comes into the shot at 21:00 and talks about when you need a model release.
23:57 Scott Jarvie talks about wedding photography. Later Trey Ratcliff shows up and directs Kimberly Shoemaker who plays the group's model.
28:40 Kimberly Shoemaker models at Glacier Point on New Year's morning as Thomas Hawk shoots her along with Scott Jarvie.
34:07 Tony Payne shows me his Sony SLT camera, which Trey Ratcliff says is the future of photography and explains that there's a world coming where the DSLR is going to be old news soon at 35:26. This is an interesting discussion with Trey that goes into how people see HDR and why some people hate that technique.
- 19:52 National Geographic Live! - Photographer Jimmy Chin: Climbing Yosemiteby NationalGeographicFeatured 135,586
- 12:25 The story behind Rackspace's acquisition of Sharepoint 911by Robert Scoble 358 views
- 16:40 My first photowalk with Lytro's lightfield cameraby Robert Scoble 42,958 views
- 6:08 Trey Ratcliff shows off cool photo processing appby Robert Scoble 10,788 views
- 4:38 Photowalking with Chase Jarvis in Seattleby Robert Scoble 33,298 views
- 14 videos Play all Trey Ratcliffby razeril
- 8:13 Yosemite Nature Notes - 14 - Horsetail Fallby yosemitenationalpark 370,039 views
- 13:34 Queenstown Photowalk December 2011by cameralabs 17,302 views
- 1:03:11 Photographers@Google: Trey Ratcliffby AtGoogleTalks 80,547 views
- 2:47 Google+: John Butterill's Virtual Photo Walksby Google 292,219 views
- 1:37:09 Trey's Variety Hour #03: Colby Brown / Lisa Bettany / Chris MacAskillby Trey Ratcliff 3,794 views
- 15:24 Travel photography - the most useful equipmentby thatnikonguy 23,750 views
- 1:33 Lytro Camera: More Control with Creative Modeby Lytro - Picture Revolution 26,574 views
- 8:57 Yosemite National Parkby AnythingGoesProd 162,401 views
- 1:05 Lytro Hands On.by Drake Martinet 25,052 views
- 2:45 "First Light: Five Photographers Explore Yosemite's Wilderness" photo book trailerby Scot Miller 8,002 views
- Yosemite National Park 32,559 videos74
- 0:39 Yosemite Photography Workshop - Oct. 2009by ApertureAcademy 844 views
- 3:14 The North Face: Alex Honnold in Yosemiteby The North Face 727,969 views
- 6:40 Yosemite Nature Notes - 16 - Sky Islandsby yosemitenationalpark 16,374 views
- 54:28 TWiT Photo 45: Trey Ratcliffby twit 13,578 views
- 1:40 Find Your Focus - Day 3 Yosemite Photographyby Cris Duncan 186 views
- Loading more suggestions...